It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Take a Step Back and Look at the Bigger Picture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It is easy for someone with two good legs to tell some with no legs to “stand on their own two feet” and “run a bit faster than the other guy if they want to win the race”.

It doesn’t improve the situation, but it is easy to say.

And the irony (and the ire) is only enhanced by the fact that such encouragement is often provided by the descendants of the very people who passed the laws that resulted in legless being legless in the first place.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Doesn't matter. Country, ethnic makeup or religion. They are either a US citizen or not. An ethnic group or religion is not greater than citizenship status. Using these monikers divides a country and sets up factions within a country where it can't gel.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

OK. Just for the sake of arguement, what would you say a viable approach would be?

It's also easy to say there is a better way, but unless you actually have a plan, it is also meaningless.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And why are so many young, black, men in prison? Because the War on Drugs disproportionately targeted them.

Why do so many black-majority schools underperform? Because we tie education funding to academic performance. Something that doesn't really work when these black communities were given a substandard education thanks to "separate but equal."

While we may have made great strides at quashing overt racism in this county (although it's having a resurgence) there are still many aspects of our government that handicap black communities. That is where we need to make changes if we want to see these communities changing for the better.

And the easiest place to start is by acknowledging that they do have legitimate complaints in the way they are treated.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The solution lies totally in the hands of the blacks/African/etc people.

One major problem is so many kids born without fathers around. It’s like 75%.
Another is them killing each other. Chicago Alone averages over 500 murdered men every year.

For a group of people so focused on preserving their culture they sure don’t seem to interested in addressing the problems within their culture.

datacenter.kidscount.org.../1/any/false/37,871,870,573,869,36,868,867,133,38/ 10,11,9,12,1,185,13/432,431

heyjackass.com...

I can’t agree with that after living the life I have and witnessed what I’ve witnessed. Even in a big, mixed culture city like Ft. Lauderdale, where I live, there is still strong racism coming from Caucasian’s. Working in the restaurant industry, 8x out of 10, when a white server would get sat with a black guest, the eye-roll would start as they made their way to the table to spit out a half-assed table greet and get them out of there as soon as they can. Then when they collect the sh*tty tip they caused themselves to get with their attitude, they can justify the reasons why they weren’t happy to be sat with black guests.

Last year, my company hired a new Chief Engineer. He immediately decided that me, the young white dude with 11 months of experience, was going to get all the “thinking” work, while our Haitian and Cuban guys would get “the labor”. When I say this guy was racists, I don’t mean he was someone who disagreed with people, I mean he was referring to the Haitian guy as “Kunta Kinte” openly. It didn’t matter to him that those guys taught me everything I knew and had way more experience than I did. He didn’t last long and I was promoted to his position when he was fired. (I came from a management background, which the Chief Engineer position is primarily communication/scheduling/management)

There’s nothing black people can do to change white people’s feelings towards them. They’re judged before they even have a chance to open their mouths. They’re held back from advancing because there might be someone in a management position that doesn’t feel their worthy of advancing. I did not believe or understand what “white privilege” was until that dipsh*t I replaced put me in the position to advance and take the easy ride while the two immigrants were left to plunge toilets. He didn’t even want me teaching them what I knew about HVAC repair/maintenance. He said it was a waste of my time.

That’s not to say that I didn’t share your thoughts in prior years. I certainly have. “Why can’t they just stop doing all the stupid sh*t they do. We’re all given the same options in life, they’re just making excuses.”. I 100% believe that not to be the case anymore, I just had to see it first hand before I could understand it.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

"African American" because it's an improvement to "negro or black" because people like you need to emphasise the difference.

You act like he belongs to the party that never talks about anything but the identity of everyone.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

News alert to the OP. White people get murdered by cops as well. The big picture here is the "new way" to get to total marxism. That being cultural marxism. The USA is the biggest prize at the moment. They all think they will get mansions provided by the ccp for their efforts at which point they can enslave and murder people like me in horrible ways for being so stupid as to believe that my hard work and moral compass mattered at all to anything or anyone.

If they ""win" I will find comfort in the fact knowing that their current ground troops of multiculti rainbow warriors will be the first lined up against the wall as they have proven themselves to be possibly dangerous to the new politbureau. Meet the new communist boss, same as the old communist boss.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: Bhadhidar

OK. Just for the sake of arguement, what would you say a viable approach would be?

