It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About transferring the term "Black Lives Matter" to Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: alldaylong

What a stupid thing!

I don’t know who writes these fakes. Just come to Russia and make up your mind about it

Well let’s be honest here.
Russia’s state controlled media isn’t exactly known for their fair and balanced Approach to news coverage.

I was watching RT in the Uk last night ,Ben stone Jesse Ventura all members and guests here

Maybe we should shake them down for some cash

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

First, you didn’t answer any of those questions.
How would your government react to rioters in Moscow pulling down statues of Lenin?

Second...
I have seen many clips of original Russian broadcasts but I am also dependent on the translation since I don’t speak Russian. Their official releases are definitely sanitized.

Don’t take this as an attack on the Russian people.
I have great respect for the population.
Not so much respect for your government or its history.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

a reply to: alldaylong

What a stupid thing!

I don’t know who writes these fakes. Just come to Russia and make up your mind about it

Well if you actually bothered to read the BBC report the information they are quoting was compiled by The Moscow Protestant Chaplaincy.

It makes you feel better to think it fake, then so be it.

And then we have the racism against Black players in Russian football.

As a black football player who was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Bryan Idowu knows all about racism in Russia. He's dealt with it on the streets and on the field, and could be playing in Russia's World Cup next month for Nigeria

www.nbclosangeles.com...

Strange, priests of the Russian Orthodox Church serving in the USA speak very well of America and people. But almost any Protestant or Mormon priest serving in Russia will certainly throw mud over my country. And then you feel like the Russians don't like them

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: American-philosopher

I have been studying American society for a very long time. In theory. But practice is not available to me and seems irrational and unreal, unfortunately

Are you not admitting guilt of the very thing you are accusing Americans of doing?
Our country is not exactly the Wild West it’s been portrayed to be.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

First, you didn’t answer any of those questions.
How would your government react to rioters in Moscow pulling down statues of Lenin?

Second...
I have seen many clips of original Russian broadcasts but I am also dependent on the translation since I don’t speak Russian. Their official releases are definitely sanitized.

Don’t take this as an attack on the Russian people.
I have great respect for the population.
Not so much respect for your government or its history.

Firstly: I am also not a native speaker of English, I read the Western media in the translation of Google or Yandex. I can’t say how the Russian government will react to a hypothetical situation that is not possible in Russia for natural reasons. I'm not a science fiction writer

Secondly: I read not only American mainstream media, but also alternative ones. The ability to think critically and draw conclusions from many sources of information is a hallmark of modern man. I have great respect for the people of the West, but often I do not understand them. This is normal, we have something to mutually enrich each other

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have been studying American society for a very long time. In theory. But practice is not available to me and seems irrational and unreal, unfortunately

Are you not admitting guilt of the very thing you are accusing Americans of doing?

I don't blame anyone for anything. I just do not understand.
I will say one thing for sure - I will kneel only in front of my mother, my regimental flag and God in the temple. I will not stand before anyone else

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You may of not had blacks but you did have Slavs and Poles and other people groups who you all consider sub human.Uncle Joe killed millions sent millions to the Gulags, so you all don't have clean hands.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I will say one thing for sure - I will kneel only in front of my mother, my regimental flag and God in the temple. I will not stand before anyone else

I’m in agreement on this one.
I will kneel to no man.

As for your understanding.
I have heard this before about Asian cultures.
Unless you live in a culture for many years you will never fully understand.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I doubt the black lives matter movement would translate well to a country where no lives matter once they piss off the government and the oligarchs who control them.

America doesn’t want that type of authoritarianism. Well, about 60% of us don’t anyway.

Thank you for a great example of Western propaganda.

Russia is paint on rust, and has been for ages. Which is why they put so much time and effort into winning the information war. The liberal hellhole called California that people on this forum paint as a mad max wasteland has an 80% bigger economy than the whole of Russia.

