It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 25

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Oh, chair dancing time? Cool mon!

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MapOfNowhere

You'll never be posting alone in here Fin. I'll always be here.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

edit on 26-7-2020 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Oh, chair dancing time? Cool mon!

Yes !!
Let's put our chairs, in a socially-distanced circle, and then chair-dance and laugh like crazy fools !

Meet you dere mon.

( Did some chair-dancing tonight, but don't tell !
)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Bahaha!

Confession...so did I.

Finally going out tomorrow for groceries and to run other errands. I didn't get out at all last week. BUT...there is an air quality alert warning thingy, so I might die out there. Wish me well. Going to be extremely hot and humid. One of those days where you can fry an egg on the sidewalk. I'll surely melt into a puddle. You might have to send a rescue crew. Send my dragon Storm, he will whisk me away and bring me home to the Shedlands...the ocean. Yes, the cold beautiful ocean water.

Oh and make sure the pixies have a lot of pistachio ice cream for when I get back. Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ARGH, I'm getting so sick of losing tomatoes on the plants to whatever animal keeps EATING THEM. They seem to favor the grape tomatoes and the beefsteak tomatoes over the Amish Pastes and Cherokee Purples, but god DAMMIT, stop eating my tomatoes!! We even loaded up the planter with the leftover fish tank sand we were storing in a bucket (one of the cats got it open and used it like a litter box....not salvageable for tanks now) It worked, for about a week. The wildlife is back to eating everything again.

Our regular compliment of non-flying wildlife we observe in the yard includes ground squirrels (NOT chipmunks, but they look a lot alike) regular tree squirrels, cottontail rabbits, raccoons, possums, groundhogs, martens (a weasel, at night only) and recently, we've seen deer and a beaver foraging through the back yard (as hubs once said, It's like "a great #ing wildlife safari around here!", all we're missing is the bears)
There's also field mice, but we seldom see them -- they get in the basement on top of the concrete wall blocks in the small gap between them & the house and stay there overnight to stay warm, in the winter on the coldest days and afterward, they disappear til next winter)

I have no idea what animal is responsible here, but they strip what they can from the mid-section of the plants/closer to the bottom-most branches. Once top-growing tomatoes get heavy enough to drop lower, they snag those when they're low enough, too. Furry bastards, hrmph.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Could you set up some chicken wire around the plants? I know, it won't look that beautiful, and i am under the impression that you appreciate beauty.

But at least it could save your crops?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Signed the required health insurance paperwork in the car today to renew my health insurance. Received my new ID card as well. The world is to screwy as you can't even go in the health department for anything. It's almost pointless for it to be there anymore.

Now for the fun part. Today I was told that it would take up to 48 hours for my insurance to go into effect. This will be 6 hours after I need it for my Wednesday appointment. Solution? Get up early tomorrow to make a couple of phone calls to push the issues.

At least I bought some ice cream to help me out.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi NS. Hope you had a great day with your bestie !

We took care of everything here. It was all perfect ! No problems...
Uhhm : Really ?
Well...
Ok: here's what happened:

The pixies got headaches from eating the ice-cream too fast, so LFABL confiscated their ice-cream;
Bally and MON came-by and drank half of the beer;
Nyiah swung-by, along with half of the wild kingdom ( Do we have a Shed cat ? );
Gordi and DoE came and encouraged moi to help him finish the rest of the beer, then they cranked the tunes so loud that one of the speakers blew-out;
Skid Mark and Timely showed-up with 'something homemade', now the pixies are dancing up on top of the bookshelf;

So : other than that: yeah, everything went perfect...

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Just as well, what happens in the shed, stays ... etc.

You can always exclaim; " Me? , Nothin ! "

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: Night Star

Ok: here's what happened:

Bally and MON came-by and drank half of the beer;

"Only half!!!! the beer? Where was the rest???"

No fair! Dammit, I'm losing my sense of free beer detection.

Bally

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Just as well, what happens in the shed, stays ... etc.

You can always exclaim; " Me? , Nothin ! "

Guess I'll put me hand up for the beer but only half dammit......Guess I need a spanking with a riding crop on my bare botty....err, um. chortle.

Bally

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

...Gordi and DoE came and encouraged moi to help him finish the rest of the beer, then they cranked the tunes so loud that one of the speakers blew-out...

My job here is done!
G

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Haha! I guess you guys you have been busy in here.

Sorry, had a busy day today and going out again possibly tomorrow.
Do we have a Shed cat?

This is one of my favorites...

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nyiah Girl, where the hell have you been?

I was going to suggest something like what Fin mentioned. Look at some youtube gardening tips on how to protect your veggies from animals. I'm sure they must have plenty of advice there. Good to see you finally!

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

...Gordi and DoE came and encouraged moi to help him finish the rest of the beer, then they cranked the tunes so loud that one of the speakers blew-out...

My job here is done!
G

No it isn't. You didn't pick up all the beer cans that are lying around. Now the squirrels are getting into what's left in the cans. And...who taught the squirrels how to drink from a straw?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I see it's time to tell the story of the great cast removal.

When ever I have doctor appointments I have trouble sleeping the night before. I was wondering if last night was going to be one of those nights especially after wearing the cast for 6 weeks. Much to my surprise when I laid down I could see that sleep was just around the corner for me.

NOPE, it's not that simple. My male cat decided to "water" the comforter. So up I was placing the comforter in the washing machine. The task of sleeping didn't happen that I'm aware of despite laying back down again. I gave the kitty some of his medicine today in hopes that it will help as I can see he is not feeling well.

The drive to the hospital and back went as well as could be expected of me. I only hit the curb once turning too sharp.

The appointment went somewhat as I expected. First to be done was the removal of the cast. This was important to me as I missed my long lost thumb. X-rays followed this. I guess everything was okay as the doctor then removed the two pins in my wrist. Since this was the first time for damaging my wrist like this I wasn't aware that the road to recover would be longer than expected. I have very limited movement in my thumb and perhaps 80% in the index finger. This means I will be wearing a brace in place of the cast for one month. At least I can take it off as needed. Especially with doing finger exercises to improve mobility.

So back I go in one month to the doctor to see if I'm healed enough to start slapping the protesters and rioters.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
And...who taught the squirrels how to drink from a straw?

Well what can i say? I have too much time and some strange hobbies... But i taught them to drink water from a straw. WATER! i did not think that they would find leftover beers.

Editing: I tried to reply to your PM again, but i am still only allowed to PM to ATS staff.
edit on 29-7-2020 by MapOfNowhere because: Newbie issues

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Yeah the movement thing after a cast removal... I am confident that you will get it back but it will take some time.

My arm broke a couple of years ago and it was in a cast, in a 90 degree angle for 6 weeks or something. Then the cast was removed and the arm was literally just bones and skin
all the muscles were gone and they were tiny to begin with... But i could not straighten my arm. I think it has to do with joint lubrication. If the arm has not been straight for weeks, the joints have dried out and it took time before they functioned again.

Raising my coffee mug for your speedy recovery. It is a process, but you will get there eventually.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MapOfNowhere

Thank you for your well wishes and comparisons. I've broken an ankle before but that was much easier to heal.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join