It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mainstream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I hate the Mainstream. I am a 9th grader attendig highschool and I had to deal with what people call normal, what the media calls main stream and What I call one of 2 things.
1.The game
2.that stupid S*** that everybody does.

These are the reasons why I hate the mainstream
(Sorry about the really bad spelling my comp is being mean.)
1.Rap techno and pop have to listen to it or you are evil I listen to metal and therefor am not "normal"

2.I have to like sports in general and soccor in particular. I hate soccor (I apologize to europens who love it but soccor bores the s*** out of me) and really the only thing with sports I really like is basketball and martial arts

3.Have to be politacly correct E.g: Pro gun control, anti death penaltie, Pro life, against the war in Iraq and Have to support Gay marrige
:for the record I dont care about gay marrige and I think the war in Iraq was a good thing that god messed up.The rest of the stuff I am ageinst

4.I have to be on optomist , if you arnt an opotomist you are like satans son or something God I hate this.I am a total pessimisst.

5.Gotta be a rebel agienst everything that parents encourage.
okay this one I dot always follow but c'mon do you have to be snorting crack at 15 or cigarrette adict at 13.

End Rant.
Any advice for dealing with this crap?

[edit on 14-3-2005 by maninblack]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just something to consider...

Everyone is concidered 'mainstream' to someone somewhere.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah soccer is horrible!! It's for communists (lol) Kidding it's a good sport but I hate it. I hate all the people who try to be cool by acting like total idiots.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I hate all the people who try to be cool by acting like total idiots.

When did that become popular!?! Am I really that much out of step with the times? Why the hell is it cool to be an idiot? I'll never understand kids these days.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Jonna]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey, Im 19 and am totally not even close to "mainstream" dude, so I know what is like....Im sort of stuck in the 80s hehe..........

I don't even much care for any of the music thats out there now, even some of the "metal". I prefer the 80s metal(i.e iron maiden, dio, van halen, malmsteen, etc.) I dont wear any polo or fubu or anything (and no, I don't wear leather and spandex neither
), so, yeah, I'm way out of mainstream considering what I like.

Love football too, I feel normal, and I pride myself in not being shallow by liking what Im told to like, when I really don't. Don't bother with it, I like not being like a lot of others, just do want you want, and screw everything else.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just be what you are, man. Enjoy life, it's too darn short to be penned up and angry all the time. I did that for far too long, learn from my mistakes...

And Yngwie, how in the heck can you be stuck in the '80s, do you even remember them at all? lol!

Both of you, remember the wise words of Bill S. Preston, Esq.

"Be excellent to each other.'

aka, just treat others fairly, even if they don't treat you fairly. It makes you feel better.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I meant I was stuck in the 80s frame of mind.....lol

Yeah, I do remember some things, like preschool hehe

But like susquehanna, Bill and Ted said it best"
"Be excellent to each other"....and party on, dudes

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by maninblack
1.Rap techno and pop have to listen to it or you are evil I listen to metal and therefor am not "normal"

2.I have to like sports in general and soccor in particular. I hate soccor (I apologize to europens who love it but soccor bores the s*** out of me) and really the only thing with sports I really like is basketball and martial arts

3.Have to be politacly correct E.g: Pro gun control, anti death penaltie, Pro life, against the war in Iraq and Have to support Gay marrige
:for the record I dont care about gay marrige and I think the war in Iraq was a good thing that god messed up.The rest of the stuff I am ageinst

4.I have to be on optomist , if you arnt an opotomist you are like satans son or something God I hate this.I am a total pessimisst.

5.Gotta be a rebel agienst everything that parents encourage.
okay this one I dot always follow but c'mon do you have to be snorting crack at 15 or cigarrette adict at 13.

I understand what you're saying. At times, It was like that for me in high school. In college, I saw a lot of #3 and yeah it bothered me but you just have to look past it and know what you believe and why you believe it. It gets a little easier as you get older.

By the way, welcome to ATS/BTS! You can always come here to vent, rant and rave. Good luck.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the advice, I definatly do try to just accept others as they are.
Thanks for the welcome EV.
And to all people who notice that people believe it is cool to be an idiot.
I notice that alot ,I believe it has to do with the rebellion factors ageinst parents who expect there kids to do well.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by maninblack
I listen to metal and therefor am not "normal"

[edit on 14-3-2005 by maninblack]

Actually, quite alot of people are little "metal groupies" at my school. Metal is widely accepted and like, and therefore "mainstream".

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
DUDE!!...GET HIGH ON CRACK...GO INTO YOUR SCHOOL WITH A FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON AND A FEW SPARE CLIPS.....AND LET THEM KNOW WHOS BOSS!!.....

LMFAO!!..no seriously....just be yourself...live your life how you want and enjoy yourself...you can be whatever you want in life.....just go out and be it!........i thought this was a cool quote for you...

TextLove football too, I feel normal, and I pride myself in not being shallow by liking what Im told to like, when I really don't. Don't bother with it, I like not being like a lot of others, just do want you want, and screw everything else.

p.s.....if you do,do the above dont mention that i said to....blame it on marylin manson or something...thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OF: However satisfying it would to take your idea , I am not that psychotic.
Machine guns no
Evil pranks and reputation ruining sometimes

Thanks for the quote also

top topics

join