It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are UFOs an Unsolvable Puzzle?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
For all the years that UFOlogy has tried to understand the UFO/ET phenomenon, we haven’t really figured much out.

Time, money, resources, lives and more have been thrown at this subject. Yet, nothing. UFOs haven’t landed, we haven’t found them, haven’t gone to mars, haven’t discovered exotic propulsion methods, official government narrative is the same - nothing.

So are we just chasing a proverbial ghost here? It’s the UFO/ET phenomenon truly an unsolvable puzzle?

I’m starting to think that it is. Or rather, If you do solve it, three letter (or no letter?) agencies seem to enjoy getting involved. Certainly won’t let you share it. So we don’t know about it.

Maybe I just find some hope of a better future in the idea of ETs or UFO during the sh!t blizzard we’re dealing with in society, globally. Maybe I’m just bummed that there hasn’t been much action on this front of late. But I’m starting to give up.

If I had to bucket where people stand on UFOs/ETs right now... those buckets could be:

1. Skeptical and 100% do not believe in UFOs or ETs.
2. Skeptical but want to believe.
3. Believe and try to be skeptical
4. Believe fully.

I find myself at one point being a 4 and ending up at about a 2.5. That’s probably because I’ve watched a lot of documentaries, read the archives here, cruised the web for hours and hours on this subject and I have no more closure than I did when I started.

So while I still have belief, I’m starting to think I’m chasing nothing - but based on what I’ve absorbed I can’t say it’s nothing... frustrating.

What say any of you? Are we chasing nothing on this subject or am I just needing to have my belief restored!

edit on 22-6-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
UFO 100% are proven to exist, it's just no one really knows what they are.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The technology for UFOs we already know & haven't decided to use those crafts as of yet.
As for the inhabitants, they are our fellow Human brothers and sisters, that in the future have left Earth, found a new home, grew all the way up, then at the end of the Universe, came back around, and have been staring us in the face the whole time. Some of them are not entirely Human, but came from Earth long long ago from their perspectives, and from our perspective haven't happened yet because we have yet to get out into space and spread our germs all over the place, so that they can grow up elsewhere and return back to Earth.

It is this ^^^ scenario that you are and have been, since forever, witnessing the whole time. As many have said before, "There are NO aliens." If you knew that all creatures out in the Universe came from and made it out of one single "Toroid", created their own toroids, solar systems, and galaxies, then you'd realize that there really are no Aliens and that there are only Earthlings in many different forms, not just Humans.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Many UFO reports have been solved. The vast majority in fact.

The rest? There is a wide assumption that all unidentifiables have some common origin. In a way, there is. There is not enough data to identify them. But when it gets down to it, there is no reason to attribute them all to anything one thing (like ET, for example).

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The vast majority may have indeed been solved, but we are here for the residue.

Cases like westall, ruwa zimbabwe and many others. That and the journey this whole phenomenon sends you

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I love the puzzle!
I have had contact, before, that's why I know they are real.
Real what though, is the big question for me.
And you're correct that the Alphabet Groups hide All
The Information....
They suck!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I’m a 4. Not much is going to change that.

Hell, I might be a 4.5 - 5 after watching Unacknowledged. Obviously it’ll suck if a UFO flies around destroying places, but what’ll suck more is that I’ll actually be questioning if it’s a false flag or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The puzzle is pretty clear.

If we see a craft from Queen Azibilia who is the 3rd in line in the Reich that is lasting 12 Millennia over 4 galaxies in the 4th alternate universe in the Z-leg of the fractal in the broken free time-shifted dimension it is not an UFO as we identified it.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Be careful of what you wish for!!

The whole “experience”, even when partially repressed is very traumatic. Part of it is the whole other world nature of it (you are a moth pinned to cork board... if you are scared or in pain... well, it is the same as burning ants with a magnifying glass (Whitley Strieber’s account is pretty spot on, “What can we do to make you stop screaming?” Thank god I got the “wand” in the middle of my forehead and was “out” for the several encounters because I think I would be screaming too! Actually, I kind of was afterwards. Like a nervous breakdown..: true “fight or flight” but knowing that they were outside. Me, in tears, sweating, heart racing, slamming shut all doors to all bedrooms in the house... so much for the macho notion of, “If I were abducted I would [do nothing of the previous thoughts. Most likely pee yourself when it does happen]...”

An alien “thing” [creature seems too generous for a deep, uncaring being ignoring your screams! And there you lie with no control of your body and your mind being screwed with (I totally fear owls [to my bowels!! LOL]), to know exist is one thing but to have absolutely no control...

