It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race: it's p155ed me off for decades. Why can't we.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Abolish the word race all together and replace it with something like skin tone (due to the sun only, facts!) on a 1 to 5 scale? And purely for identification purposes only.. Ie passports driving licences etc.

Apologies for begging the question, but I believe humans are all equal, and it's not anyone's fault on which part of the planet (hot/cold) they are born.

Been thinking about this since i was a kid, sorry if it's been discussed a ton already, but i just wanted to finally throw it out there to see what you guys think.

I'm sure there's plenty of reasons to why it wouldn't work, I would like to hear reasonable arguments as to why.

Discuss nicely please

Many Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

sorry but the only way "race" will ever be eliminated is when another being (humanoid species) shows their ass here on our planet...

Then we'll finally see we're one race... skin colour makes no difference

Until then its a lost cause

sadly

edit on 20-8-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

sorry but the only way "race" will ever be eliminated is when another being shows their ass here...

Then we'll finally see we're one race... skin colour makes no difference

Until then its a lost cause

sadly

I like and agree, but what about the identification factor?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

They will likely be more advanced then us... by light years... literally....

and probably not look like... us.. lol

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
We're not there yet buddy. I too have wet dreams of becoming a star fleet planet, but the people in power here are so corrupt you just can't trust them.
I know you already liked my comment, but honestly we're just still too primitive.

edit on 20-8-2020 by Rekrul because: Struggling with reality

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Abolish the word race all together and replace it with something like skin tone (due to the sun only, facts!) on a 1 to 5 scale? And purely for identification purposes only.. Ie passports driving licences etc.

Like the colour range in women's cosmetics?

As for getting rid of words......too many are being sacrificed on the altar of

political correctness already, soon we will be back to only being allowed to

grunt.

Apologies for begging the question, but I believe humans are all equal

I'll go along with that ....... except to enlarge on it to 'equal but different' it

seems we are being herded into a same colourless existence at the same time

as preaching that diversity is the 'new' in thing.

I'm sure there's plenty of reasons to why it wouldn't work, I would like to hear reasonable arguments as to why.

Because like it or not 'we are all different'

*Vive le difference *

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Like the colour range in women's cosmetics?

As for getting rid of words......too many are being sacrificed on the altar of

political correctness already, soon we will be back to only being allowed to

grunt.

Apologies for begging the question, but I believe humans are all equal

I'll go along with that ....... except to enlarge on it to 'equal but different' it

seems we are being herded into a same colourless existence at the same time

as preaching that diversity is the 'new' in thing.

Because like it or not 'we are all different'

*Vive le difference *

Thanks, and agreed. I was going to mention we are all different, like snowflakes, no wait not snowflakes! Like finger prints πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ˜

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
We can't because the other race is racist and cant come to terms with my race. My race isnt doing anything wrong, its their race. My race was either a victim or a culprit centuries ago, so their race still is or isnt to blame.

But seriously, all races in America at least seem to have majority feelings about the other races, stereotypes and superficial judgements of strangers that'll never go away. It could take centuries yet for it to slowly change.

The really sad part is the people who are mixed race, even to the point of 50/50 or a combination of several races identify with one and often have the mentality of it when it comes to shared racist ideas about other races.

Wasn't Obama basically half and half? Since his African part was dominant in his appearance and upbringing, he's considered black and identifies with black as if he were dark skinned. The first "black" President.

Kamala Harris isn't very black at all in the literal sense, and yet.. she's considered black. No one considers her Indian despite being literally 50%. She's more Indian than black but no one looks at her that way.
edit on 20-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

The really sad part is the people who are mixed race, even to the point of 50/50 or a combination of several races identify with one and often have the mentality of it when it comes to shared racist ideas about other races.

Wasn't Obama basically half and half? Since his African part was dominant in his appearance and upbringing, he's considered black and identifies with black as if he were dark skinned. The first "black" President.

Kamala Harris isn't very black at all in the literal sense, and yet.. she's considered black. No one considers her Indian despite being literally 50%. She's more Indian than black but no one looks at her that way.

Actually ^^^they^^^ are the worst......

They play on the race which gives them the most victim hood, so they can

bask in the *poor me* rays, AKA one who uses it constantly with a big C

the royal Meghan Markle!

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Stop being skin tonist.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
Actually ^^^they^^^ are the worst......

