It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Built Backdoor in Intel Products

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't have a link but someone in the field told me Intel was hacked and the documents released show this "backdoor" was built directly into the hardware for the NSA. I don't know how this goes but god knows how many computers are vulnerable now...Sorry, I don't have more information but this is going to be a big deal.

I guess these documents show how to access the hardware built backdoor. Get ready for next-level malware...etc.

eta: this was discovered today only a few hours ago.
edit on 8/6/2020 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

Spy Agencies can see us through our television, our Amazon Echo, all the modern internet-connected stuff. But most of us are not worth spying on.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard
I don't have a link but someone in the field told me Intel was hacked and the documents released show this "backdoor" was built directly into the hardware for the NSA. I don't know how this goes but god knows how many computers are vulnerable now...Sorry, I don't have more information but this is going to be a big deal.

I guess these documents show how to access the hardware built backdoor. Get ready for next-level malware...etc.

I was told that when I was ten it was Microsoft, I'm 73 at the moment.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Good conversation on it here

news.ycombinator.com...

twitter post about the leak

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here i ssome info:

appleinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Good thing I only build/use AMD

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Intel
AMD
Nvidia
Microsoft
Red Hat
Suse

All...

Since the 80s.
They have to sign the agreement first.
So , this news is basically 40 years old.

edit on 8/6/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Microsoft didn't exist 63 years ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Get away!

edit on 6-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Actually need a link for citation.
Over the period of a year and a half , there have been many hardware exploits located.
Most by Google's "White Hat Team"

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Good thing I only build/use AMD

Be glad , as AMD has already patched the latest CPU firmware for the latest flaws.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Get away!

Bullsh!t followed by sarcasm...

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Been going on since Promis software became embedded in Petrie chips long ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Maybe you are unaware that every keystroke is recorded and has been for over 20 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Linux/Unix based systems have truly separated user and system address space.
I would say that these systems are not vulnerable.
Windows on the other hand.... good luck.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
During development there is a debug mode built into chips to allow for testing (thats the offcial line) which requires setting a lot of values of registers etc to stupid values to get it to pop but they are not removed as in theory the removal of the debug mode would possibly affect the silicon.

Pretty much since the dawn of computing anytime something is created theres a visit from the spooks to have a look at whats been created and to make a few recommendations for small tweaks.

The only way around it would be to build your own systems literally from scratch but you'd return to the days of valves and discrete transistors where a modern instruction set would probably take up a football field of space and run at about 0.1% the speed and cost you a small fortune per hour for the electricity.

It should be said that the spooks don't prefer nice and simple backdoors as they're too simple to spot but the more subtle mathematical sort like eliptical random number generation where you reduce the workload from spending decades down to minutes if you know what you are doing.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
New MIcrosoft User Agreement Targets Copyright & "Extremist Content"

No longer will censorship be restricted to the web, it is coming for your local PC. Who is going to moderate this and define the terms from their perspective?

I don't know much about Apple, but with a lot of their manufacturing moving to China it is hard not to consider the CCP has a back door with their authoritarian stance.

Personally I have been sticking with linux, it is not the latest or greatest but does the job without all the bloat ware.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Intel wasn't hacked, they were ordered.
The NSA said jump, they jumped.

If you're surprised by this you've missed the bus.

Your tv is spying on you.
Your cell phone is tracking you in more ways than you know.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Did a thread on it last year, I was able to find some data on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Don't need hardware backdoors in this day of age, they would simply be closed or circumvented.

Systems are vulnerable because of exploits that are unknown/undiscovered as of yet.

It's more like the malware/virus come through a back window(port) you forgot to close or did not even know was ajar.

End of the day my understanding is our respective governments own/have access the infrastructure of the network, so they can man-in-the-middle attack all the public keys that get exchanged.
edit on 7-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join