It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

transgender and Rowloing cancelled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Regarding transgenderism: for thousands of years professional philosophers haven’t even been able to agree on what a table is! Let alone something as complex as life or a woman. Our best attempt at understanding is to have multiple different definitions, even if these definitions seem to contradict each other. Our best attempt to misunderstand is to chose just one definition and refute all others. Or to assume if one person uses one definition they don’t understand the others (bring on J K Rowling’s accusers).
If you don’t understand transgenderism and you are a man; why do you have nipples? I suggest you meditate on your nipples for an hour then you may understand the nature of transgenderism

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Some links would help the context and present the differences 😎

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Try meditating on whether or not you have a "Y" chromosome in every cell of your body. That's all you really need to know. If you can't figure it out, see a shrink; you are mentally ill.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuylerto meditate on sentient cellular machinery is a good idea. Y chromosome and its significance is important to acknowledge and understand in the context of this amazing and baffling world.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
there is NO EASY FIX for this there is NO medicine that will line up what their brain is telling them with what they see in the mirror......when parents starting bringing in their children with this to drs the drs were concerned they set up a protocol the child would have 2 years of intense counseling, before officially pronounced transgender. These children after seeing professionals in the field after 2 years would still insist that they are trans.......

one mother who gave birth to a son who is trans and transitioned to female...she said " I would rather have a live daughter than a dead son" but YOU are have no compassion no understanding..I guess you are ok with all the ones that kill themselves as well

a reply to: schuyler

edit on 8-7-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
She is entitled to her view, but why is everyone going apesh*t over it. Like we should shape our world view on the lady who had Harry Potter, the inept wizard, beat the most powerful wizard who ever lived........really, WHO CARES WHAT SHE THINKS!! Why does it bother so many people so much?

Predictions. How long until people who make statements deemed, well, offensive or intolerant or wrongthink, are forced into classes until they are "fixed" and able to rejoin society. what if they are determined not able to be "fixed"?
edit on pm77202020America/Chicago08p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: washy76

Our best attempt at understanding is to have multiple different definitions...

No. This is ridiculous. No one found the word "woman" lying around and misapplied it to the wrong thing. The word woman was and is intended and assigned to describe and define a specific, known, observable thing.

Specifically, a woman is an adult human female, with a female reproductive system, the anatomy thereof, and the corresponding biological functions and processes. All of which provides the foundation for the sex-based rights and protections long established in law and society.

One of those processes is menses. Someone who menstruates is a woman. Not all woman menstruates. And no woman always menstruates. But only women menstruate. Just as JK said.

These women are not "menstruaters." And certainly not "bleeders." And any other vile and degrading term that reduces women to a bodily function.

On the plus side, the pathetic attempt to "cancel" JK Rowling, and the very misogynistic abuse and threats of violence she has received, have done far more to "peak trans" the public than to harm JK Rowling. She is the woman who cannot be cancelled.

J. K. Rowling and the trans activists: a story in screenshots
edit on 8-7-2020 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

From the OP

“Our best attempt at understanding is to have multiple different definitions, even if these definitions seem to contradict each other.”

This is chaos.

But it does prove a point.
I’m not sure that point goes in favour of the OP though.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If you can't figure it out, see a shrink;

your shrink can determine your chromosomes? that's...... a lot of descriptive words spring to mind, but let's go with impressive

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
one mother who gave birth to a son who is trans and transitioned to female...she said " I would rather have a live daughter than a dead son" but YOU are have no compassion no understanding..I guess you are ok with all the ones that kill themselves as well

That's a BS argument.
The problem is a lot of times people save and save for the surgery and assume all their dreams will come true.

Only to find out that they are still the same but broke.

People are complicated.
If we can't define a woman fine, I'd be much happier for these ladies to keep their balls and save some money.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: washy76
I suggest you meditate on your nipples for an hour then you may understand the nature of transgenderism

Just tried meditating on my nipples for an hour. Only made it 21 minutes before they got all chafed up and started burning. Turns out having mammary glands only means im a mammalian and has nothing to do with gender. Going to try meditating on something else in a little bit to reassure my manhood was unaffected.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
yes there are a few that are not happy with the transition...but that is why I started with there is NO good fix for this there is no pill or medicine they can take that will align their brain with what they see in the mirror...I hope someday they do figure out what it is is because for a majority counseling does NOT fix it

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: research100

That's a BS argument.
The problem is a lot of times people save and save for the surgery and assume all their dreams will come true.

