It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

asymptomatic people DO spread the covid 19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Derp. Everyone has known this for months... except that guy. He should be charged with manslaughter

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What I'd like to know is . . .

Was the asymptomatic individual the only infected person at this gathering?

How did they know they were infected unless at some point they had symptoms and tested positive?

If tested and they knew they were sick, how long did they self isolate and did they retest before they came out into the public again?

Certainly this infected asymptomatic person understood the risk they posed to others, esp. those who are at risk, and would have taken precautions like distance, face mask, refusing to shake hands, etc.

I've been to a couple gatherings over last weekend and took needless risks like hitting off a bottle, hugs, and otherwise "old normal" behavior. I'm waiting to see if I get sick now, if I wasn't already back in Feb. Stupid, I know, but it sucks to be loved and a part of a social group and hard to say no after this long lock down.

ETA: Last weekend, I started out keeping a good distance but had talked with a couple that recovered (no masks on anyone). Then I partied all night with some old friends and got pretty drunk. I regretted it the following morning and for a couple days as I recovered from the hang over. We must be vigilant, now more than ever and it only gets harder to do the longer this goes on.
edit on 3-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No #, they're just not the superspreaders they were made out to be. You're still shedding the virus but if you're not having coughing fits or vomiting on people you're still less likely to spread it.

After this social guy who had been cooped up decided he was going to a barbecue he had no need to go anywhere else to prep for the barbecue? He only went to the barbecue? And we know he contracted it from the asymptomatic person, there are no other possibilities?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A symptomatic is NOT the same thing as PREsymptomatic.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Do asymptomatic people ever get sick?

I never hear stories about people who catch it and it's mild like a cold. I hear this asymptomatic thing alot. Do some people, many people? Never get ill at all and spread it around?

Yeah, that has been all over the news for months. I'm not going to post links but there are articles about it from CNN to NPR to one of the other thousand links that come up on a search and it ranges from 50% to 75% being asymptomatic.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
no that is not what I said at all........asymptomatic people can spread covid......follow up the guy who had covid but no symptoms at that party may have initially had symptoms..but obviously he must have been exposed at some earlier point and was told to get tested....He not only called mr Macia but all the others at that barbecue to tell them that he had the virus and to go get tests. 12 other people at that barbecue tested positive

they have not died......but who did THEY expose in the meantime

this is mr macias dfacebook message he died one day later

“This is no joke. If you have to go out wear a mask and practice social distancing. Don’t be a f---ing idiot like me,” he wrote. “Hopefully with God’s help I’ll be able to survive this.”

Macias died one day after sharing his post.

originally posted by: Vector99

OMG SOMEONE DIED, WE SHOULD ALL PANIC!!!

edit on 3-7-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
the asymtomatic guy tested positive and knew it before going to this barbecue.....after Mr Macias got sick HE (the asymptomatic guy) called Mr Macias and Told him he was asymptomatic and went to the party thinking he could not infect anyone beause he had no symptoms

originally posted by: Jason79
How do we know only one sick person attended this event? Maybe another person appeared to be healthy after treating their 'allergies" that "really wasn't covid19".

Also, the "victim" knew he had extra risk factors and chose to attend, that is 100% on him.

Again, I would like to raise the same point and questions since your comments didn't address them at all.

How do we know "asymptomatic friend" was the only sick person there? Was everyone tested beforehand?

If everyone wasn't test how do we know somebody self treating for allergies is not actually sick and his symptoms are actually him/her spreading the virus?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

There was a person there who had covid 19 and this person KNEW they had it but they didn't tell anyone because they had no symptoms and thought they couldn't give it to anyone.....

How did the person know he/she had Covid-19 if he/she was not displaying symptoms? Irrespective, it's crass ignorance or plain selfishness to knowingly spread Covid-19.

Asymptomatic does not mean you are not a carrier of the disease.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How does one get tested if they have no symptoms?? I don't get that, I believe this is just fear mongering and the guy who had an uncompromised immune system should not have gone out, period. Was he wearing a mask?

In my state if you have no symptoms, they won't test you and if do get tested they require you have symptoms, and you get a doctor's referral.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer
How does one get tested if they have no symptoms?? I don't get that, I believe this is just fear mongering and the guy who had an uncompromised immune system should not have gone out, period. Was he wearing a mask?

