It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

That’s legit. I miss the old days and so does everyone else who remembers it.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Why don't you guys put up a donation address in crypto like Bitcoin, Eth, Monero, etc?
I know taxing crypto in the States is a pain in the ... but you will be surprised how many people own crypto and are willing to help

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I care for this place and I spent a night having trouble
sleeping when I heard we could be shut down soon.I
have spent nearly 11 years of my life here and it won't
be easy leaving.I have signed up on another site because
I need my conspiracy website fix.
My morning routine everyday...
Breakfast and coffee,check my emails,Steve Quayle,Dave Hodges,
Alex Jones and then ATS. Do you have any clue how bent out of
shape we older people get when our routines are disrupted?

Is there a site out there that matches up to this one? Tell us.

Each site has it's own uniqueness. Give Gordi a shout in a PM.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just one more way we have of communicating truth to each other
all across the globe being nullified. Slapped by an evil nanny as
she takes away another toy.

Of course sites like this have to go. Can't have people thinking.

No such thing as conspiracies tho lol
edit on 22-6-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This is terrible new.

I LOVE this place.

How much revenue generating traffic does ATS get?

Cant imagine a site like ATS going out of business. The site seems very popular and very busy.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL Its my joke I was caught for not leaving a 2nd line.... Lost meaningless points lol, following week everyone was doing it with no PROBs - LOL sort of getting caught for speeding!

ATS has been the best moderated and self regulated site todate whilst respecting almost total freedom of speech within ATS guide lines.

Once again EVERYBody who has or currently working with ATS and of course our 3 Amigos -
THANK YOU for your Service, I bow in respect!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

This is terrible new.

I LOVE this place.

Cant imagine a site like ATS going out of business. The site seems very popular and very busy.
I actually read all the posts in this thread. SO posted this image back on page 40, which tells the story graphically. Before April 27 it wasn't that great but after the algorithm change in early May, it's bad, apparently because Google's search algorithm changed to stop showing sites where controversial comments appear, or something like that, and this site has plenty of controversial comments:

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Continuing With Full Transparency

Those green lines represent known changes to Google's algorithm. The last one in early May has essentially de-platformed us from search.

We've always done well with algorithm changes because we play by all the right SEO rules.

originally posted by: ArMaP
IsaacKoi, Arbitrageur, read your messages, please.

Thanks for the heads up, it's easy to miss messages since the envelope doesn't turn white anymore. I'm still interested in better archiving methods than the "print to pdf" option mentioned in the archiving thread, if you or anybody else finds some better options.

edit on 2020622 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

Miss ur cryptothreads. Glad to see ur still kicking it at the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

and i'm in europe and just had "can't connect to the server" error, had to refresh. doesn't happen with any other site and as i've mentioned, i'm on 100mbps fiber.

besides, it's only adding to the problem, being the lack of ssl. both of those things have negative influence on the site's ranking, yet SO complains that google deranks the site.

well, when ATS does everything it can to get deranked, that's how it ends up. how many times people brought the ssl issue? this is 2020 ffs, everyone and their grandma has a ssl certificate, those are free.

a reply to: Djarums

while some people will probably treat discord the same they treat facebook, truth is one cannot be part of any larger community these days without going near discord, reddit or both.

it should work, count me in.

alternatively, IRC could work as well, but that's... oldschool, gently speaking. there are web clients though, so it could be an option even for those unfamiliar with irssi, mirc and alikes.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Reddit Former ATS Members

for when, well you know...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We ARE trying to save this place.

Due to obvious factors, the effort was taken to a private site.

MANY stated / pledged to help. However, we’ve only had 8 people show up (but it’s only been about 24 hours).

PLEASE, if you are one of the people that wants to see this place survive — PM Flyingclaydisk. He has been gracious enough to spearhead this endeavor. As if this man didn’t have any time to begin with...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I finally managed to read slowly and solemnly through this whole thread. It has been almost surreal and funereal.

I haven't posted a lot over the years, but I've been a daily lurker and have appreciated everyone's input, whether good or bad. Variety is what makes a Community.

I was attracted to ATS, many moons ago, by a long thread about Anu, Enlil and Enki, which took me ages to read through, although it wasn't the 'All Roads Lead to Rome' topic (gotta save that one). Naturally, as many others, I've been here much longer than my joining date would suggest. I found the topics and members to be interesting and addictive.

Anyway, to be without ATS would be sad and require some adjustments to daily routines. Obviously, its absence will leave a massive hole in my life. The search for news, truth, ancient life, high tech, ET, etc. (except politics), will no longer be a one-stop-shop.

I'm grateful to S.O. and friends for having kept ATS alive so long. I hope everyone finds peace, prosperity and serenity in their new endeavours. If ATS is saved by the generous members who are organising its purchase, then I will stick around for as long as I can because:"I have served, I will be of service"!

