It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Manmade River. The fate of the world's largest water project in Libya.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Your story is amazing. This is impossible in Russia, I cannot imagine such a thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

austin texas, hunh? well i know for a fact that anyone can go into the restrooms at any lowes, walmarts, homedepot, or any other countless numbers of stores and use the restrooms to take a dump, leak and why yes drink cold water from a fountain and fill your water bottle for free.

i know this cause i have done in at least 5 states while working in them. not only that there are homeless shelters that will give you water and food for free.

not buying your horse sh@@.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

austin texas, hunh? well i know for a fact that anyone can go into the restrooms at any lowes, walmarts, homedepot, or any other countless numbers of stores and use the restrooms to take a dump, leak and why yes drink cold water from a fountain and fill your water bottle for free.

i know this cause i have done in at least 5 states while working in them. not only that there are homeless shelters that will give you water and food for free.

not buying your horse sh@@.

Dude I was on foot lost with no phone and it was miles to the nearest open store.

This was in April when Covid closed everything and in Austin at that moment even restrooms were all closed in gas stations and HEB and the grocers were only open till like 7pm so to crap you needed to be on a day schedule.

Don't give me excuses tho I can show on a map where I was and it was literally miles from public facilities.

I was lost and it was 105 F wtf it's a cup of water dude?

You even arguing proves you're selfish and want the water all for yourself.

This is why future wars will be fought over just water. Many already have been.

Can't you learn from History that certain resources must be shared?

Name one reason why sharing water harms the world economy or anyone's rights or privileges and we can negotiate...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Your story is amazing. This is impossible in Russia, I cannot imagine such a thing.

I was born on Earth too.

Yet they wanna cut me out on a cup of water to live? I'm not even technically allowed to be anywhere either it's mostly all private property.

If you don't like it join the meth and booze club at the local shelter for protecting and promoting criminality lol.

At every step it's made worse by design...

By a rule of thumb anything they think say suggest or do is almost certainly assbackwards bs.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Russia is a more social state. During the Covida pandemic, hospital treatment, all procedures, all tests and now vaccinations are free. As for water, you can knock on any house or apartment, give you something to drink and feed. This is in the mentality.
A neighbor, an old woman, came to me today. Her machine for preserving fruit in glass jars for the winter broke down (Russians have such a tradition). I fixed the car and she wanted to give me money. I certainly didn't. We are all human.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

This land is your land
This my land my land

??????????

I know wtf Im talking about and I'm going to change this. I'll make a difference.

America isn't about making profits at all costs. That's a major reason we ceded from Britain.

America is about Friendship and Compassion. It's about lifting your brothers and sisters up and giving them Hope that our system of Freedom can work and we don't need Tyrants anymore.

The consumer economic system however, in its ravenous no holds barred unregulated atmosphere, and in its lust for profit and power - actually promoted lies to sell products which then the public believed as Truth.

So therefore everything lost all value except straight $$$$$$$$$....

We are talking pennies > life.
They are very principled about it.

Yet have no actual valid principles in any area of their hypocritical life of denial and consumer ecstasy. Why would they care? It's all about them.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Russia is a more social state. During the Covida pandemic, hospital treatment, all procedures, all tests and now vaccinations are free. As for water, you can knock on any house or apartment, give you something to drink and feed. This is in the mentality.
A neighbor, an old woman, came to me today. Her machine for preserving fruit in glass jars for the winter broke down (Russians have such a tradition). I fixed the car and she wanted to give me money. I certainly didn't. We are all human.

I wasn't anywhere near houses. That'd be even more scary ppl are armed and don't want anyone walking up to their houses. I was lost in a large office building complex area that covered a vast area. At least an hour or two walk in direct sunlight to anywhere with running water and open doors. The hotels worked but I had to be forceful and demanding about it. I was respectful but assertive.

America has become the land of Fear and home of the Selfish Coward who lives a complete lie based on TV propaganda and social norms dictated via corporate policy from the top.

I consider Russia or any other nation a sad reflection of this.

