It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Arrested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If this is just the state that is bringing the charges, can't the FBI also file charges, after they finish their investigation?

And depending on the final, maybe the state charges be dropped, if the Feds go bigger? (as far as their charges)

link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: shooterbrody
May not be premeditated but still murder.

I've got a sneaking suspicion it was pre-meditated.

The cop and his victim worked together at the same bar.

No way!!! This is insane and heartbreaking, I almost got emotional again. Full disclosure I shed some tears over this a couple different times.

Link

Hmm. Interesting that she continued to employ him if he was short fused and afraid when an altercation would break out, and then pepper spray everyone in the building.

link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Exactly! I am dismayed at the DA Freeman and that BCA woman saying they had to wait and gather evidence to figure out charges. No you didn't. Take him into custody for his own safety and then place him in front of a magistrate for excessive force and charge him for more when you find the evidence.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think part of that issue is that a person cannot be held more than 24 hours without being charged with a crime. They probably weren't clear on what to charge him with at first.

At least, that's the excuse I would use.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Yeah that's what I've been saying, too.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yes, the feds will stick to the civil rights charges and leave the manslaughter and murder charges and anything else to the State.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You didn't make a point. You said every cop should be fired there, so I'm telling you that if you'd be a better cop then go become one. Cops deal with different people every day, they never know who or what they're dealing with, it's a risk every time. I agree that Chauvin should have been arrested that day but he wasn't and there's nothing we can do about it. Due to the job a cop has, their superiors have to look at every situation from every angle and that can take time. It doesn't matter what we think or how we feel, and no amount of looting, rioting, and burning cities down is going to change that.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's 72 hours typically and most States adhere to this. However they can charge with something very small during that time and request the suspect be held in custody for his own safety. During that time they can change the charges to anything they want. It isn't as if the first charge has to be the sticking charge.

Cops do this all the time. They will arrest you for something like disturbing peace and then look for other crimes while you sit there. So they know the game.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

originally posted by: Spacespider
They are just trowing him under the bus to protect the city and calm the masses.
I do not believe he is guilty in anything... he did not torture or tried to kill him.
Cops are use to people yelling all kind of stuff when detained.. I cannot breath. your breaking my arm.. and so...
It was a accident that no one wanted.

Total and complete horse .... if you actually believe that. Where were you a cop at? It’s obvious you believe they can do no wrong.

I agree, some serious delusion there.

I was going to reply to it, but why bother replying to morons like that.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: game over man

What would you change?

Those were the legal team's words. I should have put in quotes, I was typing fast.

For me personally, some type of law that will 100% stop police brutality. Whatever that would be.

There's already a law against police brutality. But a law is just words written on paper. Plus, most of the things people call brutality aren't brutality. There could be an upstanding citizen that gave you the shirt off of his back yesterday but ended up having a bad today and killing someone. There's not a law that can stop that because laws are just words.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

They can go for a higher charge but there's a chance it won't hold up. Travon Martin's family went for 1st Degree Murder and Zimmerman walked because he didn't premeditate the murder.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What possible law is going to stop police brutality, with the exception of a Minority Report pre-crime institution? Murder is already illegal. It happens daily.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not good. That means there could be more murders related to this on the horizon.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Well this sucks!

I still need new shoes and a tv for the basement den!

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Put him up in the town center like a rotting pinata.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You didn't make a point. You said every cop should be fired there, so I'm telling you that if you'd be a better cop then go become one. Cops deal with different people every day, they never know who or what they're dealing with, it's a risk every time. I agree that Chauvin should have been arrested that day but he wasn't and there's nothing we can do about it. Due to the job a cop has, their superiors have to look at every situation from every angle and that can take time. It doesn't matter what we think or how we feel, and no amount of looting, rioting, and burning cities down is going to change that.

There is so much wrong with everything you said there and you just don’t know or don’t want to know. Cops do this every day and nobody gives a crap until people start burning # down. I don’t like it but I believe it’s to a point that it’s not just going to fix itself without a fight. Your attitude makes it worse not better and each subsequent incident will be worse than the next.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: shooterbrody
May not be premeditated but still murder.

I've got a sneaking suspicion it was pre-meditated.

The cop and his victim worked together at the same bar.

No way!!! This is insane and heartbreaking, I almost got emotional again. Full disclosure I shed some tears over this a couple different times.

Link

You can link...

Are you kidding me? I'm on my phone, can't embed YouTube from mobile. Look it up.

But it's a lot of effort and all, especially when your emotionally distraught.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified
I have one question how did Chauvin get involved? I've watched two different videos he was not part of the original sidewalk arrest. There are a lot of unanswered questions in this case,

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Those that were complicit in arson, looting, assault, and trespass need to be immediately gathered up and charged with max punishment to discourage the barbaric practice of wrecking innocent people's lives in wonton barbaric behavior. The people that perpetrated this and similar rade partys are the reason people are scared when they see a black man in the park.

Police officers work in communities sometimes more deadly than recent warzones except they cannot say or do anything about it until after the person they knew was going to commit a crime has actually committed one. There is more to the story here I am sure than what is portrayed. Police officer make squat for income so it can be dificult to find a good stock of officers.
edit on 29-5-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

That’s cool and all, but literally nothing you said excuses the absolute fact that this scumbag kept his knee, and weight, on George Floyd’s neck for four minutes after he went unresponsive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join