It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft Identification Help

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
hai! SwitchbladeNGC
you'd better give us the answer which you showed esp. pic.#17 I really wish to know. everry pic Waynos diven who do can give a correct answer.
what should you do?

It's a Navaho X-10, experimental cruise platform for the planned SM-64 Navaho cruise missiles back in the 50's. That one pictured in 17 first flew 10/14/1953 at Edwards, had at least 3 flights. Held the record at Mach 2.05 for a short time. Now stored at USAFM. Remote controlled, very fast at the time. Couldn't land properly, alot were lost when they veered off the runway.

[edit on 17/3/05 by Templarum]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Once again and from the beginnig

Nr. 1 - Lockheed AH-56 Cheyene
Nr. 2 - MiG 1.44 demonstrator (1.42 is a serial configuration that was never built)
Nr. 3 - Northrop YA-9A (competitor to A-10)
Nr. 4 - Convair B-46
Nr. 5 - Short Shetland (not Sunderland)
Nr. 6 - Sud Aviation Grognard
Nr. 7 - Moscow Aviation Institute Thermoplane (undergoing tests at Uljanovski Avia Industrial Kompeks)
Nr. 8 - North American/MBB X-31 (in tailess configuration)
Nr. 9 - Bell YAH-63 (competitor to Hughes YAH-64 Apache)
Nr. 10 - Bell H-12
Nr. 11 - Hughes XH-28
Nr. 12 - Piasecki H-16 and H-21
Nr. 13 - Sikorsky S-67 Blackhawk (in time proposal after cancellation of AH-56)
Nr. 14 - Sikorsky S-72 RSRA (stopped rotor)
Nr. 15 - Kawasaki C-1 (but equipped with electronic equipment - so it is not exactly C-1 version)
Nr. 16 Flying testbed of what become Dornier Do-31E

But I really do not like this type of quiz.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It has also third page...

Nr. 17 - North American X-10
Nr. 18 - Lippisch P-1
Nr. 19 - Myasischev M-4 modified to carry soviet space shuttle (1
Nr. 20 - Tupolev Tu-123 reconnaissance UAV
Nr. 21 - Pika Jindivik (Flown to eveluate aerodynamics and operating systems. Flown in service from 1950 to 1954. It was the smallest jet aircraft in the world at that time. Developed and made by GAF Australia.)

(1 - for this role was later built Antonov An-225 Mrija. By the way, soviet shuttles are not called Buran. It is only the first production machine. Second was Pitchka, third Bajkal and the names of fourth and fifth were never assigned.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by matej
It has also third page...

Nr. 17 - North American X-10
Nr. 18 - Lippisch P-1
Nr. 19 - Myasischev M-4 modified to carry soviet space shuttle (1
Nr. 21 - Pika Jindivik (Flown to eveluate aerodynamics and operating systems. Flown in service from 1950 to 1954. It was the smallest jet aircraft in the world at that time. Developed and made by GAF Australia.)

(1 - for this role was later built Antonov An-225 Mrija. By the way, soviet shuttles are not called Buran. It is only the first production machine. Second was Pitchka, third Bajkal and the names of fourth and fifth were never assigned.

This is the VM-T Atlant from what I can see.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

ok No. 20 showed two aircrafts. the biger one is Tu-123, what about the closer smaller one?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh I find it is Tu-143. ha ha -

now let's see what are these three? who can realize below, I feel helicopter is few.

Dew

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

ok No. 20 showed two aircrafts. the biger one is Tu-123, what about the closer smaller one?

The smaller is a Tupolev M-141 'Striji' recce drone, taken at Khodynka Field (the larger was known as a 'Jastreb'). I went to this museum last year - the museum was all but closed and everything is in a bit of a sorry state. The old airfield / museum area is being built upon, and the rumour was the aircraft were to be scrapped! Very sad.

[edit on 20/3/05 by Dew]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
the second plane of the first post i think i have seen in an advert on t.v :s it is for the r.a.f, it looks alot like it but i am probably wrong. it is only showed here in the u.k here, obviously cos it is for the u.k, but it looks alot like it

Dew

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyrolot
the second plane of the first post i think i have seen in an advert on t.v :s it is for the r.a.f, it looks alot like it but i am probably wrong. it is only showed here in the u.k here, obviously cos it is for the u.k, but it looks alot like it

I think I have seen the advert you're talking about - it features a Eurofighter / Typhoon - which does reasonably resemble the MiG in that picture (canards, low central intake)

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
you are probably right, does it then say "you dont have to be a pilot, to fly in the r.a.f"?? or summin rubbish like that?

edit: the plane i am tlaking about is the euro fighter, and someone else i know thinks it oculd be that

[edit on 22-3-2005 by spyrolot]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Spy,

Sadly enough it is the best RAF ad in many years.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
the top one of the last two was the loser in the competition for the A-10 warthog. I don't know who makes it, but I do remember that it was one of the competitors for the ground attack aircraft contract being offered at the time. Or an early proto for what became the A-10

You are right! It's a Northrop YA-9 which was the loser of the AX competition. The AX was won by the YA-10, which is now the A-10 Warthog!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ghost,

I have to say that I always preferred the look of the A-9.

Just a matter of preference I guess

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Templarum

hai! SwitchbladeNGC
you'd better give us the answer which you showed esp. pic.#17 I really wish to know. everry pic Waynos diven who do can give a correct answer.
what should you do?

It's a Navaho X-10, experimental cruise platform for the planned SM-64 Navaho cruise missiles back in the 50's. That one pictured in 17 first flew 10/14/1953 at Edwards, had at least 3 flights. Held the record at Mach 2.05 for a short time. Now stored at USAFM. Remote controlled, very fast at the time. Couldn't land properly, alot were lost when they veered off the runway.

No ram-jet intakes in the wing roots. I thought the same thing. Also, didn't the Navaho not have any other power source, other than the booster rocket that it sat on (like the space shuttle?) I was not aware of a navaho being used three times. For the most part, when the cruise missile portion separated from the booster portion....ka-boom. Then, when the cruise missile portion went into a steep dive to start the ram-jets....it just kept on diving, right into the Atlantic. I know of three vehicles that separated successfully, started the ram-jets, and flew to South America and returned to land on the skid strip at Canaveral AFS. 1 actually landed (which caused great jubilation and martini drinking) and the other two FBed. (fireballed).

I had heard that a couple did quite a bit better than mach 2.

-Snark

[edit on 17/3/05 by Templarum]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Still do not think that is a Navaho either. Navaho had skids and not wheels. Perhaps pic #17 is a Regulus for the Navy?

-Snark

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
the second one is a mig 144, look it up on google images.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC

external image
This one looks to be a U-2, but there are some differences. Possibly a variant? [edit on 12-4-2005 by Seekerof]

Convair XB-46 Bomber

Length : 32.2m
Wing Span : 34.5m
Hight : 8.4m
Wing Area : 119.5 Sqare Meter
All-Up Weight : 41,314Kg
Empty Weight : 21,800Kg
Engine : General Electric J35-C-3 Turbojet (1,816Kg) X 4
Max Speed : 877Km/h
Cluse Speed : 700Km/h
Service Ceiling : 13,100m
Crew : 3

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC

Please tell me that this picture is photoshoped and that it isn't a picture of a B-2 breaking the sound barrier.

It's on Edwards AFB official website.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Switch,

It is not photoshopped and it is not a transonic B2. It is an atmospheric anomaly.

Cheers

BHR

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join