It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welp Kids we are going to find out real soon the truth about Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I wish I felt as confident as you that the truth will show itself.

But, it's so easy to lie with statistics and the media will report any lie as truth as long as it can be called 'official'...I think they can convince most people of anything.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

However, it’s become extremely clear that destroying our economy over this was an egregious overreaction.

In total agrement with that. there is no reason why EVERYONE had to stop work. Healthy people, Young people, Even kids from going to school, ( I mean if mass children were dying we would surely hear about it from the media.) And numbers show that if you do get corona virus you can beat it, if you are not in the danger demographic.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

But, it's so easy to lie with statistics and the media will report any lie as truth as long as it can be called 'official'...I think they can convince most people of anything.

Stats can say one thing, but if you know your local hospital is overcrowding with Covid-19 patients, or they have to bring refrigerated trucks in, you know there is a problem. (especially if you don't live in a large city)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well I am wondering what is next for the media if and hopefully the rioting stops. Do they shift back to wall to wall corona virus coverage. Or has the seal been broken that the world is not going to end if we dont do social distancing?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Well I am wondering what is next for the media if and hopefully the rioting stops.

The media is going freaking nuts over fresh coverage.
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the agitators were the media themselves.!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lot more people ignore the, this is a killer hurricane evacuate now attention grabbing headlines than their used to be.

So I fully expect the next time something like this occurs it will be the train wreck they tried to predict this one to be.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

From state to state it's been a hot mess regarding stats.

We keep watching Public Health and our Governor saying, 'it's getting better' but then showing the graphs that show no decline for anything. It's self-contradictory. Either it's getting better and the graphs don't reflect reality, or it's not getting better and the graphs do reflect reality. But the two things aren't lining up at all for us and many other Ohioans.

The emperor has no clothes.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Stats can say one thing, but if you know your local hospital is overcrowding with Covid-19 patients, or they have to bring refrigerated trucks in, you know there is a problem. (especially if you don't live in a large city)

I live a few blocks away from the three largest hospitals in downtown Louisville.

They've never been busy since this started. There's a testing center out front of one. Since early March, I've never seen one person in line. I don't think how busy the the hospitals are or aren't will be convincing to anyone. Even at our peak, I never saw them look even slightly busy.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The numbers speak for themselves. 1.5 million infected out of 7 billion. 600k survivors out of 1.5 million.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Look how fast we went from the corona movie to the race war movie. Corona was getting tired and was losing traction. After 2 months the news was really running out of things to say. It would be best to put the fairytale to bed as we have work to do.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The numbers speak for themselves. 1.5 million infected out of 7 billion. 600k survivors out of 1.5 million.

6,220,978 million confirmed or presumed cases. 372,395 confirmed or presumed deaths. 2,777,366 recovered.

(according to WorldOmeter)

Case death rate: 6%
Infection death rate: ???

The numbers don't really say much until we know what the infection death rate is.

edit on 5/31/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You will not know the real truth unless you can unravel all the lies that will continue behind the statistics from these events.

Personally, I think it could go either way....loads more infections from all the contact and lack of social distancing, or loads more herd immunity and fewer infections.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

The punchline here is that you think you’re right.

LOL.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I find it interesting people were getting chastised for peacefully protesting the lockdown, attempting to get haircuts, and going to parks... accused of not caring about their fellow Americans for simply trying to earn a living or upset that their financial livelihoods were being destroyed.

Now all of a sudden, the protestors are patriots, expressing their right, should be left alone to destroy cities. Social distancing, etc doesn't matter anymore.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Social distancing, etc doesn't matter anymore.

To be fair in both sets of protests I saw similar things.
Some people were wearing masks and social distancing, and some were not.

I think it is reflective that we really don't know what the heck is really the truth.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Its not just the riots; its a beautiful day again in New York; the first weekend since reopening. I'm out buying a few things and half the people out are not wearing masks. People are now truly over COVID-19.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Concerning the CHI-COM 19 flu, it brings to mind a bored little shepherd boy who, for his own amusement, cried out to villagers that a wolf was among their herd of sheep. The villagers would all come running...

"men bileve not lyghtly hym whiche is knowen for a lyer"
- Aristotle

I wonder...next time...will no one pay heed, when there really is a wolf?

If something crazy happened like Ebola, or a new pox this winter, we'd be screwed!

The meek shall inherit the earth, might have a lot more truth than we realize.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

Look how fast we went from the corona movie to the race war movie. Corona was getting tired and was losing traction. After 2 months the news was really running out of things to say. It would be best to put the fairytale to bed as we have work to do.

Im sure they will go back to The Virus during the normal curve of illness later in the year, at the absolute latest.

Im not sure they will try to tie these events too closely with The Virus, unless the mass amounts of immune systems that have been compromised from lockdowns, stress, extreme emotions, etc. create an uptick in illness. Though, if things start to cool off, they may go to it sooner even if they give a bit of a lull to increase psychological impact. ETA: I would expect that its more likely they go to another event-type (terrorist attack, something like that) to prevent too many from connecting the dots.

Overall, I think we are looking at the pattern of the "new normal" taking shape. Its been taking shape for years, mind. At least until things get destabilized enough to really start successfully hammering & implementing Happytopia.

Facts, nuance, etc. dont matter. The media, in conjunction with social platforms, colleges, corporations, and politicians can essentially market & sell any scenario they want. Particularly with mass centralized dependency on everything from information to food.
edit on 31-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Its not just the riots; its a beautiful day again in New York; the first weekend since reopening. I'm out buying a few things and half the people out are not wearing masks. People are now truly over COVID-19.

I think most sane people are realizing the sky is not falling, particularly as the weather is getting nicer.

It was a pleasant day here in Chicago and was chatting with a neighbor, we both seem to accept that the reality is people need to go back to work, kids need to go to school. We can't just stay cooped up in the house. In addition, we can't keep shutting down everything every six months when flu season starts.

People who have compromised health need to take precautions, but the rest of us need to get on with our lives.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That is a great observation Jag.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join