It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defiant atilis gym owner gets arrested

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

That gofundme will most likely only pay for massive lease payments with absolutely no income.

I’m friends with MANY small biz owners in my town, who have leases. Landlords are not giving any concessions or deferments.

Honestly, with 30 million unemployed — who has any damn money to fund anyone????

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is supposed to be a free country, i believe if company's follow the guidelines that closing would be unnessary, but the Governors have to excersise their power, business owners are losing their livelihoods, but instead of trying to work together to make things better all around the government creates an impossible situation for small business's and such, but what do i know! to me it's all got out of hand thanks to the idiot governors and the like,

Arresting people for insane laws (IMO) is irresponsible and creates bad will and keeps the division in this messed up year alive and well! the world has gone stupid
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He is a Golman/Sachs Little Bee Otch . He does what he is Told to do . A Good Little Marxist who should be Rotting in a Prison Cell Right Now . Oh , and God Bless my 94 Year Old Aunt who Passed Away in a New Jersey Nursing Home in Northfield N.J. on June 22nd Thanks to that Rat Bastid .....

edit on 27-7-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sorry to hear about your aunt. One of my aunts died in April in Kentucky. Tests said she did not have it, but that was when they were less than 50% accurate. All the symptoms, on vent for weeks. No one will convince me that it was not the 19.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
oops
edit on 27-7-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

Arresting people for insane laws (IMO) is irresponsible and creates bad will and keeps the division in this messed up year alive and well! the world has gone stupid

what happened to letting bussinesses and people decide. if enough people decide it s safe for them to go to an establishment you have to let them take that risk. To me its again goes back to treating people like kids. We are going to tell you what is safe. when it should be I the individual can deem what is safe for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: TimHeller

what happened to letting bussinesses and people decide. if enough people decide it s safe for them to go to an establishment you have to let them take that risk. To me its again goes back to treating people like kids. We are going to tell you what is safe. when it should be I the individual can deem what is safe for me.

You want to know why? Because most people are selfish, moronic brats that only care about themselves and what they can get at the moment. All about me, me, me, me. Act like a child, get treated like a child. Can't make a wise choice, remove the choice.

No thought about Nana Judy, with asthma, or Uncle Ralph who is diabetic, or Aunt Jane with a heart condition who is just recovering from cancer.

As long as they get their instant gratification "fix" doing what they want, screw everyone else. Sometimes you have to look beyond yourself, and think of others around you that could be affected.

The attitude of "well it won't affect me" is sickening. Sure, you may be fine, but you could be a petri dish that spreads it to others that could ultimately die from it.

This is only temporary till things pass. It may take a while until it passes, but it will pass. We have an obligation to do what we can to protect others. No matter how old and feeble. They have a right to continue living, like the rest of us, like the unborn. Someday, we all will be older and have medical issues. That does not give others the right to possibly make us ill and die, just for some instant gratification.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

This is only temporary till things pass. It may take a while until it passes, but it will pass. We have an obligation to do what we can to protect others. No matter how old and feeble. They have a right to continue living, like the rest of us, like the unborn. Someday, we all will be older and have medical issues. That does not give others the right to possibly make us ill and die, just for some instant gratification.

I sympathize with your premise about people and their need for instant gratification, but I take issue with "This is only temporary till things pass."

Will it ever pass? I'm not talking about the virus, I'm talking about the "safety measures" that have been put in place to combat it. There will always be something that TPTB can use to take from the people. Sometimes it is money in the form of taxes and fees or mandatory purchase of services (ACA anyone?). Sometimes it is freedoms in the form of stay at home orders or self quarantine.

Once they have their taste of power, the knowledge that they can control you, do you ever expect that to be given up willingly?
edit on 29-7-2020 by BomSquad because: moved quote markers

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

I sympathize with your premise about people and their need for instant gratification, but I take issue with "This is only temporary till things pass."

Will it ever pass? I'm not talking about the virus, I'm talking about the "safety measures" that have been put in place to combat it. There will always be something that TPTB can use to take from the people. Sometimes it is money in the form of taxes and fees or mandatory purchase of services (ACA anyone?). Sometimes it is freedoms in the form of stay at home orders or self quarantine.

Once they have their taste of power, the knowledge that they can control you, do you ever expect that to be given up willingly?

That is always a concern. There are many instances of this very thing happening. ACA being one of them. Patriot Act being another.

This seems different to me. Here in New York State, things are almost back to normal with some exceptions such as gyms and large gatherings. School districts are deciding for themselves the best way to re-open based on NYS and CDC guidelines. Restaurants and bars are now back open, with some precautions and separation. Churches are back, with some precautions. Stores are all open, just masks required.

Opening was slow, intentionally. After the initial wave, the slow opening allowed NYS to drop it's rate, and stay there. Unlike other states that are just now feeling the full effects of "stay at home/lockdown", we are pretty much open.

Will it get back to normal? I think it will. It may be another year or two to ease the final restrictions, but we are 80% there now.

We all know governments like to power grab. From what I have seen, this is not one of them. Here, we are well on our way back to normalcy. I think it is temporary though as I fully expect a second wave here in the fall/winter, with another round of "stay at home" and closures, and then another slow opening.

Personally, I just don't see this as a permanent thing. Long term, a couple of years, maybe, but not permanent.
edit on 29-7-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Here in New York State, things are almost back to normal with some exceptions such as gyms...

