It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open everything up! If we die we die

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: chris_stibrany

They who are willing to give up liberty and freedom for safety, deserve neither.

Good old Ben Franklin was a pretty smart guy, huh?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

This is not the flu.

Treating it like something it's not is foolish.

But speaking of the unrelated flu , I take precautions like social distancing and not going into work when I have the flu. I stay away from my mother who is high risk for lung issues.

Why? Because I have always cared about not spreading illness to other people.

Even if the state wasn't asking me to wear a mask I would wear one anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

You ask what I say. I say you tell me who you want to sacrifice by infecting them. Tell me. What is their name? If you are so weak that you just can't take it any more, go ahead and just kill yourself. But what gives you the right to make that decision for others? That is the height of narcissistic arrogance. Again, tell me who you want to sacrifice. The fact that you don't know their name does not make them unimportant.
Or maybe, in your mind, it does.

Aren't you a nice person? Telling me to kill myself, and projecting your emotions onto me.
How is it weak to be going about my daily life exactly as I was before the pandemic, except for wearing a mask and minus when I am physically barred from doing so?
How is it weak that I still go to the office for work, I still go to my practise space to play my drums, I still talk to my friends there, I still shop at my favourite record shop, still go to my favourite second hand book shop, eat out etc etc?
How is that weak? lol
You make zero sense.

I don't want to 'sacrifice' anyone. You don't seem to understand that living my life is not 'sacrificing' people. It is mitigating risk by hygeine, masks if necessary and any necessary distance, it is not overblowing a risk and becoming a 'sacrificer'
All life has risks

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tim2win

I understand you don't want to be housebound again.
But you have to realise this is not bravado, its merely living my life.
And if you were thinking about it you would realise the people making the 'few hundred cases' arent to blame, its the government response, forcing you into your little box of a house again.

I notice people in Europe are far more compliant to overstepped authority. I was raised there and my wife is European.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So what's wrong with doing everything you mentioned but also having all businesses and travel open? thats the whole point of my thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I been looking at folks in public

Survey says;

Most of yall already dead inside.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I agree. Its a mental choice to flip the switch and be happy and do the most with what you have.
With this or with any stupid situation.
Dwelling on it just makes you miserable.

EDIT To say, yet another psyop gone according to plan:
1. fear fear fear.
2. create depression through fear
3. create anger through fear and depression
4. incite destabilisation and riots push the right buttons with the media keywords.
5. dance puppets dance
edit on 9/7/2020 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

100% agreed.

It's making the weak insane.

There is no reason not to reopen. People can't hide from viruses.

We may get sick but we will recover. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ILLNESS WEVE DEALT WITH ALL OUR LIVES.

This is purely political now. ALL ELECTION RELATED.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

People in Europe swallow anything the media says as gospel.

Fear is very effective.

And if they speak out they can be jailed.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WIKDHOTSNOMAN

People in Portugal and France, from first hand accounts, and I wouldn't be surprised in Spain too, are screaming at and abusing and in some cases even beating up people that are out and about and not locked up, even when theres no official mandate. And ratting on their neighbours for not wearing a mask even though there is no one on the street. Then they go contact them by hitting them anyway lol. Human stupidity at it's finest.
edit on 9/7/2020 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I think that is the boiling point , when that extra money goes away the poop is going to hit the fan .

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Enough is enough now? I've been saying that for two months, three1

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Absolutely. This is how you strengthen humanity against it. Let it kill the tiny percent of the population who would normally die from the flu anyway, and let the rest develop a natural immunity. That's reality - that's how life works. People who are old and ill die. When you shut everything down, tell people to stay home or otherwise "social distance", you just make the virus linger around for much longer. The virus is here; it's not going to magically disappear because businesses are closed. As soon as you open things up, then the virus will simply resume doing what it does, and we'll just be worse off than we were.

I'm tired of the "People are dying!!!" fearmongering. No ****, people die. Approximately 1,772 people die in the US alone of heart disease EVERY DAY. That's about 647,000 per year. We don't see the media screaming about how we need to shut down fast food restaurants and ban smoking and all get outside to exercise. Let me know when the US Covid-19 deaths get even remotely close to the deaths from heart disease.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what I think. For such a low death rate, this never should have happened.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Read as: Peons sacrifice yourself so I may have a milkshake and a haircut

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Like the saying goes, “Why survive if you cant have fun doin it”

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Once again you are not understanding.. too bad for you I suppose that your grasp of logic is so tiny.
Re read my above rejoinders to people like 'you' telling me to kill myself. Maybe you will grasp some of the reasoning.

