It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Play Ball! Opening Day of U.S. Major League Baseball!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

The funniest thing I heard as the game got delayed " what would you expect in 2020 for the first MLB game of the season to be in rain delay. if that doesnt illustrate the year that is 2002.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I understand your issue with this but unfortunately sports leagues are now participating in politics so it’s hard not to talk about it.
a reply to: Bluntone22

You can still do you're part though right and just enjoy the sport and if you dont like the sport you can just ignore it.

so you actually dont have to politicize it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It is rather difficult to ignore the BLM patches on the uniforms and stencils on the pitchers mound in high def.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll have it on in there background though the announcers already are irritating enough as it were. Now they mostly are political puppets. Football is gonna be the tough one love the Falcons and the NFL and college football too, both of those are going to suck without fans, hell some Saturdays when the weather sucks I'd watch games the whole day now we will just have to see.
edit on 23-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I love to play baseball but watching it is boring. It's like all TV, just a place to hang ads.

The irony is, I love working on crews shooting ads, but even the clever ones get boring after you've seen them 50 times.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Grown men playing a boy's game, getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to perform, under contract, to empty stands.
If you still believe the complete propaganda bull excrement virus theory of this Covid-19 nonsense, I say, drink up! That way, you have valid reason to act stupid.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i saw the opening pitch by Dr. Fauci...Some how i knew it would go something like this.

In my opinion this is more evidence of the the gay mafia running the world. And i don't mean that as a put down at all, I'm dead serious.

nypost.com...

edit on 23-7-2020 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2020 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This has gone totally off the rails. Maybe the mods will just delete the entire thread. I wish I hadn’t posted it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Really....this is the SPORTS forum.....
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Members must Stay on Topic!!!

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
yes they are piping in crowd noises and there are life size cardboard fans in the stands the fans pay for this and their picture is used for it! not quite the same but love my baseball!

originally posted by: Zrtst
I love the noise of a baseball game on tv being played in the background while a peruse a magazine or work on a puzzle. This will be strange without the crowd noise, unless they pipe it in virtually, like the old laugh Track.
I saw a pregame with people cut-outs placed in the seats behind home plate for the sake of tv...too 😂

edit on 23-7-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

The Yankees won. That's all that matters. Yankees wins matter.

YWM.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So does anyone want to post about baseball without adding politics into it? Anyone? Bueller?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Marlins players test positive

well I guess it shouldnt be surprising with how many cases there are in florida

But the big question is will MLB cancel the season.

its weird that they are traveling, especially since there is no point since fans are not in attendence.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
its weird that they are traveling, especially since there is no point since fans are not in attendence.

I'm sure the players would still like to be home every other week.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah I guess thats a good point. I hope they dont shut down

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Well the disease riddled Marlins just got a couple games cancelled today including the Yankees/Philthies game.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... is this the game that trump was going to throw out the first pitch? anyway it is cancelled 12 players 2 coaches got the covid 19

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on 27-7-2020 by research100 because: changed 14 to 12 and 2

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Not that I'm aware of.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
72 hours into the season and one team has already had half their roster test positive, and it can be assumed running around the field yesterday touching things with their grubby little Pox hands.

Suffice it to say, I have doubts about MLB making it to mid-August at this point... the NFL will be shortly behind them. The NBA had a chance with their bubble idea, but they can't seem to keep players in the bubble and out of strip clubs just a couple of days out from the season restart. Maybe if they opened a bar/whorehouse/THOTel in the bubble, they'd have better odds of keeping their players from leaving the bubble to be playas.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
So does anyone want to post about baseball without adding politics into it? Anyone? Bueller?

I will. imo... Spectator sports and MLB in particular are going to be indicator of just how serious or unserious this covid19 is going to become. If spectating in general, or physical team play is going to be a pathway to the ER, then I wouldn't expect Sports as an Industry to continue for some time to come... Sorry!!!

It saddens me because I often used to work for ESPN as crew on the camera ops for everything from bowl games to monstertrucks. Thank the good Lord for Netflix and NBCadvantage... even though film and TV production has been drastically curtailed we will still crank out the content, just a little bit slower.

edit on 27-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join