You can't fool me.
Free vaccinations?

That's primitive as # and dangerous. Honeys way more effective against all pathogens and safer and cheaper.

See even in Russia the corporate / govt structure has y'all brainwashed with the same garbage.

You pay too much tax, you have too many policies, everything's a #ing lie, well buddy Russia sounds a hell of a lot like America.

Sure both places are a lil different.
There are weaknesses and strengths to any place you go. No place is all 1 thing.

It's a small world and the UN proved it has power cuz it seems nearly every city on Earth played into the Covid failed policies perfectly so every central bank could print money freely to hide the fact all our money disappears and deflates constantly so massive inflationary spending HAS to happen or the house of cards will collapse.

The WB runs your and my central bank that issues our currency. They are using Covid to cover up that fact for some reason and as pretext to dump tons of $ on the economy to hide the black hole (corporations) that instantly gobble all the cash and disappear it outta the system slowly over time as their profit margins and savings accounts grow.

This doesn't have to be a huge flaw in fractional reserve banking but with mismanagement it becomes a big one.

They should be honest and educate people why with capitalism and saving/investing most assets disappear in limbo for long periods and cannot circulate.

This itself justified the need to print more debt notes.

We will actually need to print 10+ trillion to deface the dollar enough to handle it's insane deflationary behavior. Within a few years...

By 2030 we'll need double that.
And 2040? It becomes exponential if you can't get it balanced properly.

Money can disappear the instant you print it and there's no telling if or when it'll reappear in circulation.

Due to economic forces, vast amounts maybe 90%+ of all printed money disappears within 3 to 4 transactions.

In order for all the rich elite to continue pretending to be divine gods amongst us slaves - they will need to print endless $$$ to keep this gravy train running.

I bet it's like that in any region of our globalist NWO.
I don't even believe Iran or NK are rogue nations.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Dude I was on foot lost with no phone and it was miles to the nearest open store.

blah, blah,blah,
as big as austin texas is your trying to tell me that you were not within walking distance of any kind of department store, convince store, government building, homeless shelter no nothing, even during the covid shutdown everybody was shutdown? i find that very hard to believe, hundreds if not thousands of homeless people are still out on the streets of austin now ( as i imagine then) and they are surviving during the second outbreak wave and it just as hot as it was then maybe even hotter.
so if you were on foot, and homeless, where did you stay during your time in austin?
were there other homeless there?
did you ask them where they got their water from?

I was lost and it was 105 F wtf it's a cup of water dude?

it could have been someones job for breaking company policy. some might risk it others won't. i can't hold that against them if they don't want to lose a job that supports their family or living paycheck to paycheck.

You even arguing proves you're selfish and want the water all for yourself.

no i just know bs sh@@ when i hear it. there are ways to get your needs met when homeless. might not be exactly like you want, but it can be done cause i've had to do it, and i live in the panhandle in northwest fl where heat index reach as high as 115 or higher.

This is why future wars will be fought over just water. Many already have been.

that is what some say, that remains to be seen. it is true that some wars have been fought over water,but those they have been in areas that are mostly desert, and were drought stricken.

Can't you learn from History that certain resources must be shared?

at whose cost, the govenment, private citzens out of their own pockets,should we pay more taxes? somebody has to pay for it. and when someone puts their own money into to it, who are you to say that they must share it with others.

Name one reason why sharing water harms the world economy or anyone's rights or privileges and we can negotiate...

never said it hurt the economy, stop putting words in my mouth. i did say companies invest millions in developing access to the water. tell me why if i had invested 100 million or better in developing a water system i should give it away for free.

edit on 23-7-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Thank.

You should thank Alexander Nikishin.

It appears he wrote this article that you copied from word for word without citing.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

A cup of water....

And you'll fight this hard?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Public works aren't and shouldn't be a private endeavor after it becomes a basic living standard.

The United States ordered 2300 F-35 stealth attack aircraft for 2.3 trillion +++$$$.

