It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill be debating intersectionality tonight at 8pm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have been asked to debate a person who is a marxist and a staunch defender of intersectionality this evening at 8pm et.

The debate will be hosted by a third party moderator, and will occur live on this channel, www.twitch.tv...

Im sure it will get heated, and will probably be fun to watch a bunch of marxists scream how evil and racist i am, so feel free to join in if you like!

Ill also post a link to the recorded video after its done some time tomorrow

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh and for those of you wondering what intersectionality is, good question.

I am sure my opponent will try to leave its definition be vague to avoid criticism, though hopefully thats not the case

Intersectionality is the academic movement that claims we should view everyone through the lens of their victimhood, and break them into categories based on things like race, gender, etc., and then one group of those is oppressors and the others oppressed.

So white people oppressors, other colors oppressed, men oppressors, women oppressed.

Then intersectionality says we shouldnt just look at the lens thorugh one of these oppressed peoples, but the entire collection of oppressions they have.

So a black woman isnt just oppressed as someone who is black, and a woman, but her oppression is far more significant because its the oppression of a "black woman"

And also all oppressed groups must unite to fight the oppressors, evil white cis gendered wealthy christian men.

Cultural marxism

Needless to say, a cancer that is destroying our schools and country.

So it should be a fun debate arguing against it

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sorry, watching anyone scream at one another is not my desired entertainment. Have fun though if that's what you are into.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Will there be Vin Diagrams?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So what will happen if he starts making classical marxist talking points and not the oxymoron school of frankfurt babble?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yeah I had never heard of it before and when I looked it up, I got a pounding headache before I got through half the Wiki page.
A debate with a person like that should be a humdinger, a real brouhaha.
I will tune in for as long as I can stand to listen to them.
Good times....give him long, healthy doses of real facts and watch him crumble.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Question here. By your definition we could also look at a white guy with a confederate flag tattoo could be looked at as, one, a guy, two white, and three the tattoo. We should look at the entire spectrum of evidences of oppression. Oppression? I guess we could use that word about how white men are now being said to be treated, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Identity politics based off of immutable charcteristics such as race are terrible.

Yes, the irony is the white nationalist are now platying the same game outlined by academia, that they should play the racial grievance game.

I instead chose to view people as individuals.

Intersectionality will say things like becaise i am a white man, i can not understand tghe lived experience of a black woman.

this is toxic and garbage, and leads to dialogue beinv irrelevant.

When dialogue is made impossible, violence is made inevitable.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

So what will happen if he starts making classical marxist talking points and not the oxymoron school of frankfurt babble?

LOL

It will be fun

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I have been asked to debate a person who is a marxist and a staunch defender of intersectionality this evening at 8pm et.

The debate will be hosted by a third party moderator, and will occur live on this channel, www.twitch.tv...

Im sure it will get heated, and will probably be fun to watch a bunch of marxists scream how evil and racist i am, so feel free to join in if you like!

Ill also post a link to the recorded video after its done some time tomorrow

I wish you good luck, but I think you are being set up and will find yourself leaving with your shirt all wet. (That's what happens when one pisses in the wind.)

The entire concept of "intersectionality" is built on a mental illness, and arguing with people with mental illness is never viable.

There is an interesting pair of verses in the book of Proverbs, 24:4 and 5, that reads:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
lest he become wise in his own eyes.

There are times when one answer a fool like a fool and this exposes the fools foolishness. In these instances it is good to "answer a fool according to his folly."

There are other times when a fool is so deep in his own foolishness that to try to answer him on his terms is a losing proposition. I am afraid that you have been duped into such.

Do not let them drag you down roads that make no sense, that are philosophical and intellectual dead ends. If you let them dictate the terms of the debate, you will be made to look as big a fool as them. Decide your points, stick to them and do not, by any means and at any time, allow them to set the tone or the basis for your points.
edit on 2020 7 06 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thank you Grambler. Here's hoping you can maintain your decorum as well tonight. Have at it.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not getting enough abuse here, eh? lol

Just kidding. From listening to your radio show a while back it should be very interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Thank you for defining this in your first reply.
I had no idea there was a technical word for that kind of irreeeeesponsible thinking.

I will not be watching, as i already know the outcome:
You will be correct, the other person will simply identify as being correct while viewing you as an oppressive oppressor for disagreeing with them. How dare you!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Intersectionality will say things like becaise i am a white man, i can not understand tghe lived experience of a black woman.

And then go on to say that because I am a White man who identifies as a woman, I understand womanhood better than a cis woman, and I am more oppressed than the Black woman...

The sheer number of contradictions and double standards within their intersectional ideology is mind boggling!

Whether intentional or not, it allows everyone to read into it what they want... what fits their personal biases...

Good luck tonight! I'll try to check it out but I can't promise anything.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The person i am debating s trans i believe, so i am sure the nature of understanding women better will be brought up.

Thanks for the kind words though, itll be fun

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Boadicea

The person i am debating s trans i believe, so i am sure the nature of understanding women better will be brought up.

Oh my... two males discussing the merits of womanhood... I see Radical Feminists heads exploding already!

Thanks for the kind words though, itll be fun

I bet it will!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I don't know why I thought "intersectionality" had something to do with circumcision.

That's why I try to stay away from far left intellectual people.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Sorry, watching anyone scream at one another is not my desired entertainment. Have fun though if that's what you are into.

You probably are virgin.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh, Grambler. This sounds like a never ending game of one up manship-one can easily win this with your rapier wit, calling on your personal victimhood and wokemanship.

Who's to say you arn't trans? No one should define another. Then, they break the cardinal rule of assuming. Have at it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join