A special mention for the Moderators. I see you move silently and purposefully around the boards, keeping order where chaos reigns. I know how hard it is! I was a Super Mod. on a nefarious forum for many years and I banned more people and IPs than I've had hot dinners... and I eat lots! After a while it becomes nauseating and it makes relationships hard to predict. Everyone is your buddy until the hatchet comes down on necks... suddenly you're public enemy #1.

Ok, enough with nostalgia. I hope everything works out for the best.

If the darkness is unavoidable, then before my final logout, I will have to take with me, not only the cannoli, but the gun, too.

Take care one and all! I light a torch to find a new path...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You can quite easily switch to something like hive.blog. It's a fork of steemit.com. It has something like communities which can be like the boards. People can post and there can be replies to those posts. And people can also make crypto from their posts while the comenters can also make some crypto.

Hive also supports something called Tribes. The Tribe has it's own url. It's on the blockchain and can be configured to support communities as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: gladtobehere

This is terrible new.

I LOVE this place.

I actually read all the posts in this thread. SO posted this image back on page 40, which tells the story graphically. Before April 27 it wasn't that great but after the algorithm change in early May, it's bad, apparently because Google's search algorithm changed to stop showing sites where controversial comments appear, or something like that, and this site has plenty of controversial comments:

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Continuing With Full Transparency

Those green lines represent known changes to Google's algorithm. The last one in early May has essentially de-platformed us from search.

We've always done well with algorithm changes because we play by all the right SEO rules.

originally posted by: ArMaP
IsaacKoi, Arbitrageur, read your messages, please.

Thanks for the heads up, it's easy to miss messages since the envelope doesn't turn white anymore. I'm still interested in better archiving methods than the "print to pdf" option mentioned in the archiving thread, if you or anybody else finds some better options.

I think a big part of this is "what's the active threads" issue. Many forums (that would have generated hits on search engines) are mostly idle, with one post every 4-5 days (or longer). Currently the most active topics are political in nature (and tend to be the ones where active arguments are going on.)

While folks might come here to read the arguments, they're not that engaging. What brought people in the past were investigative threads on mysteries, ancient sites, philosophy, people, places, things -- stuff that would show up for many different people hunting different types of information. We did a trackdown of the John Titor hoax (and uncovered the perp), for example. It was my go-to site to research "what concerns people about Y2K" -- because there was solid information and less "I have a theory" speculation. In those days it was more of a news site than a ... "Facebook with topics" site. Those with the scholar/writer titles earned their stripes the hard way.

I noticed that attendance started to slip when the focus moved away from reporting and fact-checking (at one time we were a notable fact-checking site) into other topics and when threads were full of responses to headlines (rather than content) and titles and videos and one-liners as responses. Back when the idea was to have a conversation and not quick one-line zings.

I'm preparing myself. If the site stays, I'll be here... if it goes away, I will have other forums that I participate in.

It's been a good run and there's so many fine memories (and friends) here.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

There is no intellectual debate ... ON ANYTHING here. It's sad.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So why not just start another forum for Above Top Secret, or something akin and people can migrate there?

There are websites out there where you can start your own free forums.

I did a DuckDuckGo search for "create free forum" and this popped up first thing:

www.forumotion.com...

Just go to a place like this, create the forum for free and people can move over and start posting there. It doesn't have to cost any money.

And even if someone wanted to invest money and create their own website wouldn't it be easier to just go and start your own?

I DuckDuckGo'ed how to create your own website to host a forum and this is the first thing that popped up. It can't be that complicated.

How to start and run a forum website
edit on 22-6-2020 by Adreamunfulfilled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Adreamunfulfilled

Who are you giving advice to?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
To the people on this forum who want to stay together if the website shutters like it says is likely. I am not going to do it. People on here are thinking of getting together and spending money on buying the website and upgrading it. I was reading the threads and just thought why not just make a new one and then people can migrate over if they want. It appears obvious that this website isn't making money enough to stay open according to OP, and the website is outdated and needs a lot of upgrading.

I post from time to time on a religious forum that I found a few months ago, not a lot, but sometimes get into discussions. and I find that website much nicer, with many more options, and intuitively easier.

I suggest some who are curious to just go over and make an account to just see how different and better the forum is. It's

Religious Forums

ETA:

I should add I'm not trying to get them users. I just want people to see the difference in a nice up-to-date forum website. Where you can imbed videos from several different websites, not just YouTube, and you can imbed a video with the entire link, very easy. When you get a message, or a reply, an alert appears, like in Facebook, you click on it and bam you're there. There are a lot of other features there that I think are very sorely missing on this website.

I would really like this website to be more up-to-date but I know it is not going to happen.
edit on 22-6-2020 by Adreamunfulfilled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join