It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Cooking / Food Mistake??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Suddenly reminded of a couple of other stories involving cheese, one deliberate, one not.

So, my dad has always been a joker. He also used to always fix our lunches for school. One day, for one of my sisters, when he made her sandwich using sliced/processed cheese, he intentionally left the plastic wrapping on when he put the cheese on her sandwich.

My sister was only like 8 or so at the time, and she came home livid, having bitten into that sandwich to a bunch of plastic wrap. But it was funny af.

Another time, when I was again, inebriated, I made a sandwich late at night. I was pretty wasted, and using some pre-sliced Swiss or provolone, the kind with little sheets of paper between the slices, I *thought* I removed that damned piece of paper.

Nope. So, I started eating that sandwich and something was off. WTF? Why is it so tough to chew? Something wrong with the cheese? I just bought it. Turn on the light and open it up, and there's that damned piece of paper with a few bite marks out of it.

JFC.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
So, my dad has always been a joker.

Is he more Heath Ledger sadistic or Joaquin Phoenix mentally unstable?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I was real lucky 3 decades ago that room a awake to was hotter than any sauna i have been in , how that room did not combust that night is beyond me , the second time not that many years ago 2015? i filled the oven and i mean filled the oven with beef etc then i sat down and fell asleep and awoke 5-6 hours later in a grey filled home that was minutes away from killing me yip i was lucky that night again , taught me a lesson i life when drunk always use the microwave

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Liquesence
So, my dad has always been a joker.

Is he more Heath Ledger sadistic or Joaquin Phoenix mentally unstable?

Jack Nicholson, a combination of both.

I mean, he did, at one point in childhood, put on my stepmother's one piece bathing suit...
edit on 19-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My first job was at an ice cream restaurant. I made the hard ice cream. A note to you all, when making chocolate, add the cocoa powder before the cream starts churning or else you and the entire room will be tasty.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Okay, now for a serious question....

Did everyone else in the World know that "Nacho Cheese" wasn't a 'thing', that it wasn't a real "cheese"???

I mean, Dorito's are good right, and extra Nacho is even better. Cheese at the mall is good with yer gurlfrend, right? C'mon...sing it with me y'all....NA-CHO CHEEZ....NA-CHO CHEEZ...NA-CHO-CHEEZ!!!

Hell, I STILL think there's some dude out there culturing REAL "Nacho Cheese"...and if I ever find him, well, I'm stealin' his cheese, dammit!!

THEN, y'all will be sorry!!! Damn straight! Comin' up to me beggin' for the "Nacho" cheeeeez!

Uhhhh Hummph!!

Yeah I guess I knew that but I was raised in California. Honestly look up a good recipe for queso.

Here was an awesome one if you were interested. I will give you a fair warning it can be kind of binding.
1 block of Velveeta cheese cut up into one by one in pieces
1 big block of cheddar cut up into one by pieces
One jar of salsa
Abot a cupout half cup of milk
One pound of ground beef cooked all ground up nice and stuff.

Melt everything slowly medium to medium low heat. You can eat with tortilla chips or tortillas. One of my favorite things to do with Port over steamed broccoli. It's great for a party and it goes a long way. It freezes well

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was making spaghetti. I put the pot on the stove and the water boiled. I added the noodles. I went back to studying 4 whatever classes I was taking at the moment. All of a sudden I smoke this Burning. I ran up to the kitchen and the water had evaporated and the noodles caught on fire! Whatever the subject material was it must have been pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My sister and I were cooking some dinner....maybe it was something like really nice salmon poached in olive oil? Anyway, it was an expensive protein and olive oil. I didn't realize the olive oil had gone rancid. We took one bite, and "UGH!!!!" Every last bit was thrown out. It was sad, but it was one of the nastiest, most inedible flavors ever.
edit on 20-7-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
I was making spaghetti. I put the pot on the stove and the water boiled. I added the noodles. I went back to studying 4 whatever classes I was taking at the moment. All of a sudden I smoke this Burning. I ran up to the kitchen and the water had evaporated and the noodles caught on fire! Whatever the subject material was it must have been pretty interesting.

I didn't even know noodles could catch fire. Of course they can, if you think about it, but I never did.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yeah I guess I knew that but I was raised in California. Honestly look up a good recipe for queso.

Here was an awesome one if you were interested. I will give you a fair warning it can be kind of binding.
One jar of salsa

Melt everything slowly medium to medium low heat. You can eat with tortilla chips or tortillas. One of my favorite things to do with Port over steamed broccoli. It's great for a party and it goes a long way. It freezes well

Sounds so good. The salt's so high on velveeta though.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
The worst mistake I ever made cooking was forgetting I had super hot oil in the pan while flipping whatever was in t
Whatever drugs were in that cream were really good and I believe the Emu oil contributed to the skin healing so softly and completely.

I wonder if there's a commercially-available product like it? That's an impressive result. It was a bad burn.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

One jar of salsa

Sounds so good. The salt's so high on velveeta though.

That is why you makeit for special occasions

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join