It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t visit Australia, people are pathetic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Raggedyman

No way man. Not going there.

It's like the old west only worse because no guns.

Also there are kangaroos.

Wise words P. Drop bears and hoop snakes. Cane toads and crocodile.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

LOL, spewin there's none around with two heads at the moment.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I fought a kangaroo once. True story

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Wow . vigilante justice time for sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

And because the law won’t do anything it will be coming for sure, multiplied

Why doesn’t the media say something

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: 99problems99

And because the law won’t do anything it will be coming for sure, multiplied

Why doesn’t the media say something

The girl is the wrong color.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Cool!!!

Then do tomorrow what I'm doing this weekend.

Oh wait...

You are not allowed to.

That Freedoms thing I was talking about....

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
So sad to watch.
I can only assume there was no one capable to step in and help. Or there were no true....(oops, I can't go there)

Was it only a year or so ago when a heap of bystanders took down a crazy with a knife in Sydney?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: harold223
a reply to: Lumenari

I can walk down the street openly drinking a bottle of whiskey, I can sit down and drink wine on a picnic rug in the local park and can pick up a beer from the drive through bottle shop off the ice and drink it whilst driving providing I do not exceed the legal blood alcohol limit. I was told I'd be committing a crime when I tried to do such things when I was visiting in America. Plus they wouldn't let me buy a beer at the baseball in Denver because they didn't recognise my Australian drivers licence. Even when I was 17 I was never asked for ID purchasing alcohol in Australia, which was lucky as I was under age lol. Parents can take their kids out of school for a whole term to travel around the country and that's fine. The teacher will just get them to do a project on it. We're doing fine for freedom over here. And if you drive a few 100km's out in the desert, you can do whatever the hell you want, nobody cares

Where I live you just described an average morning in my town.

America is SEVERAL different states with their own laws.

New York has nothing to do with Montana, for instance.

We never even had a speed limit outside of towns until recently here.

When enough Californians moved here to elect a Democratic governor.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Australia's good, but New Zealands better..

.. NZ has a no d*ckhead policy but.. so most of us are screwed!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Them girls were very lucky no drunken Aussies were walking by while this happened.

Dutch Courage = Aussie Courage, just take a look at the Cronulla Riots.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I've travelled all over America. Had a blast. But I wouldn't live there for the world. I'd rather live somewhere where you have the freedom to live a comfortable existence above the poverty line with a single minimum wage job, and where I don't get hasted by homeless beggars and panhandlers. I'd rather live somewhere where I won't get billed for my visit to the ER and where I know I won't become a homeless pandhandler if I lose my job. I'd rather live somewhere where I don't feel the need to keep my hands on the steering wheel when I get pulled over by the police because the police are not in fear that I might pull a gun on them.

Freedom is relative - there are different kinds of freedom (was something I remember saying to a friend while I was in America funnily enough)
edit on 18-6-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: daaskapital
Melbourne's a hellhole, but it's still better than everything the USA has to offer.

Don't confuse Democrat-run cities in America with the majority of America.

I have a lot more freedoms than any normal citizen in Australia, for instance.

But keep your ignorance on!

It seems oddly fitting on you.

Not everything comes down to blue or red, lol. Something tell's me your're ignorant of the freedoms possessed by Australians.

I'm not blue or red... I'm an Independent that is currently thinking that Trump would be a good choice for this year because blue currently sucks.

As for the freedoms currently possessed by Australians...

This weekend I'm hosting a party. Not a big party... it's going to be about 80 people.

The local Sheriff and some deputies are coming out too because they really like my shooting range... 700 yard targets, a separate (to the right!) 25 yard and 50 yard target set for pistols.

My 50 cal I've cleaned up for the year and we will be having some fun with it...

The law is bringing automatic weapons so that should be fun too...

I will be serving my personal wine for the year...

Somewhere in the middle of that some of us are going to go to my sweat lodge, do a bunch of peyote (legal for me) and we will see what the Gods talk about...

The next day I will make a big breakfast, then I will ask for volunteers to help me run an electrical line to my pond (which I did not need a permit to build) so that I can put another aerator in the pond so that my trout (that I did not need a permit to bring on my property) will have a little more bubbles.

I also do not need a permit to extend the electricity on my property, because my property has no Covenants.

SoOo... how free are Australians again?

sure, you got all that, but on the other hand if something bad happens and i need emergency hospitalisation i won't have to take out a mortgage to cover it, so,

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

About the only difference you have is gunzzzzzz

We can brew alcohol

we can make a pond on out own property without a license

we can have a home party (do you really think licenses are needed for that)

I can smoke weed in my own home

and as for you not being a blue or red................lolololol

edit on 18-6-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Australia's good, but New Zealands better..