In my state if you have no symptoms, they won't test you and if do get tested they require you have symptoms, and you get a doctor's referral.

I find the story a little shaky in other respects.
For all we know, Mr. Macias May have had the virus before he went to the party.
A person may have been at the party with a fever for all we know.
What gets me with the way this virus has been handled is that the health officials don’t seem to know anything for certain at this point.... when the virus has been around and (one would hope, anyway) STUDIED for months and months now.
Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask. Six feet of distance is a must, but don’t worry if you have seven feet of distance in a room with central air conditioning that is recirculating all the air in the room several times in a half hour?!?
There are no standards for the masks you’re MANDATED to wear by the Governor in my state, so wrapping a pair of fishnet stocking around your face is acceptable.
But if you bring up the point that a cloth mask does not filter out the virus, they say ‘Oh we know that, but the mask is not for your protection, it is to protect others from you.’
So a virus floating in the air on a micro particle of water vapor will not be stopped by my mask... but somehow my same mask will stop micro particles of water vapor laden with virus when I cough or sneeze? Mind you, a sneeze propels those particles at speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour.

They are the health officials that banned visitors from going into nursing homes (smart move) but they are the same officials that forced nursing homes to accept COVID positive patients ( really stupid and inexcusable move).

Doesn’t anyone see how screwed up this BS operation is?
edit on b000000312020-07-03T12:01:42-05:0012America/ChicagoFri, 03 Jul 2020 12:01:42 -05001200000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Since when do we just blindly believe there is a virus that acts like no other virus before by infecting people but not making them sick? You get a cold, you get sick. You have the flu, you get sick. Suddenly we have this magic bullet virus that gives you cold symptoms, flu symptoms, could cause skin rash, could cause athletes foot, could attack your brain, could attack your organs, or could do absolutely nothing and give you no symptoms. Tell me the last time you had a cold or flu but didn't get sick. That's not how viruses work. Is anyone ever going to start questioning any of this BS instead of just regurgitating this nonsense that goes against everything we have ever known to be true about viruses. And why are we trusting any of these so called reports of a surge in positive cases? The CDC admitted test were tainted with the virus in the beginning, why are we trusting the results of the tests now? Why are we even trusting the reporting on the virus now?

This thing is so bad, so deadly we have to shut down the world. We supposedly have tons of new people testing positive every day now and yet, deaths are going down, hospitalizations are going down. In a neighboring state of mine they have 67 people in the hospital in the entire state out of over 11,000 positive cases. More people go into the hospital for indigestion than that. Sure as hell doesn't fit the narrative of how dangerous this is. Meanwhile everyone is walking around with masks you can see through thinking they are going to help. Come on people.

Viruses don't survive the heat either. Again, either this is not a virus, or this is a BS magic bullet virus being used to scare and control people for multiple reasons.
edit on 3-7-2020 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Here comes another shocker. Vaccinated people can be carriers too. They might not get it [like the majority of unvaccinated people] but they can still spread it if they came in contact with someone infected.
Two things can happen. You go totally mental about it all and ask everyone to stay indoors forever or....
...you realise that this flu season is over, that 'spikes' stem mainly from more people being out and therefore being tested and that the 'spike' doesn't mean people are dying again, because they are not.
It just means more people are tested and hence you get more false positives to existing corona RNA.

Best to do what we have always done after flu season. Go out, breath in fresh air, stay still more careful but in effect start living normally again. No masks, no restriction. Just common sense and clean hands.

Some people here seem to get off on this flu drama. When it dies down, they dig up dead horses to flog a bit more.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamsession
but we can never know whether we'll among that majority or the few. the virus is a random bullet, this is what makes it more dangerous than it actually could be.

BS. If you take care of yourself, and maintain a healthy immune system, you won't get sick (or will get only mild symptoms)...

If you don't take care of yourself, and are in lousy health - well, you reap what you sow.

Harsh? Maybe, but it is the reality of that thing we call life.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
SOME asymptomatic people will infect others not every asymptomatic person will, they have done a piss poor job of communicating facts during this, and the press has done a worse job communicating the facts they do get so they can "get"trump.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

And masking everyone is only prolonging the inevitable and thereby
compounding the economic disaster. The disease must work thru the
population. So wrecking everyone's life on top of it is what the no
longer credible governors are accomplishing.

