It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What It’s Like to Go Into Lockdown for the Second Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Latest Tyranny News, & It Is NOT FUNNY AT ALL! IT'S TRAGIC, THE MOST SERIOUS THING WE FACE

This video compiles a lot of covid related reports from around the world. Paints a troubling picture.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
As I've been saying for months, the places which over-flatten the curve will inevitably go through a second wave because they didn't gain enough immunity, and now we have experienced a second wave much greater than the first here in Australia. A lot of people are saying it's because a hotel quarantine was messed up, but it's crystal clear the second wave started to occur when we began lifting the lock-downs and allowing people to get back to work. You can point to a single blunder and say "that's why it happened" but it was ultimately going to spread because people always make mistakes. Many nations have experienced the exact same thing after lifting restrictions, this isn't rocket science, Covid-19 was going to spread again when we starting coming out of isolation because we had no immunity. We cannot just magically expect everything to be resolved because we hid inside our houses for a few months... at this point I'm just sick and tired of pointing out these very obvious facts so I hardly bother anymore, no one wants to hear facts and logic anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
As I've been saying for months, the places which over-flatten the curve will inevitably go through a second wave because they didn't gain enough immunity, and now we have experienced a second wave much greater than the first here in Australia. A lot of people are saying it's because a hotel quarantine was messed up, but it's crystal clear the second wave started to occur when we began lifting the lock-downs and allowing people to get back to work. You can point to a single blunder and say "that's why it happened" but it was ultimately going to spread because people always make mistakes. Many nations have experienced the exact same thing after lifting restrictions, this isn't rocket science, Covid-19 was going to spread again when we starting coming out of isolation because we had no immunity. We cannot just magically expect everything to be resolved because we hid inside our houses for a few months... at this point I'm just sick and tired of pointing out these very obvious facts so I hardly bother anymore, no one wants to hear facts and logic anymore.

Where I live there hasn't even been a first wave.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: musicismagic

I don't think shut downs are that devastating, Christmas is a massive shutdown , and you cant get much done until February when everyone is back at work.

You ignorant fool, Christmas doesn't ruin industries and lay people off in droves and definitely NOT through February, WTF. Exactly how ass backward is NZ where you "can't do anything until February"? You're evidently way behind the rest of the planet for some reason in season functionality if this is the case.

It might not be devastating to you personally, or your little Xena-Hobbit land, but for most folks elsewhere on the planet not isolated on the butt cheek of the world, the shut-downs are closing businesses permanently, leaving people jobless, burning through money in savings accounts. That's a BIG deal, you dolt.
edit on 8/16/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: anonentity

Well, have fun with that. So glad the “latest cluster” there was identified and you know that it came in on freight. I guess you guys might need to close every orifice of your country for the next...well, forever, since y’all won’t ever get herd or any immunity. If you guys keep your borders cinched down tight for the next ten years, when you do open back up and one person brings the virus in, guess what? It’s gonna spread through your society again.

You can’t eradicate it by locking down and masking up.

Exactly.

Every govt action so far is pointless.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

This is indeed a very Brave New World...

Everyone gets their beliefs from the TV and the TV always tells the truth and has expert info to share.

So the only way anyone will listen to you or I is that we need to be on GMA and Ellen.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Latest Tyranny News, & It Is NOT FUNNY AT ALL! IT'S TRAGIC, THE MOST SERIOUS THING WE FACE

This video compiles a lot of covid related reports from around the world. Paints a troubling picture.

I can't help but be happy for everyone.

No one's violently resisting so therefore they agree with and love these tyrannical measures.

I'm glad all the zombies get to be controlled...

But as for me?
Give me Liberty or Give me Death!
This is War.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What immunity? Sincere question...

My understanding is, that there is no immunity to gain. I think i had corona in February, i didn't get checked but all the symptoms matched and i was a train wreck site.

So, i MIGHT have immunity now, for that "strain" of corona but it keeps mutating all the time and is able to smash me down to the ground again?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: dug88
This is biological not political. If everyone followed the rules in the first place it would have all been over and done with by now.

That, actually, is the big lie. It is false. Stop LYING, dammit.

All slowing it down means is, it will pick rioght back up when the extreme measures are loosened.

#F*ckYourNewNormal
#F*ckLockdowns
#F*ckMasks
#GetOverIt

Open everything up, no masks, no social distancing BS, and just get on with life.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: chr0naut

Been looking at numbers oversea's. China had 30 cases a few weeks ago now they at 655 cases etc. So this thing is planning to stick around a while. Problem is its not only person to person contact....

Scientists discovered the virus is detectable for up to three hours in aerosols, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.

