It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Shoes to Drop? / Two Supertankers On Verge of Leaking Oil in separate seas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
WTF just what is going on here. Man is that corrupted and no one is doing anything? OK the Lebanon thing and now this. Are these monster size environmental catastrophe pieces on the global chessboard being staged for the final kill?

Notice all of the Billionaires around the world never do anything. All they need to do is charter another freighter and transfer the oil. They could then sell it or sit on it to recover some of the cost.

Here's the 1st

Abandoned tanker could spill 4 times more oil than Exxon Valdez, U.N. official warns

Houthi rebels, who control the area where the ship is moored, have denied U.N. inspectors access to the vessel so they could assess the damage and look for ways to secure the tanker by unloading the oil and pulling the ship to safety. But the rebels recently signaled they would approve a U.N. mission to the ship, according to the U.N. Internal documents obtained by The Associated Press last month show that seawater has entered the engine compartment of the tanker, causing damage to pipes and increasing the risk of sinking. Rust has covered parts of the tanker and the inert gas that prevents the tanks from gathering inflammable gases, has leaked out. Experts say maintenance is no longer possible because the damage to the ship is irreversible, according to an AP report June 26.

Here's the 2nd

Mauritius facing environmental crisis as shipwreck leaks oil

The Indian Ocean island of Mauritius is facing an environmental crisis after oil began leaking from a bulk carrier that ran aground in July and started to break up in rough seas. “We are in an environmental crisis situation,” said the environment minister, Kavy Ramano, while the fishing minister, Sudheer Maudhoo, said: “This is the first time that we are faced with a catastrophe of this kind and we are insufficiently equipped to handle this problem.” The ministers said all attempts to stabilise the ship had failed because of rough seas and efforts to pump out the oil had also failed. Ecologists fear the ship could break up, which would cause an even greater leak and inflict potentially catastrophic damage on the island’s coastline.

Both situations remain fluid and ongoing as of tweets dated 06Aug2020.

Hiba

Hugo
edit on 7-8-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 7-8-2020 by Waterglass because: link error

edit on 7-8-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Nuke em both!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The one of Mauritius has about 3800 ton of bunker oil (fuel), which is like tar at room temperature, and despite booms being deployed has already ravaged lagoons and turtle populations. The smell is closing schools and local fishermen fear their livelihoods will be eradicated. There’s serious questions being raised about the competency of the crew obviously, although this is the third ship to run aground in the area in as many years. The Japanese company responsible is taking over the salvage operation but rough weather is apparently causing havoc.
The other storage vessel has 1.1 million barrels (about 150000 ton) of crude oil onboard to put things into perspective. That’s a big slick right there, in a region that’s already been ravaged by war so a cleanup operation you’d imagine would be a considerable task.
Doom and gloom for sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

What will that solve. More productive to nuke your mummys basement

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hold up, Im upstairs, almost finished...
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

A mummy's basement.
Wow
Cleopatra or Tut ?
And how would nuking a mummy help out in the case presented in this thread ?
A low level nuke , away from populated areas , MAY actually work.
edit on 8/7/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just hit the red buttons all over the world and end this for good please.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Houthi rebels have pirated the ship , Experts say it's a total loss....

Always trust the Experts ...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Nuke em both!

Such a wonderful Christian way to fix this problem.
You do go all preachy about your faith went it suits you, don't ya?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In the first article it mentions another massive oil spill that is currently reeking havoc in Siberia. Just imagine just how much oil is leaking out into the environment right now across the globe....pretty sad

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

You do go all preachy about your faith went it suits you, don't ya?

Oh look who thinks he knows something. What you need to
know is a little more about assumptions. That's right I said it.
Would you put nuking the ships out of the realm of possibility?
I wouldn't and I don't know why you would invoke religion
into the topic. But whatever helps ya relieve gas.

That's cool.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is why I don't care for Trumps concept of de regulating everything, and gutting the EPA..like..don't worry, industry will police itself..NO, IT WONT.

I'm not saying Trump has anything to do with this in particular, just my thoughts on how this happens.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Send in the Marines. When I served I would've been chomping at the bit to F*** some of them guys up. I trained for stuff like that briefly but ended up fighting in Iraq over 6 years. I was part of a boat company this is stuff we would've loved to do kill bad guys save the ocean then come home and drink beer and bang susy rottencrotch

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I was just burn'n the mid night oil!

Oh wait. Maybe............

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This is why I don't care for Trumps concept of de regulating everything, and gutting the EPA..like..don't worry, industry will police itself..NO, IT WONT.

I'm not saying Trump has anything to do with this in particular, just my thoughts on how this happens.

What has EPA regulation EVER done to prevent these catastrophe's?????

ANSWER: Nothing!

Accidents happen. Not all countries practice conscientious objectives in their care of their part of the earth. Some accidents are preventable but not all. EPA is just red tape and a money pit. The real terrorists buy their way out of the damage they purposefully cause.

The EPA, like many government organizations, is just another money grubbing, over reaching, corrupt, business destroyer.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Are you serious - Nuking will get rid of the oil spill?....

I responded to the joke of a post that a nuke could solve the problem of an ecological disaster. Take it up with carsforkids

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Would you put nuking the ships out of the realm of possibility?

Yes

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Nuke em both!

I’m guessing you’ve never seen that video of the beached whale they tried to remove by blowing it up.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gumshoe

I’m guessing you’ve never seen that video of the beached whale they tried to remove by blowing it up.

No I haven't but you do mean a dead whale right?
Are you taking that seriously as well?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Nice try but this thread is parked in The New World Order for a reason. Have you watched Trumps speech at Whirlpool? He said that we will not see him for awhile. This is it. Its on. The end game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join