I needed a penny worth of water.
I was hours away from anywhere.

We could edit our order to 2299 jets, 1 less #ing jet and it'd pay for water for everyone.

That right there is the ultimate problem.

And why we need to print endless streams of $ basically...
edit on 7/23/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Anything essiential to live should be free, Water and Oxygen, If these parasite companies could charge you to use oxygen they would, No matter how many people died because they could not afford to breathe.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

A cup of water.... And you'll fight this hard?

it's not about a cup of water, it's about someone spinning a bs story about not being able to find one in a city the size of austin texas, and saying that people shouldn't profit from their labors or have rules in their company.

sounds as if your option would be to socialize the distribution of water, next it will be food, transportation, medicine, housing, and the list goes on.

more cost for the government, that would mean more cost out of your and my pocket. then it would be just as blanked up as any government program running now at best.

the best option is regulation, just like it is now. utility companies must submit the cost increase or what they want to charge for before the state, counties or cities.then the government says yea or nay, and what they can charge and for.

not to socialize everything.

as far as the homeless, or the poor there are government and private organization that can and do help them. might not be what they want, might not work all that well at times, but help is there. it's also up to the individual to do somethings themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I knew an old British engineer that helped in it's planning and construction, he was also a soldier in WW2 and just after WW2 guarded some former Nazi's.

He told me ages ago the little known and oft ignored tale of how Qaddafi turned much of Libya green, of the great underground water pipes that ran across much of the country and even of how Qaddafi had lifted many, indeed most of his people out of poverty.

But Qaddafi was not a saint, he trained terrorists such as the IRA and also earlier Muslim extremists, was originally no friend of the west but perversely by the time of the so called military intervention and so called Arab Spring which was really driven as much by extremists all too willing to accept the aid of the west whom they hated as by western funded agent's whom wanted to destabilize that region for whatever reason (they thought they could then mosey in and get the oil), anyway I digress by but by the time of the 2011 military intervention (which was about oil - and mostly failed in this - not human right's) well Qaddafi had perversely become a PROTECTOR of Europe, preventing a huge human wave of African economic migrant's from heading north through his nation AND actively fighting Extremists in his own nation, until Britain and France (the main two players' lets not forget the US was actually very reluctant to get involved after having there hand's burned in Iraq and Britain in particular called in the favour the US owed since we helped them in Iraq and almost every other major foreign action they had taken but in fact it was people behind the then British and French leaders - oil company's - that wanted this).

So with the untimely fall of Qaddafi and instead of protecting his NOW beneficial (though formerly very hostile) regime attacking it like blind greedy idiot's a huge flood of sub Saharan African's swept northward, in Libya now a mostly lawless country that today mirrors Afghanistan but in North Africa tribal feud's boiled to the surface and warlords now claim much of the nation while even the international recognized government is little more than a tribal council in and of itself.

And Europe has ended up having a far more costly humanitarian crisis as a result than any profit had the oil been accessible would ever have produced for those private corporate oil baron warmongers (energy security my arse it was about there private wealth security) that urged the British and French prime ministers to bring about that action.

So don't blame us Brit's or the French or even the US, this was oil baron's that owned our politician's plain and simple, the same oil baron's also very much have there hand's in your oil barrel's and of course you have your own home grown variety over there in Russia.

The fall of Libya was unnecessary, Qaddafi posed no threat to the west and had his hand's full dealing with extremists and was as I said actively protecting Europe from that sub Saharan wave of migrant's, the same can be said about Iraq but Saddam was actually a very bad man indeed unlike Qaddafi whom while no saint was also no devil (just not that nice but overall he was actually beneficial to us and should have been backed up not pulled down in those later years).

I can understand those though that wanted revenge on his regime, the blowing up airliners full of innocent people is just one of many incident's that come to mind.

