It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Arrested

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Has anyone else ever seen duplicate license plates?

Nowhere in the world have I seen that on registered roads... closest I can think of is at a car show, when there's a bunch of display vehicles with brand license plates.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Too long
Anyone else committing this crime would already gave been arrested and jailed.
Serious BS

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I don’t see how plates could all say just “POLICE” without something to differentiate between vehicles.

The vehicles all have a unique number painted on them in various places.

link   
3rd degree... seems light.

Looking up the statutes now. Looks like up to 25 years.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
3rd degree murder and manslaughter

Other 3 will most likely be charged

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: RazorV66
I don’t see how plates could all say just “POLICE” without something to differentiate between vehicles.

The vehicles all have a unique number painted on them in various places.

I realize all vehicles would have a unique number but not the plates?
Here in Michigan, police vehicles have unique plate numbers with an “X” in the middle to denote a municipal vehicle and the sheriff’s cars have a star in the middle of the numbers.
edit on 29-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
At least they put forth murder, and not some bs negligent homicide.
IMO the officer murdered the victim.
May not be premeditated but still murder.

edit on 29/5/2020 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
2019 Minnesota Statutes

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
    (a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

(b) Whoever, without intent to cause death, proximately causes the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $40,000, or both.

Yep. Up to 25 years.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:23 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Macenroe82

They have identifying numbers on the side of the vehicles.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:23 PM
    link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
    Has anyone else ever seen duplicate license plates?

Yes, I had four at one time. The only difference was a very small -2, -3 and -4 next to the original plates numbers.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:25 PM
    link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I've got a sneaking suspicion it was pre-meditated.

The cop and his victim worked together at the same bar.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:26 PM
    link   
    I wonder if they'll now release him from jail because da Covid.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:30 PM
    link   
    a reply to: shooterbrody

May not be enough. This is the exact same charge made against an officer in 2017 who was acquitted. People do forget, but not always.

I have been having this deep feeling of dread for the past week or two. When it first happened it was so strong that I called all my family and friends to make sure they were OK. I haven't been able to put a finger on what was causing it until last night and I noticed that every time this story came on the TV, that feeling of dread returned.

Maybe nothing... a sardine fighting for space with the raw onions. I hope it is nothing.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:30 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Snarl

No way!!! This is insane and heartbreaking, I almost got emotional again. Full disclosure I shed some tears over this a couple different times.

Link

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:33 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
    They are just trowing him under the bus to protect the city and calm the masses.
    I do not believe he is guilty in anything... he did not torture or tried to kill him.
    Cops are use to people yelling all kind of stuff when detained.. I cannot breath. your breaking my arm.. and so...
    It was a accident that no one wanted.

Total and complete horse .... if you actually believe that. Where were you a cop at? It’s obvious you believe they can do no wrong.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:34 PM
    link   
    this is just going to create a situation where when anything happens to a black person while being arrested, even if guilty, people will riot every time to get "justice" they want. look forward to police starting to avoid black neighborhoods after this to avoid any liability and protect their careers.

there's a reason you never give in to coercion even if the other side is in the right, because they will feel empowered and keep acting out and possible even escalate things.

link   
    a reply to: Spacespider

Really 3 cops are so incompetent that the 3 of them cant safely detain a suspect without accidentally killing Him? BTW You don't accidentally put Your knee in a Guys throat for 8 minutes.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
    a reply to: shooterbrody

May not be enough. This is the exact same charge made against an officer in 2017 who was acquitted. People do forget, but not always.

I have been having this deep feeling of dread for the past week or two. When it first happened it was so strong that I called all my family and friends to make sure they were OK. I haven't been able to put a finger on what was causing it until last night and I noticed that every time this story came on the TV, that feeling of dread returned.

Maybe nothing... a sardine fighting for space with the raw onions. I hope it is nothing.

TheRedneck

It is because the video is a snuff film and we cant unsee it.
    Watching a man murdered in the street is unsettling.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:35 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Identified

This is what I would have charged him with as well. But the animals out there will continue to loot and riot because they want the death penalty or 1st degree murder at the very least.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:35 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Snarl

All I know is I saw a man murder a handcuffed man on the street.
    Horrible

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join