It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rayshard Brooks charging decision today

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He was out on parole with a violent history.

He fought cops with his fists, stole a weapon and then pointed that weapon at officers and fired.

Clean kill, cop should be home.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I've been tased and I'm still alive, never been shot all the same.

If a taser is not a nonlethal weapon why do the Police use it as such?

Whatever the DA claims a taser doesn't kill you unless you have some kind of underlying health concerns, but it does put you on your arse.

The danger is if you taze a cop then he is incapacitated, you then walk up to him and take his gun and kill him as he lies on the ground as he can not do anything to stop you since you do not want to go back to jail... This was not a nice guy...

If a cop tazes you then we can assume he would not walk up to you and put his gun to your head and pull the trigger... Can you now see how a taser can be dangerous in the wrong hands?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Show me in this video where he kicks the suspect...

link

The DA has a lot to explain...I see officers administering CPR.

Both cops should be released immediately and the DA should resign.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
They can't do that.

They will be paid handsomely when this is all over but for now they're staying put.

I think the officers know this too.

It's probably the best way to deal with this.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I can see how anything can be dangerous in the wrong hands Xtrozero, tasers, guns, alcohol, cars, even Police.

It was a recipe for disaster really.

Still, don't think the Man deserved two rounds in the back for running away and to be kicked on the ground for his troubles.

edit on 20-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What is the duration is the incapacitation you're describing?

Is it long enough to justify killing another person?

Also, would both officers be incapacitated at the same time somehow?

What's the effective range? Let's say 15 ft.

IF it is 15 ft at the outside IF it is in the hands of an expert and IF the taser functions properly which doesn't happen up to 55% of the time ... and IF ...

We can string together any number of possibilities.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The only thing I can think is right around the 46 minute mark, just after the shooting. It looks like brooks is still upright on the ground and they’re telling him to roll over on to his stomach and he isn’t. It looks like Rolfe does a sort of half kick/half knee into his shoulder to push him over face down. But I don’t see a full on soccer kick like the picture is supposed to show.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What is the duration is the incapacitation you're describing?

Is it long enough to justify killing another person?

Also, would both officers be incapacitated at the same time somehow?

What's the effective range? Let's say 15 ft.

IF it is 15 ft at the outside IF it is in the hands of an expert and IF the taser functions properly which doesn't happen up to 55% of the time ... and IF ...

We can string together any number of possibilities.

My point without trying to armchair quarterback it all was the guy was extremely desperate to not go to jail, he fought off two cops and took one of their tasers. They did try to taser him, but he fought through it, and they couldn't try again because he took the other one.

With all that said what level of desperation was he willing to go? Do you think after all that he would just stop and say "my bad"? Lol

I'm not sure your point here...as I said it was a action reaction event that once he fired the taser back at them they reacted within a second.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join