Sucks to be them though, right? My buddy has a gym in New York State, or rather had a gym, he's bankrupt now. Guess he should have picked a career that was 'essential' and not been an entrepreneur.

If someone wants to go to a gym they should be able to go. If you don't like it don't go near those people.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Here in New York State, things are almost back to normal with some exceptions such as gyms...

Sucks to be them though, right? My buddy has a gym in New York State, or rather had a gym, he's bankrupt now. Guess he should have picked a career that was 'essential' and not been an entrepreneur.

If someone wants to go to a gym they should be able to go. If you don't like it don't go near those people.

It does suck. It has sucked for all of us. I am sorry to hear that he has gone under. My business is on the brink itself, I am not sure if it will come back to full strength or not.

I do think that gyms are one of those places that should not be open yet. They are a cesspool for germs, even in the best of times.

And as far as not going near people that have gone to a gym. How is anyone supposed to know who has gone, and who has not? The whole point is to prevent people from getting it, and spreading it to others. Someone goes to the gym, spreads it, and then they in turn can spread it to family, friends, and even strangers at a store or something.

IMHO gyms are one of the worst places one could go right now. Hair and nail salons are near the top of my list too.

If gyms were open, and a person goes, he/she should have the self responsibility to stay away from family, friends, and gatherings as much as possible. If people could do that, great! Open them up! Unfortunately most do not have that sense of responsibility to try and protect others, it goes back to the selfish me, me, me, childish attitude.

I think probably the biggest spreader is the riots, but you will never hear that from the MSM. Apparently 19 can't be spread while burning down buildings, and spitting on police.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I do think that gyms are one of those places that should not be open yet. They are a cesspool for germs, even in the best of times.

So? Why does everyone else need to adhere to your fear-based policies?

Hair and nail salons are near the top of my list too.

Sure. Let's crush those industries too since people are scared.

You don't want to get sick ever? Stay inside.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

So? Why does everyone else need to adhere to your fear-based policies?

Hair and nail salons are near the top of my list too.

Sure. Let's crush those industries too since people are scared.

You don't want to get sick ever? Stay inside.

So you should have no responsibility to help prevent others from becoming sick or possible death? Exactly the self serving attitude I was describing.

If a person goes to a bar, gets drunk, then drives away to hit and kill a person, he is charged with manslaughter. Should the innocent person that was out have stayed home? How were they to know? The responsible party was the drunk.

How much different is it that someone knowingly goes to a location that has a high chance of contracting this disease, catches it, goes on to spread it to a person who ends up dying from it?

Not much difference in my book. Both are self serving and irresponsible.

Lack of personal responsibility has put us in this situation, and it is what will cause it to last longer.

If people used common sense and were responsible for their own actions, mandatory mitigation would not be needed. As I said, it will not happen because of the self serving attitude present in most people today.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So you should have no responsibility to help prevent others from becoming sick or possible death? Exactly the self serving attitude I was describing.

My 'responsibility' is to follow whatever guidelines the businesses I choose to patronize requires. If you don't like it you can stay inside your veal box where it's nice and safe.

If a person goes to a bar, gets drunk, then drives away to hit and kill a person, he is charged with manslaughter. Should the innocent person that was out have stayed home?

If I have the measles, go out and someone gets it and dies am I legally responsible? That's rhetorical by the way.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

My 'responsibility' is to follow whatever guidelines the businesses I choose to patronize requires. If you don't like it you can stay inside your veal box where it's nice and safe.

If a person goes to a bar, gets drunk, then drives away to hit and kill a person, he is charged with manslaughter. Should the innocent person that was out have stayed home?

If I have the measles, go out and someone gets it and dies am I legally responsible? That's rhetorical by the way.

The lack of humanity and concern for others is staggering. That is why I pretty much left the forums for a couple of months.

The world is in a sad state when all people can do is think about themselves, and not try to protect others.

I'm out, as there seems to be no reasoning with self serving people.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I saw this guy’s video a month or so ago when he was going back and forth with the police, who were writing down license plate numbers of his customer’s vehicles.

I fully admit that I’ve been critical of people going against the grain with this covid stuff and I take no shame in apologizing for running my mouth about it here. This kind of BS is a 100% prime example of how ineffective and hypocritical our government is.

I remember thinking as a kid that adults were so smart. I remember thinking as a teenager “I’m told these people are supposed to be smarter, but I’m not seeing much of that.”. I now know as a 37 year old adult that the majority of people are dim on the best of days and completely dangerous on the worst of days.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The lack of humanity and concern for others is staggering.

It isn't my job to worry about you, it's your job to worry about you. If you are fearful of getting a virus stay inside.

People like you are the problem, not people like me. People like you want the government to intervene into our personal lives and our financial livelihood just so you can get a false sense of safety when you leave your veal box.

At this point if I got the 'Vid again I'd most likely lick you on the face and solve both our problems.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Our scumbag governor is picking and choosing who to crush. He needs to be sued and sued repeatedly until he gets the message he answers to us and not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

The lack of humanity and concern for others is staggering. That is why I pretty much left the forums for a couple of months.

It's a difference of opinion - period.

If you don't like it when someone thinks differently than you and is prepared to defend that position, I humbly submit that it is perfectly fine to feel that way - but it doesn't make you right. And you are *definitely* in the wrong place re: ATS.

All I can say is good luck with that. Oh, and hahahahaha.

Carry on.

edit on 7/29/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
Oh, and hahahahaha.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join