It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody know what is behind the door?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Does anyone know the exact purpose of this door-in-the-mountain.

Stre et view image of the door

The orange sign seems to say Photography Prohibited; the street-view photo is a bit blurred.

----

For some additional background info for this area;

*) On the opposite side of the road (swing google streetview around 180 degrees), there is an ionospheric phased-array radar (a kind of scaled-down HAARP).

*) Just south, is a NASA rocket launch facility - which was implicated in ufo sightings earlier this year

*) On the other-side of the mountain to the N.W. are disused munitions storage bunkers

*) A little further the N.W. of that, Andøya Airport.

I am interested in what they would need 'inside' the mountain at this particular location. Anyone know?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GrumpyPants

A lot of things get stuck in mountains believe it or not. I've delivered food to storage facilities inside mountains, had a load of tv shows going into storage in a mountain facility...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This might be helpful. They do a bit of aurora test there with rockets.
www.andoyaspace.no...

You gotta store it someplace safe😉
edit on 10-7-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

as zaphod said lots of places inside a MT. in fact if i'm not mistaken there's a thread or two about them on here somewhere a massive storage complex.
here ya go,
Truck Driver Confirms Underground City Beneath US. 2013

My Journey Inside a Privately Owned Massive Underground Storage Complex

even a couple about DUMBs if you look for them.

10,000 D.U.M.B.s (Deep Underground Military Bases)?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A load of tv shows?

Do you mean someone was storing dvds of tv shows in an underground mountain facility?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Last year I was out hiking and taking pictures of an old ghost town and the miners shaft next to it here in Nevada.
Then about a mile away I noticed what looked like a watch tower. Went to it to find out it was covered with security cameras and dishes and very much active.
I didn’t want to stay around much longer so I dipped. So ya crazy stuff in and around mountain areas.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

A load of tv shows? Do you mean someone was storing dvds of tv shows in an underground mountain facility?

i'm sure that's what he was saying but not DVD's. their climate controlled, old film likes be kept in a cool dry places with low humidity.

edit on 10-7-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA:
here is a natgeo video about iron mountian where the National Film Preservation Foundation has a vault.
Inside This Mountain, Old Films Live Forever
edit on 10-7-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This one Is just north of me. They store national archives here.

41.0924097, -79.9022666
locations.ironmountain.com...

Underground is best for preservation.
also good for growing mushrooms.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Everything from I Love Lucy to 80s movies. They were all original film copies from CBS that were sent to Iron Mountain.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

You gotta store it someplace safe by Bigburgh

That was my first thought, storage for the space center.

However, if you look at the road surface, the traffic is in the opposite direction to the spaceport. Spaceport to the south, the in/out traffic to the mountain is to the north.

If you move up and down the road via street view, and zoom into the tunnel door, you can see what appears to be wiring above the tunnel going up the mountain. At first, I thought they were power and data lines to equipment installed further up the mountain. I count at least 12 off-vertical lines.

After looking closer and from different angles, they seem to be lines holding wire-netting to hold back loose rocks. The lines are anchored to the rocks above the door. From certain angles you can just about make out the wire netting mesh that the lines are attached to.

GP
edit on 10-7-2020 by GrumpyPants because: added quote from Bigburgh

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The location you have linked is in Norway.

Could that be a cold war bunker?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A lot of things get stuck in mountains believe it or not. I've delivered food to storage facilities inside mountains, had a load of tv shows going into storage in a mountain facility...

If you look close on Google Earth at the Nevada Test Site/NNSSS, you will see a number of roads that end at what appear to be tunnel entrances. They are. For underground testing. If anyone is interested I have a plugin for Google Earth that identifies many of them. I try and keep it as up to date as I can, please advise me of locations I missed:
www.dropbox.com...
edit on 10-7-2020 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Probably military-owned.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrumpyPants

Does anyone know the exact purpose of this door-in-the-mountain.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If you look close on Google Earth at the Nevada Test Site/NNSSS, you will see a number of roads that end at what appear to be tunnel entrances. They are. For underground testing. If anyone is interested I have a plugin for Google Earth that identifies many of them. I try and keep it as up to date as I can, please advise me of locations I missed:
www.dropbox.com...

Thanks Foster.

Nice work.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok that makes more sense, for a second I thought maybe a wealthy prepper was stockpiling entertainment to binge watch during the apocalypse.

Now that I think about it it’s not such a bad idea, gotta get boring underground for that long.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Probably storing collected space "junk" there, artifacts and things of that sort they plucked out of orbit. The ET bodies they find they send to another "storage" facility.

Makes one wonder what they are suppressing from us..

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What's there? Who knows. But it's hardly anything strange. Nordic countries have *alot* of dug in facilities, both for infrastructure and military. Where I live we still have air raid shelters (although I wonder how usable they are nowadays) and air raid sirens being tested every month because Russians can invade and if they take out the highway bridge one of the most important roads to the capital is cut off. I mean it's a million times more likely that the bridge breaks because some idiot drives a truck into a support beam, but still.

new topics

top topics

join