But as I say the cost of that revenge in innocent human lives (two wrong's never make a right) and the resultant removal of what was actually a stabilizing influence as far as north Africa was concerned was a very bad move and one that we can only regret.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

We could edit our order to 2299 jets, 1 less #ing jet and it'd pay for water for everyone.

a one month water bill for 330 million people at 20 bucks a month at minimal usage,

comes to $6,600,000,000, 12 months, 79,200,000,000. how much water do you think institutions, businesses, the governement use?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

The US has no business going into ANY foreign country and disturbing it by removing it's leader. Libya had more good going on than bad and if anyone should attend to their own business and stop meddling it is the USA. I was so pissed off when I heard about what was done and the water project amounted to a big bully kicking the little guy as he was trying to stand.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Problem is you start with a cup of water then you want food then you want shelter then a free phone then free clothes .... it just escalates.

You want people to pay for the CLEAN water and supply it to you for free.

Get over yourself and go live on a desert island.

Once you work hard to provide everything you need to live don't forget to share it and give it away for free to anyone that happens to come along and demand it..

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Look at what I posted, it was NOT the US yes they had a hand but were reluctant to get involved, the one's that pushed for that were the French and British Leaders, Cameron at the time here in Britain and I can not remember the French guy's name, they did this on behalf of PRIVATE oil interests, in part they were jealous and a bit peeved as well since our nation's had helped out the US in Iraq only for the oil interests there to all go to American company's except for a token few, they wanted there bit on the side and Libya looked like a nice fact oiled up goose ready for roasting so they said to the US president of the time "look we backed you up and you owe us, we want the Libyan Oil", this was of course all behind closed doors but it was for no other reason.

You can't keep blaming the yank's when in some cases it is not even there fault.

(Cameron had his back hander - though I can not prove that and if anyone threatened to produce proof of that they would be offed pretty sharpish - they all usually do and I have never heard of a broke ex prime minister).

edit on 23-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Problem is you start with a cup of water then you want food then you want shelter then a free phone then free clothes .... it just escalates.

You want people to pay for the CLEAN water and supply it to you for free.

Get over yourself and go live on a desert island.

Once you work hard to provide everything you need to live don't forget to share it and give it away for free to anyone that happens to come along and demand it..

Except in a nation were your father and mother worked there hand's to the bone just so some fat prick could sit in his ivory tower, there father and mother before them, there father and mother before them and in which you only have rights because people started to demand them, to fight for them, to force the rich to give them the vote, the right to a pension in old age, the right to a home of there own and not to be a serf owned by some corrupt lord whose ancestors only got rich by raping, murdering and robbing everyone around the.

Get over yourself and stop with the medieval robber baron attitude will you, MODERATE socialism and public safety nets' are NOT evil they are GOOD and if you don't like it then you don't like GOD because it existed in the old testament and even Jesus said go and sell all you own and give it to the poor and come and follow me - the son of man has no place to lay his head - did you know Jesus was HOMELESS in a world that he OWN's so who the hell are you to contradict him, One wrote a gentle letter to John Hagee a false preacher on your TV about his anti poor rhetoric and he could not answer, the only answer I had was a short but nice enough one then he blocked my Email from him because I was absolutely correct and he whom once paid of his EX wife's alimony with church money and BRAG's about thing's his church has done when Christ said do good thing's in Secret so that only God your father in heaven knows - while most of the time a fair preacher and knowing his stuff has his own particular twisted interpretation of it and misses thing's like leaving wheat in the field for the widow's and poor to glean (so the poor would not starve), not putting widow's out of there homes (even if you own it) and other old testament law's of Israel never mind Jesus word's about the poor, as you treat the least of these so too do you treat me.

Christ THREW the money changers out of his fathers house (the temple) and so God help those of you that attack the poor all the time because you are truly damned if you keep walking down that path full well knowing that it is not God's way.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

like your fiction books do you? You want something you get off your arse and work for it. You want to live off grid in the woods go for it. However want something that someone else has had to put labour into you pay for it. Give respect.

Before you preach you better have absolutely nothing of value and be giving everything you don't need to survive away each and everyday.

But you're on the internet so someone went hungry while you preached and wasted resources. Shame on you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join