Edit to say I have already had a milkshake and a haircut and no one died. No one even got sick. Cases in my county have been steadily declining and we have indoor dining now. Its because like I have said a hundred times, I have no problem with masks and distancing because they work, but things need to be OPEN. its like you think only in black and white and not in the grey which the world actually works in.
edit on 10/7/2020 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

And now the idiotic EU is recommending Americans be denied entry although our death rate and even our infection rate in most states is on par with other European countries like Belgium, Sweden, UK...but they are not putting the cesspool that caused it, China on that list! Really pisses me off. Its purely political spite bc Trump blocked Europeans.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

People that don’t believe in anything after this place, tend to be the most fearful of death.

Wrong.

People that believe in nothing after this phase, maybe.

I don't believe in anything, and I don't believe anything. Belief is not needed, it's not necessary.

You can take things into account, as possibilities.
You can have faith, you can trust.
You can know.
You can feel and experience.
You can observe and receive things through probabilities.

I am not going to go through the whole list of what you can do, but believe me! (just kidding), belief is not necessary.

Your sentiment didn't take into account that 'not believing in something' is not the same as 'believing in nothing'.

Atheists are not people who 'do not believe in a Deity', but people that stubbornly believe in 'nothing' as their Deity, regardless of evidence or provable intelligent design.

In my viewpoint, people that have ANY kind of 'belief' or similar thought construct system that they cling to, that do not know or understand the truth, or who view existence, reality and the world too mechanically, are the ones that will have difficult time in the astral side of things, as they have to adjust their.. well, everything they are used to, until they can again function in the lighter (in more meanings than one) world.

Some people, the most stubborn atheists, for example, will often fall into a 'comalike' state for extended periods of time, because their clinging to self-chosen blindness does not allow them to be awake and experience the world that's almost malleable by thought. Whatever you think, feel and especially desire, will happen or manifest itself in one way or another, in astral plane, this process is swift and direct, whereas here, it's slow and muffled, and doesn't always reach full manifestation in time.

Therefore, anyone expecting to find a 'Kingdom of heavens', will find exactly that. Anyone expecting 'nothing', will manifest some version of that according to their own viewpoint and understanding of existence.

Of course all of this has also to do with the 'age of the soul' and such details, so basically the younger the soul, the more likely it is to end up in a comatose state inbetween incarnations. This of course reinforces the belief in 'nothing', because they don't have even the vaguest recollection of their time spent in the luminous plane. Many others, however, do have such memories, even if they're just vague feelings.

Perhaps many of us have sometimes felt that this, all that we see and experience here, all that we know about the physical side of things, just CAN'T be all there is.. there has to be something vaster and deeper than all this.

And this feeling is right.. it's your soul remembering something so wonderous, your psyche probably couldn't handle a full memory of it without breaking apart because of the immense contrast between the planes. However, we can usually safely visit our home-between-incarnations when the body falls asleep and we are released to roam the Universe - albeit still attached to the physical body by the 'silver cord'.

In any case, I recommend abandoning 'belief' in anything, since you can always intuit, know, explore, find out, experience, have faith and trust, and think for yourself. You can investigate, research and study. You don't have to just 'believe' anything.

Isn't it a bit silly to just think reality works that way anyway? That you can just pick up a 'belief' and that's our pass to eternal bliss? What makes so many people so sure that they're right (against so many other people's contradictory 'beliefs') and so blissful in their belief-created ignorance?

Belief limits you and confines you, and creates borders around your thinking. To be free, you have to be able to face reality without 'believeing' - just look, you'll see what it actually is, not what the belief says it should be.

"Don't look at the finger pointing at the moon, or you will miss all that heavenly glory. "

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like no one is trying to get rid of the dang virus. Ok, we have Trump who refuses to wear a mask because he has the best health care in the nation then you have the CDC not really telling us a dang thing. Who is really trying to get rid of this virus or at least come up with a vaccine? It just seems like a lack of information is floating around about this virus. Then you have people going ape# crazy over wearing a mask and the people losing their mind because they refuse to wear one. It is as if people are fighting with their own views of reality. Until people have this figured out, I'm just going to lay low and watch.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Actually...blame Florida. It's a complete MESS down there. lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join