They play on the race which gives them the most victim hood, so they can

bask in the *poor me* rays, AKA one who uses it constantly with a big C

the royal Meghan Markle!

Ok, I have to call you out on this one. This is the biggest load of B.S. I've heard all week, and that's even after hearing what many Dem's have been saying.

I am a mixed race person and I know a lot of mixed race people, and NONE of them are anything like what you describe. Every mixed race person I know loves all aspects of their ethnicities and rarely ever uses the race card. The only times they ever use the race card is when it's pretty blatantly racist and hard to believe it's anything but, like what you said for example.

That over-generalization is very racist, the same kind of racist mentality people say when they claim an entire race is the same because of a few bad apples. So, long story short......screw you, buddy, and the person who actually gave you a star.
edit on 20-8-2020 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I was born in England. Im white white. Immigrated to the the US when I was four.

My Ex-wife is a Jamaican Jew whose family escaped the inquisition in spain and found themselves in Jamaica.

Her Mothers side is purely Jamaican. Her father is a black man from baltimore who’s who left the states and found himself more comfortable in JA.

I have 3 kids with my ex-wife.

My kids have 3 passports.

My kids were born in DC and St louis.

If one of my kids decides to enter politics which seems to be the case good luck trying to nail them down either.

Race is stupid construct.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I speak as I find and what I have expressed is as I have found as an instance

I will give you, a few weeks ago reading the papers there was an article on

Dee-Ann Kentish-Rogers a black woman, the article was so refreshing in how

she was where she was in life regardless of the colour of her skin.

She is a graduate of Law from the University of Birmingham, as well as being a beauty queen and a barrister, Kentish-Rogers is also an accomplished athlete, having competed in the 2014 Commonwealth Games. She was a heptathlete[1] and ran in the 400 metres in India in 2010 and competed in the heptathlon in Scotland in 2014. She was a pentathlon bronze medallist at the 2012 CARIFTA Games in Hamilton, Bermuda.

On June 29, 2020, Miss Rogers was elected to the Anguilla House Of Assembly defeating incumbent Premier Victor Banks for the Valley South seat. Miss Rogers is a member of the Anguilla Progressive Movement, which won a majority in the House Of Assembly.
en.wikipedia.org...

A few pages later I came across a whinging article on 'mixed race' Megan Markle

Who with ALL her privileges was moaning that she as a 'black' woman was being

racist against by the British public who had paid for her extravant wedding, home

extension trips abroad, security as well as laying down the red carpet of welcome

to her. On an official trip to Africa she made a speech to a host of African women

victims of poverty and rape that she as a strong black woman(and from her

privileged position)
she was with them.......

Then off speech she told the reporter no one was asking how she was coping. (poor.

me every one is racist toward me) SHE is the one constantly referring to herself as

black........ never refers to the 50% of her white self......well why would she, its

easier being a victim using 'the race card'

edit on 20-8-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
We're not there yet buddy. I too have wet dreams of becoming a star fleet planet, but the people in power here are so corrupt you just can't trust them.
I know you already liked my comment, but honestly we're just still too primitive.

Damn, that's a bit depressing for us. I also believe all the corruption and general evil in the world is due to this too

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Stop being skin tonist.

This made me laugh 😁

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
the problem is people are attaching more relevance or importance to "race" than it deserves or even warranted.

it should be treated as an identifying trait granted by biology... NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

it isnt within your control, it isnt changeable , one isnt more desirable , nor is one "better" than any other.

MLK summed it up best how to treat , judge, and/or view ANYONE

"JUDGE A MAN (or woman) NOT BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, BUT BY THE CONTENTS OF THEIR CHARACTER"

scrounger

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

the problem is people are attaching more relevance or importance to "race" than it deserves or even warranted.
it should be treated as an identifying trait granted by biology... NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.
it isnt within your control, it isnt changeable , one isnt more desirable , nor is one "better" than any other.
MLK summed it up best how to treat , judge, and/or view ANYONE
"JUDGE A MAN (or woman) NOT BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, BUT BY THE CONTENTS OF THEIR CHARACTER"

EXACTLY

In my youth admittedly many moons ago there was a saying ...... "Don't be so

thin skinned" for people who were constantly feeling hurt by perceived slights

Now days those same people use it in the same way as 'inverted snobbery' or

'poor me' to gain advantage on the playing field of life!!

edit on 21-8-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

top topics

join