It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morning After was a nuclear war film ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Osirisvset

1984 or 83 I think it was when one summer Sunday morning, an unnaturally quiet day even for a Sunday back then when almost no one worked on Sundays and shop's were closed when as I walked home from my friend's house I heard the Nuclear warning sirens sound, it was probably just a test but it terrified me really badly, I was just a kid and just wanted to get back to my mum but knew that if it was really a nuclear warning then I would never make it so started to pray as I walked.

It was a surreal experience the sirens wailed for ages, even as I walked back through the council housing estate were I lived there was no one about until I was more or less back home when I saw a person in the street, then another and then more of them and when I mentioned the siren's (which had stopped only just before I got home) no one else it seems had heard them, to this day I wonder if perhaps we sometimes walk between reality's, if in some other reality the bomb's actually fell and if so if we would even know it since death would have been instantaneous being in the heart of an industrialized new town that was a likely prime target for soviet attack.

Ive often wondered if all the strange, fear based behaviors that we are now witnessing in society are the result of a mass undiagnosed PTSD epidemic, caused by the trauma of the cold war and for decades living with the constant(and very real)fear of imminent nuclear holocaust potentially happening at any moment, its something that is never really considered but for me at least makes total sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NinjaCougar THX A cheery little film it was- there was a movie in the early 80s i believe where a nuclear blast occurred off of Charleston SC or Savanna Georgia -cant remember name of film.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

That would be Special Bulletin

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Oh.. I guess there is one called "the day after"

This is the second time in a row today that people have shared videos that YouTube has been forcing upon me recently,

Has the almighty algorithm brought us ATS'ers together, too?

Lol, all hail algorithm! 🙌

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice how FIT people looked in this 1983 movie? Women were shapely, men were trim and there were very few fat/obese people.

Then it hit me: It was before the personal computer and the www.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Will have to check out this "Threads" film. Watched The Day After as a 7 year old. Kids and adults - we were all expecting imminent nuclear armageddon in those days. My childhood nightmares were full of mushroom clouds.

edit on 7/20/2020 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Did anyone else notice how FIT people looked in this 1983 movie? Women were shapely, men were trim and there were very few fat/obese people.

Then it hit me: It was before the personal computer and the www.

My mother lived through WW2 in Liverpool, she was evacuated to wales for a time but always said the people then looked the most beautiful they had ever been, no one was fat or out of shape and despite rations sounding awful the government of the time had them planned to provide the best nutrition possible for the general public to help them stay fit and healthy and fight the war at home working to supply the nation as well as the soldiers abroad.
The woman had slim figures and the men were not fat (except for perhaps some abusive households well there must have been were the bully of the house ate the lions share of everything).

But more recent changed in our health, over the past 30 to 40 years, well?.

For me the seed change came when Thatcher's government scaled back public health and started to sell everything off (New Labour when they finally got in did nothing to redress the damage she had done and instead kept our nation in limbo while they filled there own pockets as usual so I shall not mention those lout's), under thatcher many of our public health laboratories were sold off/privatized and there as a deliberate scaling back government planning, cutting school meal's for children (almost as unpopular as the pole tax which we still have disguised as council tax) while at the same time allowing chemical's that had previously not been allowed into our food to be added to it, artificial preservatives so that food that was spoiled (with many essential nutrients and natural enzymes rotted out of it) did not seem so thanks to these accursed preservatives and flavour enhancers the so called E numbers as well as her government allowing all manner of unethical substances to be given to our cattle and sprayed upon our fields.

It was from the 1980's onward the people began to get sicker, bloated etc but at first from about 1986 to about 1990 many of us noticed that while the kid's in school were taller than they had been just five years before and just maybe it was the cattle steroids or the other chemical's in the food they were then feeding the young of our nation but despite this seemingly short lived beneficial side affect of making them a little taller the longer term affect is not good as we can see by the state of our nation today - and you have to wonder what else was in that crap they allowed the public to eat since our birth rate was fine in the 70's, 80's and even until the early 90's but then the kid's just stopped being born at the same numbers and to add insult to injury then came the return of the Torys under Cameron and the Condem coalition after the useless new labour lout's were voted out and with there return came the cutting of child support, it was almost as if the Tory's were declaring war upon our already falling birth rates and trying to remove as many of the next generation as possible, especially of the poorest whom were the one's that had the most kid's and perhaps this was politically motivated since these poor mostly then voted labour when they got old enough but there action was cockeyed since they then opened the doors even wider to even more migrant's and of course blamed it all on the EU.

You have to ask yourself is there a deliberate hand at play or is it all just bloody minded blind and stupid greed in high places and the rest of us running off of a cliff like a bunch of lemming's at there misbegotten behest.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Things happening at that scale are almost never accidental. I see it as part of an ongoing war against the white race. Here in the US of A, BLM activists have made their views clear - that whites should be eliminated. Just as in South Africa, a "final solution" to the white problem is being discussed, and I'm sure such ideas are being brought over from SA. I also think all the sub-saharan people being brought into Europe are for the same purpose. I see all the junk in our food in the same light, and a lot of other things too. We have the reminder over here of the Georgia Guidestones, which dictate a world population of only a half-billion people. I don't think the powers-that-be are content with non-violent ways and means to achieve that.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NinjaCougar
a reply to: Jonjonj

archive.org...

I don't post here, lurk yes. Anyhoo... Threads BBC
Enjoy

You are indeed a ninja.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join