It's also easy to say there is a better way, but unless you actually have a plan, it is also meaningless.

I would refer you to the excellent posting immediately below yours.

Xcalibur254 lays out some very good starting points, one of which I would like to highlight in response to your challenge.

It is high and long past time that the US government officially, and in clear and unequivocal terms, acknowledge the injustice perpetrated, since before the foundation of this nation, upon communities of color, and in particular to those whose lands were stolen and who ancestors were stolen from their lands.

Officially acknowledge that those people, whose sacrifices have allowed our nation to become what it is today, have been systematically, through law, economic exploitation, and social exclusion, denied the boon and benefits the rest of us enjoy.

And then we must ask of those who have been wronged “What can I do to make amends?”
edit on 1-6-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Stepping back looking and all I see is three years of failed
coupe attempts and destruction of the US economy by a
bunch of spoiled liberal brats who can't stand it when Daddy
says NO!

Anyone notice the school shootings have stopped?
To busy try'n to bring down Trump I guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
Anyone notice the school shootings have stopped?
To busy try'n to bring down Trump I guess.

Have you noticed that the schools have been

Closed?!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
you say something wonderful and elegant and possibly time defying

We will only be equal when nobody notices the difference.
That will only happen when people stop insisting they’re different.

then you reveal it was stumbled upon and not by design.. followed by this gem

The solution lies totally in the hands of the blacks/African/etc people.

One major problem is so many kids born without fathers around. It’s like 75%.
Another is them killing each other. Chicago Alone averages over 500 murdered men every year.

For a group of people so focused on preserving their culture they sure don’t seem to interested in addressing the problems within their culture.

datacenter.kidscount.org.../1/any/false/37,871,870,573,869,36,868,867,133,38/ 10,11,9,12,1,185,13/432,431

heyjackass.com...

how does that work... how can the human psychology work like this.. this juxtaposition is like one of those things that comes around in a lifetime.

I'll point out some differences to point out the differences which are inherently holding blacks back.... which is allllll up to them....

and who's noticing differences?

mentalis... oh can't do that.
edit on 1-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It could have something to do with so many black men selling drugs.

As for schools.. Maybe ask the teachers why the kids are underperforming.
There is a certain amount of responsibility that should be laid on the students and their parents.

I don't think anyone is saying that blacks should not be heard but most people don't want to listen when rocks are being thrown at them or stores are being looted.
Can somebody in the protesting community acknowledge that looting isn't the best way to be heard?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Peeple

So what's your solution? Send all black babies in filthy cities to live with their white grandparents in Hawaii?

There is no solution until individuals take it upon themselves to make the situation better.

You can extoll the virtues of education, and work ethic until you are blue in the face, but until ppl stop making excuses, and blaming "whitey", nothing will change.

How many billions have we poured into inner city social programs, to no avail?

Ummm...maybe if we...stopped...pouring the money in...then it just might encourage some to be more responsible...for their own welfare...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The vast majority of drug arrests in this country are for possession only. A black man is more likely to be incarcerated than a white man for the same offense. On average a black man's sentence is 20% longer than a white man's in the same conditions.

How do your explain that other than systemic racism?

In regards to education, yes home life does play a large role. But funding is also a key factor.

If you put the same student in an inner city school with vastly overpopulated classrooms, teachers that are barely making minimum wage, and outdated materials versus an elite magnate school, with optimal class sizes, well paid teachers, and top of the line materials do you really think they will perform the exact same?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

One major factor in everything you mention is culture.
Many young men see a police record as a badge of honor worthy of respect.

As for prison time I would image it has a lot to do with the lawyers.
The better the lawyer the better off you are and public defenders are usually the worst and most inexperienced lawyers.

On a side note, I think all drugs should be legalized.
That will eliminate tons of crime and save millions.

The culture plays a huge part in schools too.
Ask the teachers about that one.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes culture plays a role. That said, when children are raised in an environment where it is clear the system had failed them and their people you can't really be surprised when a culture emerges that seeks to buck that system.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Maybe.
The system has allowed a black man to be president. That should mean something.

We had Asians in internment camps in the 40s.
They managed to be successful since that time.

Change starts from within.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join