It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Play Ball! Opening Day of U.S. Major League Baseball!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
72 hours into the season and one team has already had half their roster test positive, and it can be assumed running around the field yesterday touching things with their grubby little Pox hands.

Suffice it to say, I have doubts about MLB making it to mid-August at this point... the NFL will be shortly behind them. The NBA had a chance with their bubble idea, but they can't seem to keep players in the bubble and out of strip clubs just a couple of days out from the season restart. Maybe if they opened a bar/whorehouse/THOTel in the bubble, they'd have better odds of keeping their players from leaving the bubble to be playas.

Yeah, it’s just terrible. I agree. I think they may have to cancel the whole thing by August. I also agree with you on the NBA. Good grief, they seem to just be asking for it! Stupidity and being horny create a very bad combination.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ChiefD
So does anyone want to post about baseball without adding politics into it? Anyone? Bueller?

I will. imo... Spectator sports and MLB in particular are going to be indicator of just how serious or unserious this covid19 is going to become. If spectating in general, or physical team play is going to be a pathway to the ER, then I wouldn't expect Sports as an Industry to continue for some time to come... Sorry!!!

It saddens me because I often used to work for ESPN as crew on the camera ops for everything from bowl games to monstertrucks. Thank the good Lord for Netflix and NBCadvantage... even though film and TV production has been drastically curtailed we will still crank out the content, just a little bit slower.

I have to say I agree. It makes me sad too. I had high hopes that sports coming back without fans in the stands and other basic precautions would keep everyone safe to a point. But now it looks like it’s falling apart in epic fashion. That must have been pretty cool working for ESPN. I bet you have a lot of good stories.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So does anyone want to post about baseball without adding politics into it? Anyone? Bueller?

I will. imo... Spectator sports and MLB in particular are going to be indicator of just how serious or unserious this covid19 is going to become. If spectating in general, or physical team play is going to be a pathway to the ER, then I wouldn't expect Sports as an Industry to continue for some time to come... Sorry!!!

It saddens me because I often used to work for ESPN as crew on the camera ops for everything from bowl games to monstertrucks. Thank the good Lord for Netflix and NBCadvantage... even though film and TV production has been drastically curtailed we will still crank out the content, just a little bit slower.

I have to say I agree. It makes me sad too. I had high hopes that sports coming back without fans in the stands and other basic precautions would keep everyone safe to a point. But now it looks like it’s falling apart in epic fashion. That must have been pretty cool working for ESPN. I bet you have a lot of good stories.

You're not even talking about baseball anymore. You're talking about Covid. And you're the one who complained in the first place.

<< 1  2   >>

join