It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

online murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What started out as a depraved idea has become a sickening reality...hunting animals online. This newest Internet craze was started by a San Antonio company called Live-Shot.com.

The Humane Society of the United States is calling on Congress to make it illegal across the country.

"This is a snuff film scenario in which animals will be senselessly killed for the voyeuristic pleasure of someone sitting at a keyboard. It is pay-per-view slaughter. This remotely delivered cruelty should be shut down and outlawed immediately," said Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of the Humane Society.

read more: news.yahoo.com.../afp/20050312/tc_afp/afplifestyleusinternet

My Husband brought up a frightening scenario. "If animals can be shot online, so can people!"

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Tell your husband to sit tight. We might see both in the future.

Only thing is most people would rather view humans hunted down than animals. I find them both equally sick and demented.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I remember reading about this sometime last year.
I don't think they should be able to do this.

Lockwood has scheduled another hunt in early April. That's when Dale Hagberg of Indiana, paralyzed and bed-ridden, will try to kill a wild animal for the first time since he was injured in a diving accident nearly 20 years ago.

"I was an avid hunter before I got hurt," Hagberg said. "I've missed it ever since."

Does he actually think it's going to be the same!?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Only thing is most people would rather view humans hunted down than animals. I find them both equally sick and demented.

So do you have issues with people hunting for food? I suppose that's sick and demented, too?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Delta, it appars you have the issues.

So, you think this is all great? This online murder?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So then any leading politicians could now be at risk of threat of assassination by computer controlled guns secretly hidden in interesting places...

Hey, the Iraqis could be shooting Americans but they think they are just playing Counterstrike online.... Doesn't this even the odds?

Iraqi Civilian Deaths at the hands of Americans 10000000+ (1991 - 2005)

American Civilian Deaths at the hands of Iraqis 4 (1991-2005)

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Delta, it appars you have the issues.

So, you think this is all great? This online murder?

Apologies, misread your post. I thought you were saying animal hunting was "sick and demented."

Again, apologies.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There is very little in this world that shocks me anymore. I thought I had seen it all. But this is disgusting beyond words. I'm not an animal rights nut, but I certainly do not approve of the meaningless slaughter of life. If you don't understand why I'm upset, just imagine your pet cat, dog, or whatever, as the target. Killing animals for food or medical research is one thing; at least we see some long term benefit from that. I don't see any benefit to sticking a bullet through some hapless creature's head, and cannot possibly see how this can be construed to be 'sport' or 'fun'.

I sense a rant coming on, so I'd better stop typing. Here's a little something for Live-Shot.com.
:mad :

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well when it comes to it, whats the difference between that and the places you can go, get a hunting license, and shoot a dear basically fenced into an area that is kept stocked? The meat is packaged and sent to the person so its not a waste.

I would put this above marlin fishing where you kill an extremely old fish that weighs hundredsd of pounds only to throw it on a garbage heap after the contest is over.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sometimes it is so very difficult to overcome our human condition and our baser instincts.

Don't think it should be allowed in quite that way. If you aren't willing to get out there and give the animal a chance, then what good is it?

I would say that people won't ever be on the list, but then I have, in 56 years, seen some real depravity.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't have a big problem with killing for food. But I don't like folks killing something just so they can have a head mounted on the wall. It's a waste.

Troy

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I really dislike the idea of online hunting.

Ever since i've heard about it (on the daily show no less....) the one aspect i dont think i've heard anyone bring up is this - Who or What cleans up the corpses?! are they simply left to rot? ugh!

i have friends and family who hunt, and i know first hand they do go out of their way to use as much of the animal as possible - so by no means am i against hunting (i just choose to get my food at the market). As i understood it though, part of the fun of hunting was actually getting out in the woods and (*gasp*) hunting your prey.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken its a completely professional outfit running it. They keep track of the cameras and who shot what. Then they take care of the deer (I'm sure they use every bit that they can because we're talking about a business here that people are paying money to participate in) and the meat is put on ice and shipped to the person in question. Probably could even have the head mounted if you so desired. I have no problems with hunting, but every hunter I've grown up with has either used the meat for his family or if there was too much donated the rest to the local charities who use it to feed the needy.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hey dont knock it till youve tried.

Seems like you can do just about everything over the computer these days.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've been thinking a lot about this lately. The strangest thing about the legality of this is that I don't believe anyone is required to be liscensed in any way to operate a firearm. Its kind of scarry that you just need a credit card to start blasting away. I have no problem with responsible hunting, by the way, but lets not reduce it to a video game.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Actually OOPS the numbers are more like this.

American Civilian casualties in the 2003 Iraq war: 78
US military deaths in 2003 Iraq war: 1,522
US military wounded in 03 Iraqi war: 17,000+

Iraqi civilian casualties in 03 iraqi war: Min- 17,085 Max- 19,457

There are currently 25,374,691 Iraqis (2004), how could we kill almost half the population in a 14 year period????

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:43 a.m. ET May 4, 2005

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Wildlife regulators in California took the first step Tuesday to bar hunters in the state from using the Internet to shoot animals, responding to a Texas Web site that planned to let users fire at real game with the click of a mouse.

The Fish and Game Commission ordered wildlife officials to prepare emergency regulations to ban the practice. A period of public comment will follow.

A bill passed by the state Senate two weeks ago would prohibit use of computer-assisted hunting sites and ban the import or export of any animal killed using computer-assisted hunting. The measure now moves to the state Assembly.

Click for related content

Should hunting via the Internet be allowed?

At least 14 other states and Congress are considering similar bills.

msnbc.msn.com...

I'm glad to see the days of real-time cybersnipers & armchair assassins in jeopardy. Do they eat the food of their prey? NO. Their triggerhappy bloodlust should be quenched by the myriad of 'simulated' 3-D shooters available already.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

humans are animals if you wanna get real technical

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Oh you can bet on that ...especially all the phsycos hunting for women...:shk:

top topics

join