.. NZ has a no d*ckhead policy but.. so most of us are screwed!

Evidently, that’s why so many Kiwis live in Australia I guess and are still coming over, minimum 500,000 compared to 80,000 aussies in Kiwi, you can have them back. Nah, just kidding, most are great people, can play sport well enough

Anyway, looks like Australia is getting worse, our culture is crashing when stuff like this happens in public and nobody cares

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Ya pretty messed up. Guns usually equalize a situation like that were its many against one. But since you all are not fond of them maybe peperspray or something.

No media outrage, why, colour? Police can’t touch it because the girl is afraid of more attacks, does that make the police in Victoria insipid and useless, legal system impotent, useless

Could be, no much in style to be a whitey these days. And everything with people seems to be about what popular or trending on the news and tubes these days. Humans are pretty much kind of just tards. An opinion piece blasted none stop on the airwaves, can stop a whole civilization in its tracks.

And yes, that is the very definition of a useless police and legal system.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Everything you guys have said you can do in Australia or New Zealand or wherever are the same things I can do here in Tennessee.

I bet all you guys did when you visited was fly city to city and maybe see a tourist trap here and there.
edit on 1862020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
As someone who has lived in both the United States and Australia i can definitely say life is faaaaar better in australia than the usa. I spent 38 years living in los Angeles and another 3 living in south Carolina. I've seen both polarities of the usa first hand and i cant tell you how refreshing it is every time i step off the plane and enter australia. And conversely what a cesspit of ubiquitous pathology it is that slaps you in the face the second you land on american soil. It's like you literally enter the land of the stupid. its physically tangable how much it feels like youre entering idiocracy. Sophomoric is the best way to describe the pervasive mindset. Immature would be another. Emotionally driven and intellectually lazy would be more apt. Damn ill even go with intellectually obtuse to describe my typical interaction the second i get off the plane in los angeles.

Australians by and large have far better liberties than americans in just about every aspect of life. I spend most of my time in rural Queensland. The quality of life is better. The education is better. The medical care is better. The crime is a tiny fraction and petty compared to any given day in say los angeles. Theres next to no pollution. Theres a stronger sense of community and common bond. People work to live not live to work. And in a town of 9000 people there are four gun shops, and most of the people i know thst own guns in australia are better shots than a majority of the tacticool dorks i see at the ranges here in the states. so no your right to own guns arent trampled on. Also the pizza is better. But i digress.

Melbourne is quickly deteriorating into what it is entirely because it seeks to emulate los angeles. Australians should stick to be australian. Don't look to a country thats lost the plot a long time ago like the usa. What you see in that video is a tiny fraction of crime in Australia. Sure you can find other articles coming up with similar instances in Australia. But what amasses to all those instances compiled over weeks of cherry picking aussie news pales in comparison to just another typical day just about anywhere in the states.

Also kangaroo is Delicious. Just need to cook it right since its so lean. I recommended garlic, butter and herbs. Kanga bangas in the morning set your day right.

I've been to third world schit holes from central america to the south pacific and south east asia that all have figured out how to run their basic utilities like airports better than most places in the usa. Its embarrassing. I dont know what kind of ignorance and arrogance which is a awful combination to have it takes to really believe that as americans we somehow have more liberties and are exceptional when compared to most first world, heck even third world, nations we do with far less. I think its time for most of america to pull their head out.

My son has gone to the emergency twice in the last year. He's an aussie. I did the math and discovered id be paying upwards of ten thousand dollars american for his two visits. Those two visits including an overnight stay. Weekly orthoscopic doctor visits x rays, and various basic pediatrician and dental visits over the year literally cost zero. Nothing. And the treatment was fast and superior to what you would get just about anywhere in the usa. Zero. Literally. A wonder what doctors can do when they are more concerned about healing people and not about their profit margins. I think back to all the times i went to emergency in the states and was practically bankrupted even with bs insurance. Like the time i sat in emergency for six hours even though they werent busy while blood poured profusely out of my eye socket. Here put a rag on it and dont spill any on the floor we'll charge you for that. Ended up needing fourteen stitches seven of which were internal...in my eye socket. And a detached retina and blindness from my left eye for a month until things healed. Wanna make a bet if i went to emergency just about anywhere in australia they wouldn't shut me out for six hours while they quibble over whether to treat me or not because i wouldnt be a bread winner financially for them.

A choice between living in australia or the usa isnt even hard to figure out. Australia wins every time and from multiple critical considerations.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I gotta admit whenever i travel abroad new zealanders are some of the first people i make friends with. Even in Vanuatu the coolest cats at the nakamal are kiwis. Its rare to go anywhere in Oceania where new zealanders arent highly regarded. a reply to: Agit8dChop

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join