It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading Stabbings: 3 feared dead...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Police have arrested a man at the scene of stabbings in Reading in which three people are feared dead and two are in critical care in hospital.
A source told the Telegraph there were three individuals declared dead at the scene and two transferred to the emergency department of Royal Berkshire Hospital, where they are receiving resuscitation.

Police are holding a man in custody and officers are understood to be treating the incident as a random attack. Thames Valley Police said: "A number of people sustained injuries and were taken to hospital. A police cordon is in place in Forbury Gardens as officers investigate. We are asking the public to avoid the area at this time."

Reading Stabbings: 3 feared dead...

Sad day in the UK. 😢

Apparently there may have been up to twelve people attacked in the incident(social media) but news reports are sketchy at this time.

There was a protest at the location earlier in the day but organisers have stated that the incident is unrelated and everyone (protesters) got home safely.

Prayers for everyone affected by this and I hope the wounded make a solid recovery.

Possibly related incident:twitter.com...

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If the media reports the Police are treating it as a random incident, then it's most likely not.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

To Bad the Native Britons are not allowed by Law to Own Personal Firearms . It would Solve a lot of your Problems there today through Organized Deterrence of Rebellions .

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I guess murders and stabbings are rare in the United Kingdom.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: encryptedcake

I would bet 5 pounds, it means it’s a person of color who went all stabbie

If it was a white person it would be a terrorist attack

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sure, the big difference would have been that lots more would have been shot dead instead of three people being stabbed to death.

I understand that UK style gun laws would not work in the USA.....why can't you understand that US style gun laws would only make things worse here in the UK and we don't want them?

My condolences to all those affected.

I know someone who lives in Reading but we haven't been in touch with each other for quite a while now.
I'll try and get in touch with him and see if he knows anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Not really but much like in the United States, they aren't really reported in the news if they happen in "the hood".

Add to that the BLM protest earlier in the day, the MSM are salivating.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

To Bad the Native Britons are not allowed by Law to Own Personal Firearms . It would Solve a lot of your Problems there today through Organized Deterrence of Rebellions .

you're telling Britain about crime? is that NJ in your locash..in America?

compare NJs' crime rate alone with England.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just been declared a terrorist attack on Sky News

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

originally posted by: encryptedcake

If the media reports the Police are treating it as a random incident, then it's most likely not.

I am a prophet...
edit on 20-6-2020 by encryptedcake because: user error

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I understand that UK style gun laws would not work in the USA.....why can't you understand that US style gun laws would only make things worse here in the UK and we don't want them? 

I agree.

I didn't always but I was younger and more naive.

We can own firearms here but unless you own a sh1t load of land then it's pretty pointless.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Quelle surprise.
Libyan.

At least three people have died after being stabbed in a serious incident in a park in Reading, sources say.

Security sources have told the BBC a man arrested at the scene is thought to be Libyan.

Police and security services are looking at terror as a possible motivation for the incident.

The attack happened at Forbury Gardens at about 19:00 BST but neither the number of injured or fatalities have been officially confirmed by police.

Thames Valley Police said a man was arrested at the scene and was now in custody.

www.bbc.co.uk...

No joy contacting the guy I know in Reading, think it must be an old number.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Some people are just so obsessed with their own preconceived perspectives.

This isn't about gun control.
Sadly first impressions seem to suggest its yet another disaffected refugee striking out at the foster nation that has taken them in and offered them every opportunity to create a life here in the UK.

I could be wrong; it could be just another senseless killing or there could be any of a number of reasons behind it.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Will Brexit close your borders and prevent invasion?

Are you Brexited yet or are the politicians still dithering?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Part and parcel of living in a big city.

Or parts.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Will Brexit close your borders and prevent invasion?

Not while the government keep allowing migrants to cross the English Channel from France , the French need to step up and sort their border security too.

Are you Brexited yet or are the politicians still dithering?

At the end of this month we're home free , December we leave deal or no deal.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I’m guessing that was sarcastic? 😉 they are rarely reported, only mentioned when there is an agenda. I stopped a knife fight in the small town where I live , outside of a local college , there was definitely 50+ witnesses, the antagonist was carrying a kitchen knife long enough to go all the way through someone, and I was the only person to do anything , the only one to step in, the only one to report to the police and willing to go to court. The perpetrators were white British and it wasn’t about drugs, race or religion. nothing to see , move along.... no news report no nothing, no one cared .

I imagine this is only news because it can be tied in with the protests. ‘Its a sad world we live in.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Neal13 because: Forgot to add the correct propaganda subjects

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

If you strip out gun crime from the figures ,The Brits are 8x more violent than Americans because we are packed in like sardines on this little island then add drink and drugs to the mix and the weekends are fun

Britons are not allowed by Law to Own Personal Firearms ?

I could make a call and get a gun just as easy as in America if i wanted but i have enough tools to clean
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Run for it Marty!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sure, the big difference would have been that lots more would have been shot dead instead of three people being stabbed to death.

My condolences to all those affected.

I know someone who lives in Reading but we haven't been in touch with each other for quite a while now.
I'll try and get in touch with him and see if he knows anything.

Nah just meaning the guy with a knife would have stabbed one or two people instead of 12.

Knife attacks happen all the time in the UK and your government barely trust their own citizens with knives let alone guns. Nanny state
edit on 20-6-2020 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join