It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else wonder about this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Does anyone trust that employees aren't doing anything nasty to your food at McDonald's and others nowadays? Do these type places have camera's to help insure people are handling you food safe and sanitary?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lowballer
Does anyone trust that employees aren't doing anything nasty to your food at McDonald's and others nowadays? Do these type places have camera's to help insure people are handling you food safe and sanitary?

Always be respectful. And tip well.

link   
I haven't been to a fast food restaurant in a long time, except KFC and a local restaurant that has been here for 60+ years. If I were a cop, I'm not sure. Otherwise I don't see that being a problem in our area.

link   
Did you ever worry about it before? Do you honestly think they're doing anything differently now? Handling cash then popping a pizza out of the oven with no hand washing in between just as usual, I would imagine.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lowballer

Depends whether or not you act like an ass to the people who prepare your food.

I say this as someone who spent years working in all kinds of restaurants, never make enemies out of the people that make your food.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

As a former cook, I can say that you have eaten more floor seasoning than you'd ever imagine.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Depends whether or not you act like an ass to the people who prepare your food.

With all the hatred that's prevalent in our society now, I'm sure there are food workers who will spit in your food
(or worse) without you doing anything to "deserve" it.

The reverend Jesse Jackson said he would spit in white peoples' food when he worked at a restaurant. That was probably 50 years ago. Things are worse now, because of the msm and social media stirring up the racial animosity.
edit on 17-6-2020 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools
Hey now, the secret ingredient is supposed to be secret!!!

I work with food in a very high standard. I assure you we will not serve and throw out any peice of food that was not touched/handled with a glove. In today's corporate food service many kitchens are also surveiled for possible shrink. What you fear is more likely outside of a corporate food service kitchen environment and more likely in those small family owned and operated type joints. And Chinese. Pretty much all Chinese food gets the special floor seasoning, which is part of the reason we love it so.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Go on YouTube...Boogers and spit and pee in coffee, burgs and pancakes!

Sorry...been like that way before this

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can genuinely tell it varies from place to place, chef's that love making food and love customers enjoying it never would do anything that was below there standards but these day's a lot of these fast food restaurant's pay there staff minimum wage level's and a lot of these staff are stuck in a rut, tired, having to work multiple job's and while I would say only an extreme minority would ever dream of doing something like this.

It does happen.

Not only in the states but over here in Britain and has always gone on.

In the town of Skelmersdale in Lancashire an ice cream manufacturer by the name of Frederick's Dairy's I heard a story going back many years ago now of how one of the employees was spitting in the ice cream, not a nice idea he was obviously a yob as who eats the most ice cream, kid's but I trust the source whom was another employee at that factory, this as as long ago as the 1990's so not recent (to anyone that knows the company this was at the factor on Pimbo Industrial estate in Skelmersdale and NOT the small family shop's which probably still make small batches on site, also I suspect the idiot was sacked not long after for something unrelated).

I have also had a finger nail in a pudding I purchased from a supermarket and human hair in read meal's on more than one occasion.

But deliberate tampering with food, well it all depends on the nature of the people making it, good people simply would never do something like that to anyone and they would never even dream of doing it but of course the world is not filled with good people.

Best bet, get a good cook book, look up recipes on line and make it yourself from ingredient's that you source yourself.

edit on 17-6-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Cats have been disappearing from the neighborhood around a Chinese restaurant here.

Then they found water and bowls of catfood in the woods behind it with straw and wood shelters...half down or more!

(True story)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Something similar happened a long time ago in that same town I mentioned above over here in the UK, it was a Cambodian family - boat people as they had once been called - that took over a fish and chip shop on the Tanhouse housing estate in the town, dog's and cat's were going missing for some time when and some naughty kid's climbed over the wall into the yard of the business and knocked over a bin, out of it a dog's head rolled, they were closed down for some time after that until another family took over and the premises reopened with a different name, this was in the 1970's so that too does happen and there are a lot of people in the world that eat cat's and dog's, horrible practice but for some of them it is a tradition they see no differently to us eating a chicken, callous and they do not give a crap that it was someone's beloved pet.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Many, many years ago, when I was a kid, my father had a crazy and embarrassing way to verify if a restaurant was safe.

He made us wait before taking a table, then he used to ask permission to see the kitchen, then the bathroom.

If he wasn't allowed, we had to go elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think it's a valid point, and I would suggest if you are white, I'd avoid eating out. Especially at fast food. There is a lot of hate out there right now directed towards white people. I say it's not safe.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Username checks out.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lowballer
Every McDonalds around here is generally all black..... and you can usually expect ebonics trying to order food. Only when you drive to the window to pay can you find out what they chose on your menu and charged you for. Almost every time I have to correct them to get what I ordered. It makes me wonder if it's even worth it anymore. All the fast foods in town have an entirely black staff. I could speculate why.... too much bent elbow time and not enough schoolwork ...? Would that be stereotyping ?

If you want a trusty menu, you go to Mexican or Chinese food take-outs. Usually restaurants that now are featuring this method due to Coved. If I encountered such a contamination I would certainly sue the jebus out of the establishment and take action against the individuals responsible . And YES camera's ought to be mandatory, absolutely mandatory. Oh, and taco bell does not count as a Mexican restaurant that is safe, on the contrary. I can only speculate on their completed years of education, but would guess eight or nine.

Like it or don't, that's how it is here in NC.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My rule of thumb is.

Never send anything back .
edit on 17-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I remember this from a few years ago .

Missing girl's body 'put into kebab www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Entirely Arabic staff everywhere here in Mich. Gas stations, stores, restaurants, service workers, police, fire, city council...your doctor's, clinics, teachers...

White: the minority in Dearborn, Mi

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

i remember reading something like that years ago

top topics

<<   2 >>

join