It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus and mother nature to the rescue .

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good news when it is less deadly. I think I would rather get sick with this version than one where it might again mutate and get really bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0nautthe reason the US has more cases is because the US tested more than any other country. But don’t let that sway your already swYed opinion. I heard your country just shut down for 6 more cases and is using the military to enforce the shutdown

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paul911GT3
a reply to: chr0nautthe reason the US has more cases is because the US tested more than any other country. But don’t let that sway your already swYed opinion. I heard your country just shut down for 6 more cases and is using the military to enforce the shutdown

The US also has more deaths from COVID-19. Is that because they tested more? Clearly the level of testing does nothing to actually prevent the spread of the epidemic. Lockdown and quarrantine of those affected, does.

There were also nine new publicly transmitted cases here in New Zealand yesterday. Yesterday, in the USA, there were 216,886 new cases. I think that by comparison, we are doing OK.

The current lockdown in New Zealand began on the same day that the first new case of publicly transmitted COVID-19 was confirmed. We didn't wait around for it to get big, like other countries appear to be doing.

The lockdown is also partial, with different levels of restriction for different locations, and even the most restricted location is at a more relaxed level than the previous lockdown.

There are no military enforcing the lockdown in New Zealand.

edit on 24/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I gotta say....

I'm Looking at this Whole Corona Virus thing from an ENTIRELY different angle now!

I can see myself getting confused between my Reading Lenses in the Coming Future.

hahahahahahaha

=P

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Good news when it is less deadly. I think I would rather get sick with this version than one where it might again mutate and get really bad.

Yeah, wanna know a little secret?

I Actually Didn't realize that when I was Choosing! =X

But it's all Good Now.

^_^

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
If one case is a problem, you put the person in isolation.

You don't punish the entire country.

Common sense???

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If one case is a problem, you put the person in isolation.

You don't punish the entire country.

Common sense???

Over a hundred people in New Zealand have been hospitalized, with COVID-19 symptoms and positive tests, in the last week. This was in a prior curcumstance where there were no infections in the general public for 106 days. Essentially, it didn't exist 'out there' in New Zealand society until this particular outbreak.

More than 1,600 peole have had contact with those who have been positively identified in this outbreak and this is all in the space of a week.

It is because of this that we must respond quickly.

All it took was one person to come into the US with the virus, and to date there have been 5.7 million people in the US who have tested positive.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Communism vs freedom. We don't lock people in apartments, and leave sick people in the streets to die like them.

Also, who the funk believes anything coming outta the ChiComs? Are you a gulli-bull or a gulli-calf?

Perhaps because of their autocratic responses, China has brought the virus under control? Also, now there is not a problem with the virus there, do you think they are still sealing people into their apartments?

And, there are other free-world, and first world, countries who have also brought it under control, without the autocracy. What of them?

Also, what about the homeless and poor in the USA? Are the government, as a country, treating all their citizens well - or just the compliant 'earners'? How is ideological conformity, or else you are ostracized from society, any sort of 'freedom'?

How exactly do you know that CCP has the virus under control? From official chinese tv?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

Communism vs freedom. We don't lock people in apartments, and leave sick people in the streets to die like them.

Also, who the funk believes anything coming outta the ChiComs? Are you a gulli-bull or a gulli-calf?

Perhaps because of their autocratic responses, China has brought the virus under control? Also, now there is not a problem with the virus there, do you think they are still sealing people into their apartments?

And, there are other free-world, and first world, countries who have also brought it under control, without the autocracy. What of them?

Also, what about the homeless and poor in the USA? Are the government, as a country, treating all their citizens well - or just the compliant 'earners'? How is ideological conformity, or else you are ostracized from society, any sort of 'freedom'?

How exactly do you know that CCP has the virus under control? From official chinese tv?

No, from a number of worldwide groups examinig the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

Here's one here: John's Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center - Global Map Just scroll down the list to look at China's statistics.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No, from a number of worldwide groups examinig the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

Here's one here: John's Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center - Global Map Just scroll down the list to look at China's statistics.

Well...they still need the data from...CCP?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Well...they still need the data from...CCP?

The Taiwanese were an early whistle blower in regard to China's figures, and petitioned the WHO to investigate. They also tried to use this as a way to get independent representation separate from China, with the WHO.

When the WHO dragged their feet, the Taiwanese sent in their own team and began suppying revised figures.

WHO ‘refused to act’ on Taiwan’s virus alert - Asia Times

Now the WHO has, at the behest of a number of countries, sent teams into China to observe. The latest figures from China do seem to be validated.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join