Take off your mask America. And stop listening to quacks liars and obvious idiots.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
obviously you did NOT read my post or the article I linked..I said right in the first post that the asymptomactic HAD BEEN TESTED AND IT CAME BACK POSITIVE,,how more clear can I make that.......did he islolate I don't know was not in the article..I did find another article that said the guy had symptoms that went away by the time he went to the party...so he thought he couldn't make anyone sick

someone else there with covid well that is a real long shot........the a symtomatic guy nmust have heard was friend was sick he called mr macias and the other peopleat the party told them all he tested positive had no symptoms went to the barbecue didn't think he could make anyone sick...he told them to get tested 12 others came back positive......I guess he called these people for the heck of it

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

How did they know they were infected unless at some point they had symptoms and tested positive?

If tested and they knew they were sick, how long did they self isolate and did they retest before they came out into the public again?

Certainly this infected asymptomatic person understood the risk they posed to others, esp. those who are at risk, and would have taken precautions like distance, face mask, refusing to shake hands, etc.

I've been to a couple gatherings over last weekend and took needless risks like hitting off a bottle, hugs, and otherwise "old normal" behavior. I'm waiting to see if I get sick now, if I wasn't already back in Feb. Stupid, I know, but it sucks to be loved and a part of a social group and hard to say no after this long lock down.

ETA: Last weekend, I started out keeping a good distance but had talked with a couple that recovered (no masks on anyone). Then I partied all night with some old friends and got pretty drunk. I regretted it the following morning and for a couple days as I recovered from the hang over. We must be vigilant, now more than ever and it only gets harder to do the longer this goes on.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

obviously you did NOT read my post or the article I linked..I said right in the first post that the asymptomactic HAD BEEN TESTED AND IT CAME BACK POSITIVE,,how more clear can I make that.......did he islolate I don't know was not in the article..I did find another article that said the guy had symptoms that went away by the time he went to the party...so he thought he couldn't make anyone sick

someone else there with covid well that is a real long shot........the a symtomatic guy nmust have heard was friend was sick he called mr macias and the other peopleat the party told them all he tested positive had no symptoms went to the barbecue didn't think he could make anyone sick...he told them to get tested 12 others came back positive......I guess he called these people for the heck of it

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Sounds like any of those 12 people could have been the culprit. It's not like there's a time-stamp on when you started carrying it.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
that is not exactly true...my husband and I never smoked liked to have a beer an we would occasionally have a few drinks was always active never took medicine except aspirin always had a good weight never overweight....ate healthy...jogged to the train to go to work.

so my friends husband life long alcoholic, extreme anxiety poor eater life long smoker diabetic but bitched and complained about have to prick his fingers to test his blood sugar so he wouldn't. he was on prescription high blood pressure medication..had back problems and NEVER exercised, very inactive

the first appointment I went with my husband it was on the 3rd floor we always take the stairs..I had to stop at the top of the 2nd flight to catch my breath for a moment..hubby continued right up to the 3rd floor...that's how good shape he was in when we went to that first appointment for a pain in his side

guess what my husband had cancer and died 3 months later....friends husband with all the life long bad habits lived another 7 years and he didn't die of cancer...I would have bet money my friends husband would be the first to go

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: jamsession
but we can never know whether we'll among that majority or the few. the virus is a random bullet, this is what makes it more dangerous than it actually could be.

BS. If you take care of yourself, and maintain a healthy immune system, you won't get sick (or will get only mild symptoms)...

If you don't take care of yourself, and are in lousy health - well, you reap what you sow.

Harsh? Maybe, but it is the reality of that thing we call life.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

that is not exactly true...my husband and I never smoked liked to have a beer an we would occasionally have a few drinks was always active never took medicine except aspirin always had a good weight never overweight....ate healthy...jogged to the train to go to work.

Define 'ate healthy'. Jogging is extremely unhealthy (yes, it is, believe it or not).

'It ain't what we know that gets us in the end, it's what we think we know that just ain't so.'

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Upon further study, the World Health Organization has determined that covid-19 does not spread from someone who is asymptomatic.

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join