That is the crux. If the Others can control what you see then why trust the government?? The Church? Big Oil?? Multinational corporations??? Your own eyes when when some triangle lights... or the tale shared on the internet???
The answer may be more real than you thought. And question your sense of self. To achieve real change takes effort.

Will it be internal or external??

-Selah
edit on 22-6-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fin de thought

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is a topic that is stuck deep in the swamp, the implications for national security when nuclear missile silos get taken off line and our best jets cannot touch some of them has taken precedence over any ascensions of public disclosure and a more real world understanding of our place in this this universe. With all the fake news going on today is the tail wagging the dog?

What is up with those foo fighters during the Vietnam war? Was Roswell a UfO or a balloon? Now more recently the Navy releases a patent on electrogravitics and high energy production, does mke one go hmmm... I will put my money on reverse engineering.

Looking into crop circles does provide some hope on a more intelligent species out there somewhere. With Martyn Stubbs tapping into the NASA feed and highlighting those firefly's, what is that all about? When trying to understand UFO's and crack this case Spock said it best, 'There is life Jim, but not as we know it.'

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You know I agree with you 100 percent.

What UFO researchers rarely take into consideration is the reality that no proof of UFOs or ETs has been forthcoming. Sure, just like religious experiences, many have claimed they have had ET or UFO experiences. So they are precisely on the level of personal spiritual experiences and not even close to any kind of universal acceptance or verifying the fact of ufos and ETs.

My point is that that in itself is an interesting phenomenon that should be taken into consideration in judging the Alien/ET/Ufo reality.

What does that tell us?

That if there is a fact of Ufos, then they truly are very adept at evasion and one can draw an analogy to religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My pet theory these days is that reality has a lot going on that our monkey brains just can't comprehend. Yeah, we tell ourselves that we're pretty smart but only because we're probably too dumb to know just how potentially smart it's possible to be.

So UFOs to us could be like taxes to a cat. There are physical manifestations, like a cat would see income tax forms and blocks on a computer screen, but a cat will never understand the complex conceptual interconnections that give "taxes" meaning to us.

So do taxes exist? Sure. But not to a cat. What do UFOs mean to us, besides unidentified? Who knows? We try to associate them with concepts we think we understand, like "aliens," but we honestly can't even make that connection. We're seeing something, but just might not be intelligent enough to give it any meaning beyond that.

And then we die.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Unsolvable? No, I don't think so, but I believe that we are not advanced enough -scientifically- to "crack" the mystery. I think that as scientific knowledge advances, at some point we'll make some breakthrough discovery that will make us see the phenomenon in a new light and understand it.

Maybe we could decipher it if there were more serious studies done, but we all know that not many serious scientists or investigators work on the topic, both because the risk of being ridiculed and because the phenomenon is so elusive that it's very hard to actually do a scientific study on it.

So hopefully, someday, as our scientific knowledge advances, we will be able to decipher it. I hope.

Of course, maybe there are already crafts and bodies stored somewhere and someone already knows the truth

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
UFO 100% are proven to exist, it's just no one really knows what they are.

Abductee here...yes we do know what they are and who is flying them....your Governments just refuse to tell you.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The UFO question was resolved the moment that the story of Betty and Barny Hill was published.

They're nuts and bolts ships piloted by space aliens. this has been confirmed over and over again by people seeing the same type of ship piloted by the same type of alien, doing the same type of thing.

Science is all about replicatability, and these events have been replicated over and over again for decades.

Sure, some people don't believe this, but people also don't believe that the world is round. You just can't convince them. Just look at all of the silly conspiracies surrounding 5G phone masts or vaccines and autism.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
For all the years that UFOlogy has tried to understand the UFO/ET phenomenon, we haven’t really figured much out.
One thing we've figured out is we've had too much confidence the the observations of reliable eyewitnesses.

People try to pretend we haven't learned anything about that, but we have, like the Yukon case, one of the top ten best UFO cases ever with multiple witnesses of a giant mothership.

Yukon UFO "Mothership" Incident: December 11th, 1996

originally posted by: jkrog08
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47497427bbd9.jpg[/pressimg]
Courtesy: www.ufobc.ca...