Good thing is sunlight can kill it within seconds. So all they need do is take the roofs off supermarkets and we'll be as right as rain.

In China, they went around spraying surfaces with aerosolized disinfectants.

In New Zealand, this recent outbreak has affected a number of schools and universities and, in response, teams have been sent in to 'deep clean' them, as well as simply closing them down for student and teacher access.

I believe that the cold stores and several other premises that are part of the cluster are also being deep cleaned, too.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well, the flattening the curve, is so they can buy time, for a vaccine.

Like you I'm frustrated, way too much opposing info/data.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

If you cant eradicate by locking down and masking up, then we are all screwed. Because this thing is very tricky if it doesn't get you the first time around it will the second, it mutates like the common cold, it has to be contained before it grows exponentially.

It mutates like the common cold, yes! Because it’s a virus. Has the world died off from the common cold? Are we only able to survive the common cold because we shuttered ourselves off and wore masks for two (or is it 4? or 6? y’all keep changing how long you say we need to do the lockdown for it to fix this virus) weeks? Or how about the flu? Also a virus, and it mutates so quickly that our god-like scientists can only guess which strain might go nuts next flu season, when they decide which strain to vaccinate for. How in the HELL has society survived the common cold? The flu? SARS, MERS? Holy SH!T I guess we got lucky because as you know, we haven’t pulled this lockdown surveillance state for any of those viruses and we’re all still here.

Like the flu, this virus doesn’t kill or even sicken everyone. My dad is 76, has it, is recovering just fine like any other virus. My mom either hasn’t caught it from him OR it was so mild to her 76 year-old ass that she didn’t even know she has it.

Sweetheart, it IS OK to question what the news and the “authorities” cram down our throats. Give yourself permission to NOT have to blindly accept all they say as fact.

You can even decide they are correct, and you agree with them 100%. But at least do a little objective weighing of information available to you.

Have you really not had a single moment during this whole “crisis” where your brain tugged on you for a second and said “Is that actually true?” or “How can they be so sure about how deadly this thing is and percentages of people who have had this virus, when they are screaming at us about people who are asymptomatic and therefore don’t even know they’ve got it?” (beware those “Superspreaders!”)! Or “Why HAVEN’T they chastised large groups of ‘protestors’ for being irresponsible but they are encouraging me to call-in and report the family of 11 on that tennis court all at the same time?” We could go on, but hopefully you get the point.

Go ahead and rabidly campaign for drastic society-wide measures, but allow yourself to question it first.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: Blaine91555

You can stop it, because you can not catch a virus in the first place.

Sounds like you are believing the offcial lie narrative , believing there is a virus that will spread .

Sounds like people here are starting to want lockdowns, and hoping govt will save them , for a greater good .

"The best PR happens with the people unaware that they are being manipulated.mob psychology must focus on emotion, not facts"

facts ??? what facts ??

This whole scam has been debunked Months ago and yet many here in ATS still talk like it is not.

What you believe is a virus is actually just a process of cell toxification , and if anyone want to dig more in to whole virology it smells like hoax also, to sell you products...vaccines.

Why You CANNOT and Will NEVER "Catch" Coronavirus

$5K Reward for Proof of Diagnosis: Feeders at the Trough

Your Body is Their Weapon - We're all Patients Now

They've Been Planning This For Years - COVID-1984

The Doors of Perception: Why Americans Will Believe Almost Anything

Op-Ed: Does the 2019 Coronavirus Exist?

A positive test does not make you a Covid-19 case

Positive Tests Are Not Covid "Cases" (Dr. Tim O'Shea)

The New Normal is Complete Isolation and Total Dehumanization - If You Allow It (Banned by YouTube)

I cant see ATS as something that help people to navigate through the net of lies if it cant even see this Covid-1984 plandemic, one of the biggest conspiracys of all time,if not even the biggest.

It is a virus of the mind, and it seems to be highly contagious.

This isn't true. A virus is a chemical. A section of ribonucleic acid (RNA) with some method of entering cells. New virii are created by damage to normal life processes of cell replication.

When we are exposed to a virus and it enters a cell, it hijacks normal cell metabolisim and the processes of our cell chemistry begin to follow the instructions in the viral RNA fragments, just like they do for non-viral RNA fragments which normally build our amino acids. Instead of doing this the viral code produces a copy of the virus from our cell chemistry.

Normally, this hijacking of the cell causes it to die and disrupt, spilling the viral RNA segments out to infect other cells. Our normal processes of coughing, or sneezing, or excreting, or even throwing-up, spreads the virus outside of the body.

