It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Manmade River. The fate of the world's largest water project in Libya.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: RussianTroll

Thank.

You should thank Alexander Nikishin.

It appears he wrote this article that you copied from word for word without citing.

Well, you have declassified me

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Me getting a drink of water that day was about the moral fabric of our nation.

That ppl robotically recite the same exact words heartlessly over a cup of water.

This is a really good example I've stumbled upon that brings out everyone's assumptions and fears yet I just wanted to feel like humanity was decent enough to hand me a drink.

I honestly believed no one would actually put up vehement challenges to the request to save my life for 1 cent.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
a reply to: muzzleflash

Problem is you start with a cup of water then you want food then you want shelter then a free phone then free clothes .... it just escalates.

You want people to pay for the CLEAN water and supply it to you for free.

Get over yourself and go live on a desert island.

Once you work hard to provide everything you need to live don't forget to share it and give it away for free to anyone that happens to come along and demand it..

I always ask nicely because I'm a friendly person.

But after how rotten I saw ppl are to a very meager request - I realized a sudden deep shocking truth I had been trying to deny for so long.

That you don't deserve anything either no matter what you did for it, because it's only by Grace you got anything at all your efforts are illusions. You don't own anything it was pure luck you happened to live in a world of plenty all around.

So you guys can justify your trillions of wasted gallons as legitimate and devise any assumptions necessary to actually put dehydration on others and say they deserved being denied a meager cup...

There will definitely be a HUGE wake up call to society very soon.

People are so far out of touch with sensibility and reality.

We have all these political extremists that are indoctrinated with elaborate belief systems that lead to actually having a system of killing random unfortunate ppl that are dehydrating then somehow saying this is good and ought to be this way...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I haven't got time at present to read all of your OP and the thread but I do know that this was one of the greatest modern day engineering projects and what happened in Libya was criminal.

S&F for a read later on.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a reply to: LABTECH767

like your fiction books do you? You want something you get off your arse and work for it. You want to live off grid in the woods go for it. However want something that someone else has had to put labour into you pay for it. Give respect.

Before you preach you better have absolutely nothing of value and be giving everything you don't need to survive away each and everyday.

But you're on the internet so someone went hungry while you preached and wasted resources. Shame on you.

You're not even thinking of what might be.

What if I was an AF vet for 12 yrs, had a family that was killed in a car wreck 5 yrs ago and an evil cousin stole the rest of my assets and now I got lost in this big hot city and just need a cup of water?

What if I was a pregnant mother? A 15yr old?

Hey what if I was the biggest prick ever that didn't deserve a thing?

It's still the right thing to show kindness and offer water to even your enemy ...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
GReat upload and a well deserved flag and star.. Like many other ATSérs I was not aware of this project. What I did know was that Gaddafi was cruel for those against him or breaking the law.....and that he tried to take care of his people. Taking care in such a way that some heads of state became nervous things were going too well in that part of Africa. But then again. you can't beat the spreading of democracy and the fruit it will bring for those enjoying it.

edit on 24/7/2020 by zatara because: Misspelled Gaddafi

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We don't know anything about Libya, only native Libyans know and those that stay and those that leave have 2 different ideas.

Quacky Daffy was trying to build a continent sized arab super power and paid for it with his life. Its as much the other leaders fault as NATO.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

If I think back I believe you are correct, he was trying to form a coalition of Arab speaking nation's and that mean's making his position stronger, you are also correct about the people on the ground being the one's it matters too most, they have to live with the consequences of our actions as well as having had to live under his regime.

He was a dictator but not the worst in history by a long shot and has been replaced by a fragmented country that has many far worse men vying for power in it today possibly even leading to Libya in the long run becoming two or more tribal nation states in time.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

the point your missing is that YOU'RE expecting to be given it. It maybe better to give than receive, but you should go with the expectation that YOU have to be responsible for your behaviour, your life. and your needs are for you to manage.

What if the cup of water you received has a virus on? Is the person who supplied you the life saving water now responsible for your health?

Will you be glad of the water or mad at the viral spread? Are you going to sue?

What did you give?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What an unreal undertaking, and gift to mankind. a reply to: RussianTroll

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Gadaffi's son who ran the countries Oil sector threatened to raise the royalties foreign companies had to pay for their oil, Not long later Gadaffi became "the world's worst dictator" and had to go. When he started killing the foreign mercenaries sent to Libya to overthrow and kill him. The West was telling their people that Gadaffi was killing his own people.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

the point your missing is that YOU'RE expecting to be given it. It maybe better to give than receive, but you should go with the expectation that YOU have to be responsible for your behaviour, your life. and your needs are for you to manage.