Hynek Classification: CE1

This is a great case I want to present to everyone. This case involves over 30 eyewitnesses and plenty of documentation of what appears to be a massive UFO that appeared over the Klondike Highway in the Yukon Territory of Canada on December 11th, 1996. If you already know of this case then feel free to add anything of value, I am going to try and cover everything though.
This incident took place in three separate towns along the 134 mile length of the Klondike Highway in Yukon Territory, Canada. The reported size of the semi-spherical UFO is over a mile in diameter, or bigger than a football stadium. Again, there were over 30 witnesses(22 interviewed so far) to this unbelievable event which all concurred on the size of the craft, as well the shape, and all other important facts. Before I start I would like to give courtesy and thanks to the site ufobc.ca and the investigator Martin Jasek, for extensively documenting this case in the way ALL UFO cases should be done.

A large portion of the unsolved UFO cases rely primarily on eyewitness accounts, and there are broadly two types of people:
-Those who have figured out even "reliable" eyewitness accounts are unreliable
-Those who haven't figured out even "reliable" eyewitness accounts are unreliable

For people will in the second category, the Yukon case should have been a wake-up call. The Kiev case is similar since we never would have figured out what these UFOs were from these eyewitness drawings, but contrary to the OP statement "we haven't learned anything", some of us have, because we know what these witnesses saw now:

originally posted by: IMSAM
a reply to: Phage

The vast majority may have indeed been solved, but we are here for the residue.

Cases like westall, ruwa zimbabwe and many others. That and the journey this whole phenomenon sends you
What, if anything, is really different about the residue? They rely heavily on eyewitness accounts? And remember, the Yukon case was part of the residue that made some "top 10 UFO" lists, in fact it's still the residue on this youtube channel that's still promoting it as one of the most amazing UFO sightings ever:

Thirty Witnesses See The Largest Craft Ever Registered In A UFO Report | Close Encounters

Feb 11, 2020
In December 1996, in the Yukon region of Canada, more than 30 witnesses saw a giant UFO 4 times the size of a football stadium.

So that's still the residue on youtube! Read the comments, many people still have no idea what it is and they would never know by relying on eyewitness accounts.

The thing none of us wants to admit is that our perceptions can be so flawed, but I think the Yukon case illustrates that is a big part of the heart of UFOlogy.

The most laughable claim of all is that pilots make good witnesses, but when we see the video this pilot actually captured, that he says "defied the laws of physics", we can see how unreliable pilots can be too (there are other examples) since there is nothing in his video defying the laws of physics.

Navy Pilot Who Filmed the ‘Tic Tac’ UFO Speaks: ‘It Wasn’t Behaving by the Normal Laws of Physics’

That video and pilot statement about it right there answers a lot of your question about UFOs, but many people will never figure that out. They will continue to believe "reliable" eyewitnesses like that man, saying that ‘It Wasn’t Behaving by the Normal Laws of Physics’, but when we look at his video which "proves" that, we see that it absolutely WAS behaving by the normal laws of physics, thus demonstrating how "reliable" eyewitnesses, even highly trained pilots, are not "reliable".

Once you follow the inevitable conclusion of these findings, and discount eyewitness observations to apply the weight to them which research shows is justified (not much), what have we got left? Not much.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You have to see a real saucer close up with beings looking at you to know just how real they are.

It doesn't answer all the questions in one's mind, but it really puts things in perspective.

Once you see it and know, there is no going back. Except for telling folks online, don't tell your friends or neighbors if you ever see something like that. They won't believe you mostly. To me there is no puzzle. We have visitors, so what's the big deal? Human arrogance is what it is.
Curiosity is a trait that exists everywhere, not just on Earth.
It's happened to thousands of people, but it is a pointless thing to worry about.

edit on 23-6-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Its all tied up with the religious stuff / books out there, pretty much the same really. We are the Amazon Indians to the UFOs, we want to attempt to preserve their pre contact society so sit back and just watch them develop. Them ships above us, monitor us like a game reserve, indeed we are mere cows down below and just like the cow it moos and waits for the farmer who milks it then returns them to the field. The farmer is a mystery even more so those shipe flying over (we call planes) and the 4 x 4s on the horizon going over the horizon roads, they remain a total mystery but they are there and the cows see them occasionally but they just do there thing which is what they do just like what we do, eat, moo, get milked, return to the field, moo, then sleep, then repeat, fairly oblivious to things buzzing above them

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I believe they have the ability to create their own laws of physics for whatever they want to do where we have to work with what we got.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Potentially, yes, the mysteries of UFO sightings have persisted well over numerous lifetimes, and potentially could over many more.

However, when you discover stories of skeptical pilots, who after having an encounter with the truly unknown, which is powerful enough to turn them into outspoken and serious believers, you do have to stop for a moment and wonder why

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join