It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous job applications to prevent racism and sexism in the job market?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I read this news today; Some leftist political parties wants job applications to be anonymous to prevent racism and sexism.

Is this a good idea? Would this step really prevent racism, sexism, etc. in the job market? Are there any negative implications to this? Would it be possible to legally enforce something like this? Would you hire someone without knowing who they were?

-MM
edit on 10-7-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
I read this today; Leftist political forces want job applications to be anonymous to prevent racism and sexism.

Is this a good idea? Would this step really prevent racism, sexism, etc. in the job market? Are there any negative implications to this? Would it be possible to legally enforce something like this?

-MM

People got too much time on their hands these days. As a past employer, I hired who I wanted, period. None of this bs even came into mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

How then will they further the agenda of ensuring that minorities get fast tracked into employment?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

DP

edit on 10-7-2020 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
No, they tried that here in Aus with the public service and it completely backfired....ended up hiring more men than before.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There are laws in place that make it illegal to discriminate based on sex and race. Has been for quite some time I believe. Feel like you were denied thanks to your race or sex? Take it to the courts.

Seems totally unnecessary to me.

If anything all I see in the future is a massive number of lawsuits against 'woke' corporations for discriminating against whites. Which, shockingly, is also illegal. Despite how much a moronic liberal arts professor says it isn't.
edit on 1072020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Will they make the census none raciest and non sexist along with will we have a color blind society like MLK preached 60 years ago? I doubt it to much money to be made otherwise.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
There are laws in place that make it illegal to discriminate based on sex and race. Has been for quite some time I believe. Feel like you were denied thanks to your race or sex? Take it to the courts.

Seems totally unnecessary to me.

If anything all I see in the future is a massive number of lawsuits against 'woke' corporations for discriminating against whites. Which, shockingly, is also illegal. Despite how much a moronic liberal arts professor says it isn't.

They discriminate all the time, a little history years ago when I was a young poor white male there was a government program called CERTA it was to provide job training, I went in to apply and did not qualify for training although they did get me a job, I asked the counselor why I did not qualify for training and was told if I had been a minority or a female they could of gotten my training. SO there is discrimination in the form of quotas.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Idiots forget about the job interview after the application?

I am sure they ARE pretty worried though. If I owned a business I sure as hell would set up my interviewing questions to weed out anyone who was PC.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Might reduce cronyism a little bit.

Doubt it would do much for racism and sexism.

When you include your work history, there is likely to be a bit of a difference for some ethnic minorities in some places and large gaps where women have had babies etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Meeting and talking to a person, tells much more then a piece of paper will ever do.

Do you want a good looking, slim size good English speaking person to sell your slim line products.. or do you want a fat kid with bad English to do it ??

Be real now..
edit on 10-7-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
I read this news today; Some leftist political parties wants job applications to be anonymous to prevent racism and sexism.

Is this a good idea? Would this step really prevent racism, sexism, etc. in the job market? Are there any negative implications to this? Would it be possible to legally enforce something like this? Would you hire someone without knowing who they were?

-MM

This is a dumb idea and no, it would not work- at least for the employer. Imagine hiring someone without the benefit of a criminal background check, without knowing for certain that said employee is physically able to do the job (lots of jobs are absolutely NOT cut out for the weak or disabled), without meeting them in person and being able to determine if their qualifications are real or if they are making them up just to get hired (those gut feelings you get when you first meet a prospective employee is extremely important), without getting a feel for whether or not they are a good fit for your company and will mesh well with other employees, etc. "Blind" hiring practices make absolutely no sense!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You forgot age!

Personally, the Internet job application process are missing good candidates IMO.

I am 54; have experience in several areas, yet found the opposite at one point. I applied for 6 months to only hear nothing ;including McDonalds’ in cape cod (who at the time was requiring college education lol). Yet when I went into this McDonalds a month later with my Spanish speaking friend, the dude who tried to wait on us could not understand our order, the manager had to take over 👎🏻, despite my friend speaking a few languages, he could not comprehend.

I had a rough time of it for awhile. I tried to get a school position, and the woman at town hall told me to just show up at the school, which I did, and my new boss, Asst principal just happened to be there (summer). She hired me; and she hired people with disabilities and people of color. She truly is a good person, and I’ll always be thankful for her helping me. I needed that job; I was a single mother, and struggling.

This digital application process is a nightmare for some.

Networking can help quite a bit.

I’ve learned that you have to keep at it, and yes, sometimes people you work with can be power trippers, shifty, whiny, slackers, or all out gaslighters, the world isn’t fair. You just have to keep pushing through!

The race catagory on applications being eliminated won’t necessarily help if your name is Diamond.

I personally don’t like having to put my race down, and I’m supposedly the entitled race???

It’s about education, presentation, endurance that’s it!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Unfortunately, even if it's illegal to discriminate against whites, the current agenda does not recognize the law. Sneaking across the border is illegal too but we have sanctuary cities.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You mean my business could hire people based on qualifications instead of demographics?

Sweet.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
No thanks.

I need to know the person's name I'm hiring so I can use my hiring-only Fakebook and fInstagram accounts to scrutinize their posts and find out if the person is a jackass.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Stupid idea and it really has nothing to do with the race or gender of an applicant. Any company dumb enough to hire off an application alone is setting themselves up for failure and that’s not even considering a background check.

We wouldn’t even be able to hire anyone based off our background check alone. Several 3-letter government agencies are our tenants, it’s worked into lease agreements that my company does extensive background checks so these agencies don’t have to worry about who is entering their suites.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You can laugh about that one but I've lost count of how many people I passed over because of their social media accounts.

I've seen a lot of people fired because of social media too.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm not joking. I've passed on people due to their social media escapades.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The university I went to put together a "focus group" of sorts, which I was invited to take part in on recommendation of a faculty member. The university was having a huge problem - most of the blacks who wanted to attend were unable to pass the basic entrance testing - reading comprehension, math, writing, etc. It was making the university look bad for turning away so many prospective black students. The purpose of this group was to brainstorm ideas on how to make changes so that more black students could attend. One of the proposed solutions (from a university staff member) was to do away with certain portions of the entrance testing entirely. This was a university that was bending over backwards to take in as many minority students as possible. They actually market themselves as being minority-friendly, as they have a big program to teach English to non-English speaking students. They had tons of Hispanic students... But few blacks. And of the black students who did attend, most failed out. I had classes with several and saw them leaning back in their chairs and sleeping and audibly snoring through classes, getting talked to by the professors about how they have 0's on all their homework assignments because they haven't done any and are failing the class, interrupting class to make jokes to everyone about things the professor said, leaving class halfway through, openly plagiarizing other students' work (one black student literally presented MY class presentation word for word and made a fool of himself in front of the entire class, particularly because I presented mine earlier), etc.
If you made job applications and university applications and whatever else totally anonymous, where you had no idea what the person's race was, it would have the exact opposite effect - all those black students and black job seekers that universities and businesses are desperately bending over backwards and potentially committing borderline crimes to take in so they don't look "racist" will suddenly get thrown to the side.
The leftists who are calling for anonymous applications know this.
edit on 7/10/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join