Russia is what happens when mobsters become legitimized as government. It’s what Republicans are working towards in this country. And they use the same propaganda techniques that were developed by Russia to make people believe it isn’t so while doing everything to take away the safeguards in place that keep authoritarianism at bay. But I’m sure that’s just coincidence.

Ever read The Foundations of Geopolitics by Alexander Dugin? He’s a Russian author I’m sure you’re very familiar with.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Most rational people are the same.
Same with most irrational ones.
The key features of tyrants are also all the same.
Also those subjugated.

There are certain features of civilization that took many thousands of years to develop.

edit on 00000061243612America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

As opposed to the USA’s state controlled media ?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

You may of not had blacks but you did have Slavs and Poles and other people groups who you all consider sub human.Uncle Joe killed millions sent millions to the Gulags, so you all don't have clean hands.

You will be surprised, but the Poles are bright Slavs. Only they were forced to convert to Catholicism. Even in terms of language, we perfectly understand each other.

Even more surprised when you find out that General Eisenhower destroyed more Germans in concentration camps than "Uncle Joe" the traitors of Russia in the "Gulag". Even if you look at the official statistics, you will see that in the USA there were more prisoners and executions. than in the USSR under Stalin. The same trend exists now.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I doubt the black lives matter movement would translate well to a country where no lives matter once they piss off the government and the oligarchs who control them.

America doesn’t want that type of authoritarianism. Well, about 60% of us don’t anyway.

Thank you for a great example of Western propaganda.

Russia is paint on rust, and has been for ages. Which is why they put so much time and effort into winning the information war. The liberal hellhole called California that people on this forum paint as a mad max wasteland has an 80% bigger economy than the whole of Russia.

Russia is what happens when mobsters become legitimized as government. It’s what Republicans are working towards in this country. And they use the same propaganda techniques that were developed by Russia to make people believe it isn’t so while doing everything to take away the safeguards in place that keep authoritarianism at bay. But I’m sure that’s just coincidence.

Ever read The Foundations of Geopolitics by Alexander Dugin? He’s a Russian author I’m sure you’re very familiar with.

With this your position. I can only say one thing. As the Russians say, if you are a man, then come to us and try to destroy us.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It is a shame what happened to those white Russians after WW2 and what Britain did ,There was a Russian gentleman a fine mechanic he was in my family who managed to stay and marry a local woman , My Aunt married his son ,But when the Russian fishing ships appeared in NW Scotland in the yearly 1970s that old man got very very afraid and would shout to turn the car around

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I will kneel to no man.

Russian culture is not Asian. Russia is a separate civilization. The faster the West understands this, the faster we will find a common language

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

It is a shame what happened to those white Russians after WW2 and what Britain did ,There was a Russian gentleman a fine mechanic he was in my family who managed to stay and marry a local woman , My Aunt married his son ,But when the Russian fishing ships appeared in NW Scotland in the yearly 1970s that old man got very very afraid and would shout to turn the car around

War is always full of tragedies. Our duty is to remember them and draw conclusions for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Wish i could live in Russia..

Want a pet bear in my backyard.

Only one thing that i don`t like about it..
The systematic destruction of all those native languages that are spoken there.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I will kneel to no man.

Russian culture is not Asian. Russia is a separate civilization. The faster the West understands this, the faster we will find a common language

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that you just didn't understand what I was saying.

Obviously Russians are not Asians.
My point was that the only way to truly understand a culture is to live in that culture for a long time.

We have the same issue here with just urban and rural citizens. Totally different cultures.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
a reply to: Bluntone22

As opposed to the USA’s state controlled media ?

Yes..
Loads of independent media in the USA.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Utter pc nonsense filled with marxist propaganda.

Had to chuckle though that you tried to make the Republicans out to be the authoritarians. lulz

Fact is that normal Americans who actually support our country/Constitution have a hell of a lot more in common with Russia's people than we do the people who praise the EU, China and woke politics ie Globalism.

It is no wonder the Democrat party and RINO's try so hard to demonize Russia for doing nothing more than to stand up for their own sovereignty and to survive the globalist plague?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join