Only to find out that they are still the same but broke.

People are complicated.
If we can't define a woman fine, I'd be much happier for these ladies to keep their balls and save some money.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

A few? If im not mistaken transgender have the highest risk of suicide for any group of people. Is the suicide rate a matter of regret or that their faculties were out of sorts to begin with?
edit on 8-7-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It seems like there's a lot of personal insecurities involved. Even journalists are battling each other this week over minor Transgender issues.

VOX Journalist Skewered: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think TG, or at least the pronouns is an easy solution once adults discuss what is at hand

First, we must dismiss the 100 different genders group. They are simply trendy kids wanting to be different. Whatever...safe to ignore these ones. They are the ones also who diminish what gender dysphoria sufferers deal with anyhow, so toss them to the curb.

Next up, the pronouns. Anyone making an effort to transition (the word is literally the beginning of transgender) I will respect their pronouns. If it even remotely looks like a she with obvious effort, I'll call the person she/her. If however its some bearded guy wearing a skirt, no...I...well, I just won't even talk to the dude tbh.

Biologically you are either male or female, thats it. Change your outward appearance all you want, but you are biologically what you were born into.
Genderwise, well, I do agree its a spectrum that deals mostly with how you express your gender...so man and woman can apply to a transgender. I would call someone like say, blaire white a woman. If pressed, I would say biologically male, and a transgender woman...but when just talking in public, I would call her a woman as she has done her best to transition.

I used to have a caveat that I would only call a m2f a woman/she once they got the snip, however I have come to appreciate that such a procedure may not be 100% perfected just yet, along with wildly cost prohibitive, so so long as it is identified in the beginning stages of any sexual relationship of their biological reality (no surprises) then all is good.

I have no issue befriending trans folks and find them to be interesting conversationalists (some, not all...in the end, they are just people).

I suspect the suicide rate amongst trans is a feeling of not fitting in their skin, and as they try, not fitting into society. Lotta pressure. The 100 gender group is not helping and moving back their acceptance with nonsense...along with the fact that the media does a horrible job trying to validate them. Putting trans characters in a video game for instance. Who would want that anyhow? a trans person isn't having a fantasy experience or relatability with another trans...they will relate to the gender they wish to become. This is just confusing. I can only hope it isn't for them that these tokens are added but instead to get the cis folks to not be freaked out when we come into contact with one...relatability...in which case I guess I am okay with that idea (but you know thats not their intent).

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If you dont know what a table is, then by definition you might be mentally retarded, seriously. You should look into that!

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am a libertarian so I look at it this way; if you want to pretend you are a different gender than you were born then go for it...it’s your right. My problem is when you expect me to pretend with you.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

no i understand transgender quite well

it is a DENIAL OF BASIC BIOLOGICAL FACT.

If your born with a XX chromosome your a BIOLOGICAL FEMALE
If your born with a XY chromosome your a BIOLOGICAL MALE

no amount of surgery, chemicals, hormones , "identify with", brain thought patterns, or any other criteria you want WILL NOT CHANGE THAT.

there is NO PERSON ON THIS PLANET has ever changed their XX to XY ( or vice versa).

that is the ONLY WAY to be "transsexual"

the short and sweet definition of "transsexual" is one that DENIES BASIC BIOLOGICAL FACT

scrounger

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

it is a DENIAL OF BASIC BIOLOGICAL FACT.

If your born with a XX chromosome your a BIOLOGICAL FEMALE
If your born with a XY chromosome your a BIOLOGICAL MALE

Sex is not gender though. Sex is biological based on your chromosomes

gender is an expression of sex, which exists on a spectrum.

Transgenderism isn't changing sex, its associating with a different gender than your sex.
Its an actual brain disorder, and since we can't crack a persons head open and rewire it to be more normal as per society standards, then we have to understand and work with it.

Biological sex: Male
Gendered pronoun: Man
Biological sex: Female
Gendered pronoun: Woman

If you were meeting this person at a bar:

Would you ask if they seen a man dressed like a woman with breasts and softened facial features, or would you ask if they seen a brunette woman?

Gender is expression, not a biological reality.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

.....-snip-
the short and sweet definition of "transsexual" is one that DENIES BASIC BIOLOGICAL FACT

Wanted to point this out also
Those are two different words
I agree with your view on transsexualism...that isn't a thing. you cannot change your sex. You can however change your gender (or rather, become closer to the gender you feel)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join