It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rayshard Brooks charging decision today

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

... as our recent failed response to our first global pandemic clearly demonstrates.

We were kept under house arrest for 2 months or so ... MERELY BECAUSE THEY TOLD US TO.

Practice makes perfect...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sure, but Rolfe fired one of them into a civilian vehicle with three men inside.

Perhaps that's one reason why SOP is not to shoot during a chase through a parking lot?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sure, but Rolfe fired one of them into a civilian vehicle with three men inside.

Perhaps that's one reason why SOP is not to shoot during a chase through a parking lot?

My personal SOP doesn't have that point...lol

That is why you fire 3, you want at least one to hit. I'm sure the DA can get him also on damage to the car, and putting everyone within 50 feet in danger of their lives... But then it is Atlanta, and so how do they tell his bullet hole in the SUV from all the others, the rust?...

edit on 19-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Not at anyone running away no, but aye, ive had a shot of a few shotguns.

Never semiauto pistols all the same.

I ken where a few are buried. LoL

It's just a question, we don't have guns about in the same manner you do in the US, so if it was silly i do apologize.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The SUV was visiting from TN.

I know. I'm not going to look up the APD SOP manual again, LOL. I'm sure someone will correct my mistake.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Not at anyone running away no, but aye, ive had a shot of a few shotguns.

Never semiauto pistols all the same.

I ken where a few are buried. LoL

It's just a question, we don't have guns about in the same manner you do in the US, so if it was silly i do apologize.

Not really silly, but a hand gun is not that easy to fire. You fire 3 times hoping one hits. The running away wasn't what cause the officer to fire, it was that as he was running away and then he fired first with the taser, so if you are a cop and anyone uses a weapon towards you with intent you will shoot to protect yourself and others.

We can what if it all day.

On a side note you shoot someone in the leg and then they take you to court and say why did you only shoot him in the leg if you feared for your life. See how that works....

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I can see how people die by being shot in the back twice, put it that way.

Guy was an A1 prise cockwomble Xtrozero but i don't think he deserved to die.

Anyhow cheers for the info on why he fired 3 times at least.

Could the first shot not have been aimed in the air as a warning shot?

That might have stopped him in his tracks and made his drop the non-lethal taser.

Everbody could have gone home alive, or at least to gaol.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That might have stopped him in his tracks and made his drop the non-lethal taser.

Everbody could have gone home alive, or at least to gaol.

You want to know what the funny part is about warning shots is that warning shots are typically against the law. No one outside of truly evil people deserve to die, but people's poor choices in life puts them in the positions to get killed. Its like saying a gang banger doesn't deserve to die, and I agree, but if they were not a gang banger they wouldn't have died. With Brooks if he didn't do all that he did to include the worst part of taking the taser and shooting it back at them he would not have died.

BTW Floyd's case is different...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

There are limits all the same.

If we are going to kill people for doing stupid things or running away, there are not going to be many of us left.

I should have been dead a long time ago if that were the case, not so much now but in my younger years. LoL

But Police don't generally shoot at you over here if you are running away, although it has been known to happen.

They do plenty of other nasty things all the same, along the lines of poor George Floyd, that involves the same neck sleeper type move/restraint, an inch thick blue mattress, and the living # being kicked and beaten out of you with truncheons for what feels like a half-hour, make you pee blood for a week.

Well they did back in the 90s anyhoo.

Good and bad apples in all walks of life but where Police are concerned just one bad apple is one too many.

edit on 19-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Problem with things shot into the air... gravity brings them back down and that could kill an innocent bystander, which then opens an entire other set of issues.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes, that's true, i can see the problem there, although chances are not that high.

Could he not have fired it someplace else though, like the ground or another at least empty SUV or anything else around that could have absorbed the round?

Ricochet argument i guess?

I just think is # that the mans dead over stupidity, his own in spades, and the coppers in anger or fear.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just so we’re really clear on this:

All TASER 7 Cartridges have a wire length of 25 feet (7.6 m). Twelve-degree cartridges can be effective in engagement ranges as close as 4 feet (1.22 meters). Twelve-degree cartridges have a black cartridge body.

That means the closest the cartridge will be effective is 4 feet, and the furthest they’ll be effective is at the limit of their length. It does not mean their effective range is 4 feet. Apparently that’s confusing to some.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If we are going to kill people for doing stupid things or running away, there are not going to be many of us left.

Do know why Brooks fought them off and ran? Even though he was passed out in a drive through lane with 2x the legal limit to start off the encounter is was that he had done recent jail time and was on probation. He was in jail for beating up his girl friend and abusing his kid...Add decades of other crimes and he was willing to do all that and most likely more NOT to go back to jail. Who knows where that all would have ended up...

Hopefully not too many of us are like Brooks or even Floyd for that matter.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Naw but shooting someone in the back twice whilst running away in the opposite direction whilst wielding a Taser does raise some eyebrows.

Especially the law hence the 12 charges against the officer in question.

Buy hey'ho you know more than they do. x

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That’s awesome man, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I saw the extent of the whole ordeal that's been posted.

He was a muppet who deserved to be incapacitated and up in front of a judge the next day for police assault and being in charge of a vehicle whilst under the influence or asleep.

But not dead imho.

edit on 19-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Nae, bother TJ. x x x

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Naw but shooting someone in the back twice whilst running away in the opposite direction whilst wielding a Taser does raise some eyebrows.

Especially the law hence the 12 charges against the officer in question.

Buy hey'ho you know more than they do. x

We will see if it actually goes to trial. They will review the charges and most likely throw it all out. There is one part you are missing in all this as you bring up a good point of whether "they know better, or not"

The Governor fired the cop within hours of the incident with zero idea of that happened.

The cop was put up on 12 charges before the Georgia Bureau of Investigation hardly started their investigation. This is the state's premiere law enforcement agency that investigates all cop shootings first. The GBI has continued to do their investigation and will submit a report...

The DA said that a taser is non-lethal, but two weeks earlier he said it was lethal when he was talking about a cop using it.

So back to your point... I'm not sure they really know much..

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

He was a muppet who deserved to be incapacitated and up in front of a judge the next day for police assault and being in charge of a vehicle whilst under the influence or asleep.

But not dead imho.

Too bad the first try with the taser didn't work and he took their second option of the other taser...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Then i guess it will all come out in the wash and light of day.

I've been tased and I'm still alive, never been shot all the same.

If a taser is not a nonlethal weapon why do the Police use it as such?

Whatever the DA claims a taser doesn't kill you unless you have some kind of underlying health concerns, but it does put you on your arse.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join