It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Wave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So, like I stated back before this whole thing really took off. I very rarely ever get sick, and when I do get to feeling sick it's usually because of allergies.

So, around the time this all started I got sick. Sick as a dog. I took some time off from work because they were giving everyone two weeks paid time off. So, I figured why not. I got over it in a few days, and enjoyed doing some things around the house. So, during the second week my curiosity led me to call into a hospital and a walk in clinic. I asked them what I should do if I felt I had Covid-19. The walk-in clinic told me that if I felt that I was in dire need of medical attention to go to the hospital. The hospital told me that unless I felt like I was about to die to just sit tight at home.

Well, here I am taking a few months off from work to help my dad out and I started feeling like ass again. I started feeling under the weather about a week ago, but since I was already chillin at home I didn't think much about it.

I'm already feeling better, but I'm half tempted to call back in to see if I can get tested for #s and giggles.

I really want to know if I have in fact at some point contracted the virus, possibly twice, and gotten over it twice.

What say you all? Think I should do it?

Edit:

If this gets 100,000 stars I'll do it

edit on 2662020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

First you need to seek help to get over such a serious star addiction !

Cough, cough ahhh choooo !!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Call your doctor instead of going straight to the hospital.

Your doctor will order tests. Then you'll know how to deal with it.

It could be something else.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I just thought it would be funny to add.

Couldn't really care less about the stars to be honest.

I think they should add that to the symptoms though, because both times I felt ill I felt really tired, and every single time I would stand up I would get light headed and see stars.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well yeah, that's what I said.

And it could indeed be something else. I need to call the VA and schedule a medical visit anyways. I've been putting that off.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

You lived through whatever it is you had. Count your blessings and leave medical records out of it. My two cents.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   

You may have very well got the virus.
I have gotten it twice different strains.second time not to bad but man the first one had me on my ass. Could barely breathe let alone walk. Legs felt like jelly and food was out of the question. Supplements and lots of water was all I could do.
Best of luck but in regards to getting tested for antibody don’t waste your time. Half of the results are false reading despite what you may read online.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I don't think it's a good idea to involve bureaucracy in one's life unnecessarily.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Very true, and the main reason why I haven't got tested. I don't want it biting me in the ass down the road somehow with insurance or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thanks you all! You have done a great job reminding me that it's not worth it.

Well, the OO was mostly in jest, but still. I didn't really want to get tested anyways.

I prefer to keep swabs in my guns and not my brain lol
edit on 2662020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

That's probably because your lungs aren't processing as much oxygen as normal which can cause BP fluctuations. One thing I've never understood is why people don't have A. A trauma first aid kit, B. Pulse Oxymeter, C. BP monitor. With that you can monitor enough to know when it's time to hit the ER.

I had a corona virus (lungs, very similar to this version) in 2012 that put me in isolation for 3 months - my heart seized once and stopped twice and I've had this one with the mild symptom version. It's nothing to be complaisant with because the symptoms vary so much from person to person.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Idk. My last medical visit they did scan of my chest, and everything looked perfect. If I'm getting a lack of oxygen it's not my lungs.

Honestly, overall I've been feeling better than I have since getting out of the miliary. My last medical exam was back in January. I got a full body MRI, X-ray, EEG, and EKG.

Other than a few minor things I'm good to go.

I think it's just because I'm getting older to be honest. I could probably stretch more.

I didn't mean to come across as ignorant as you may believe. I was trying to be light hearted.

For you, I feel for you. I hope you are okay.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
My chest has been hurting for about 2 weeks now, and I'm a bit short of breath.
I had a bout of total fatigue for 2 weeks back in March where I wasn't able to get out of bed.

It sounds similar in a way, at least with the two periods.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Are you taking any supplements to boost your amune system?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

i wouldnt, have you seen the test? they stab you thru the nose into the back of your throat with a q-tip...like those carnies do with a nail and hammer....

health.ucdavis.edu...

im good. lol

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I take multivitamins on days where I don't eat as varied of a diet as I normally do, but I mean nothing special.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

I've had worse done to me. By my own hands no less. But, yeah I wouldn't do it either.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Do you get plenty of out door sun light? If not vitamin D and zinc.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Yep. I'm outside quite often.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well, I took Cipro in '02. Unbelievably, I had Anthrax and the cure for that is as bad as the infection.

And the virus pretty much finished what that started. The thing is (was) is that there are lot of associated issues that happen with one of these viruses. The virus itself isn't really the main issue, it's the side effects that it produces. That kind of infection in the lungs when they fill with fluid also means that the mitochondrial sack around your heart also fills with fluid which causes a lot of strain on the entire pulmonary system which can lead to major damage if not taken care of.

When I first knew something was wrong, I had a seizure that caused a cramp so severe across my chest, shoulders and back that it separated one shoulder and fractured a vertebrae in my neck which severed my Vagus nerve. The Vagus nerve is the connection between the heart and brain which in me no longer exists so my heart does whatever it wants. When I talk for any length of time, the Vagus nerve gets excited which sends my heart nuts which cuts of the blood supply which causes headaches and fainting. Fun stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join