When our cells get exposed to the virus, the cycle begins again.

RNA can survive outside of the cell for substantial lengths of time. It is like most other natural things, it can 'go-off' - or break down chemically - for a number of reasons like oxidization. But this takes time.

That is why we catch a virus.

We also have the example of people catching viral illnesses, which points out in real and actual terms, that you can catch a virus.

Suggesting that you can't catch a virus is total BS.

edit on 16/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Like the flu, this virus doesn’t kill or even sicken everyone. My dad is 76, has it, is recovering just fine like any other virus. My mom either hasn’t caught it from him OR it was so mild to her 76 year-old ass that she didn’t even know she has it.

Or, you can die from it, like my employers otherwise quite healthy grandmother, 4 days ago. I'm not saying that to start a fight over this, just stating a fact. Glad you elders are getting through it.

I think there are multiple mutations going around, some people skate through, some not so much, and I'm not sure the %(probably too early to define) of patients who recover but have side effects.

Question everything though

edit on 16-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You'd still get second, and third, and other waves, if you did not flatten the curve.

It is just that far more people would die because medical facilities would be overrun.

In New Zealand, we had almost eliminated the virus but after 102 days there was another outbreak from a preserved source in a cold storage facility.

And we'll deal with that and then it will be gone too.

We'll never put the genie back into the bottle now it is out, but we can manage each outbreak and minimize deaths and disruption, but not if we do nothing. That does nothing. Really!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I don't think shut downs are that devastating, Christmas is a massive shutdown , and you cant get much done until February when everyone is back at work.

You ignorant fool, Christmas doesn't ruin industries and lay people off in droves and definitely NOT through February, WTF. Exactly how ass backward is NZ where you "can't do anything until February"? You're evidently way behind the rest of the planet for some reason in season functionality if this is the case.

It might not be devastating to you personally, or your little Xena-Hobbit land, but for most folks elsewhere on the planet not isolated on the butt cheek of the world, the shut-downs are closing businesses permanently, leaving people jobless, burning through money in savings accounts. That's a BIG deal, you dolt.

I love you. You had me at “You ignorant fool.”

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Hey, do you mean that New Zealand deals with public holidays and similar economic 'quiet times' better than your country?

LOL. Sucks to be in a country that can't take a break because everything will fail. Sounds like you are a work slave in a subsistence economy.

Nearly everywhere in the world is doing these shutdowns and for the most part, getting through them, hard as they are.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Well, the flattening the curve, is so they can buy time, for a vaccine.

Like you I'm frustrated, way too much opposing info/data.

Yes, that’s what was preached at us AT FIRST. But it quickly changed to “ANY TRANSMISSION, ANY RISK OF TRANSMISSION, IS UNACCEPTABLE. NO ONE MUST DO ANYTHING UNTIL WE HAVE ERADICATED THIS VIRUS.”

Right? Because the curve got flattened. In many, MOST places. Isn’t that what the lockdowns were for? Mission accomplished, so why are we getting locked down again?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: anonentity

Well, have fun with that. So glad the “latest cluster” there was identified and you know that it came in on freight. I guess you guys might need to close every orifice of your country for the next...well, forever, since y’all won’t ever get herd or any immunity. If you guys keep your borders cinched down tight for the next ten years, when you do open back up and one person brings the virus in, guess what? It’s gonna spread through your society again.

You can’t eradicate it by locking down and masking up.

Exactly.

Every govt action so far is pointless.

We'll eventually get herd immunity, when 80% of the population have either had the virus or an immunization.

But at the moment, there is no immunization, so we are mainly trying to manage this thing with the tools we have.

Letting it spread like wildfire and overwhelm medical support is not an option for those who, provably, can minimize the spread. Doing nothing and touting some future perfect condition is just stupid.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Or, you can die from it, like my employers otherwise quite healthy grandmother, 4 days ago. I'm not saying that to start a fight over this, just stating a fact. Glad you elders are getting through it.

I think there are multiple mutations going around, some people skate through, some not so much, and I'm not sure the %(probably too early to define) of patients who recover but have side effects.

Question everything though

Yes, a person can die from it. And like the flu, people with weakened systems are more likely to have complications. People die from the flu as well.

I’m not saying that it isn’t a virus that makes people sick and even kills some people. It does, as viruses do.

I’m saying that it does not and has not warranted the extreme measures that were forced upon some of us (because many people have willingly accepted the extreme measures and have become the governments’ ideal little soldiers in their campaigns to remove basic rights and freedoms).

If you don’t want to expose yourself, stay home. Like with the seasonal flu, etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join