What if the cup of water you received has a virus on? Is the person who supplied you the life saving water now responsible for your health?

Will you be glad of the water or mad at the viral spread? Are you going to sue?

What did you give?

Let's see...

Should I die of thirst today or risk getting a virus by drinking water?

What a tough choice...

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: circuitsports

If I think back I believe you are correct, he was trying to form a coalition of Arab speaking nation's and that mean's making his position stronger, you are also correct about the people on the ground being the one's it matters too most, they have to live with the consequences of our actions as well as having had to live under his regime.

He was a dictator but not the worst in history by a long shot and has been replaced by a fragmented country that has many far worse men vying for power in it today possibly even leading to Libya in the long run becoming two or more tribal nation states in time.

Not so much an Arab coalition but rather an African one. He was a very active member of the ANC and was working toward a united Africa with a common currency, a gold backed Dinar.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

I could not remember that far back with clarity since our only real source of info back then was the BBC and I was busy doing other thing's with my - younger - life at that time but yes you are absolutely correct.
Would it really have been a dangerous thing to let him, could it have lifted people out of poverty and made lives better in Africa if he had?.

Of course it could have ended up being a huge block that was not friendly to the west which is another point but I think that as we have moved through the 20th century into the 21st and especially after the cold war that perhaps playing regional politics is something the west should have withdrawn itself from especially in hindsight seeing how much human tragedy that interference has caused, how many people these petty wars often funded by some player or other has caused to lose there homes and flee in an ongoing human wave of displaced people, ruined lives and in fact this migration has now become more dangerous since it has morphed into a way of life were instead of fixing there own nations the talented, the go getters are instead heading for the west were they believe a mythical utopia awaits them.

This is something that is leaving there nations in even worse situations as they lose there best and most energetic, there youth and also harming the west which is buckling under the strain of migrant's to the point were the most evil, the ultra right wing neo Nazi's are growing every stronger due to public backlash and people forgetting the errors of the past.

Now humanity has to mix, some migration is not only good but essential but the sheer amount of people is rewriting cultures like nothing since the last ice age, the end of the bronze age and the fall of Rome that is how cataclysmic to society the mass influx has the potential to be, it is a human wave that can change the face of the earth forever, who knows though perhaps it is the Lord's will and if so then so be it, perhaps we have had our time and we are all soul's under the skin anyway - all human being's and every life is of infinite worth, I fear the resurgent neo Nazism more than the affects of global migration anyway, in fact sometimes - if handled correctly - migration can be fantastic after all it created the US and while migration was happening it was a vibrant new nation expanding but there are very flew places were such expansion could happen today, it was not so hot for the native peoples of the US however for whom it was the most cataclysmic period in history, one potential place that could support huge migration is Russia but they are having non of it, yet if they handled it and accepted it they could become a far more populous, powerful and economically successful nation giving land in undeveloped Siberia and eastern Russia to these migrant's, new gold field's, diamond field's, mining, industry and city's would be the outcome, in fact it may be necessary for them to populate there east or if they don't should china start to expand it's population again then they most certainly will even if Russia say's no.

But then again a pie is made from it's ingredient's, most US citizen's were from Europe, working class people that came from civilization and poverty and had aspirations, many of these migrant's are just looking for hand out's - oh not all some are definitely people that would work, pull there gut's out and contribute to society and they are pure gold dust in the right circumstances, So in Russia's defence this is not the same thing, it is not people setting out to build a new nation it is people coming to live in already existing nation's, not from more developed to less developed but from less developed to more developed regions of the world so in Russia's defence they may see it for what it may turn out to be a catastrophe which may alter irrevocably the nature of western civilization.

All the while someone, somewhere is getting filthy rich from all the chaos and suffering like some worthless parasite sucking the life blood of humanity away.

Sometimes' I sound heartless, every one of these PEOPLE and they are people just like us has a life, they are mostly suffering and fleeing that suffering and would we do anything differently to them in there shoes?.

I believe that the west has forgotten it's burden, to help the other nations of the world to develop up to a level were they could care about and look after there own people without us ruling them as we did during the short lived colonial period (Actually for most of them the best government they had ever had, education, medicine, road's, infrastructure and there populations bloomed though not in the case of the Belgians in the Congo the worse thing that had ever happened to them.).

Once the European powers pulled out after WW2 two thing's happened, the Marxist and capitalists waged proxy wars in many of the former colonial region's as the world's new dominant puppeteers played there string's i.e. the US and the Soviet Union, tribalism also caused many nations to collapse once they gained there independence, corruption was rife, infrastructure mostly broke down and law and order became a thing of the past as dictators became the norm.

There were few success story's, India (despite the tragedy of partition), Kenya and a few other's were the exception.

edit on 26-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join