It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

Charged with 3rd degree Murder, Manslaughter, could become more

I'm going to place this here because it shows how Freeman keeps talking nonsense regarding ho2 Chauvin could have been taken into custody immediately without having a smoking gun evidence first.

Section 167 of the Code of Criminal Procedure provides that a person may be kept in police custody to the extent of 15 days at the order of the Magistrate for further inquiry and investigation.

edit on 29-5-2020 by Identified because: Update info

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Also being reported live on Fox News.

One word: good.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Arrested or Protective Custody?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Ridiculous that a probable cause arrest took a week with a video. I want to see the charges and the other three arrested as well. Too bad not one law enforcement officer in that city could arrest them. But hey, got to protect your own and all. Every cop in that city should be fired.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hope they have him under very secure protection, away from the population and those darn suicide insects.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

Ridiculous that a probable cause arrest took a week with a video. I want to see the charges and the other three arrested as well. Too bad not one law enforcement officer in that city could arrest them. But hey, got to protect your own and all. Every cop in that city should be fired.

Beyond ridiculous.
If it was you or me, they would have had a judge sign a warrant for our arrest in less than 30 minutes.

link   
Did they suffocate him with a knee in the neck for 8 minutes while waiting for a transport cruiser? Maybe they made a pit stop at Burger King to get the poor, hungry fella a whoper and some onion rings on his way to his first booking.

Seriously though, it took them long enough. If the evidence was there to fire him, then it was there to make an arrest on suspicion of murder on day 1. It is a shame that it took riots for the PD to do the right thing.

link   
this won't stop the rioting, it'll just embolden them and it'll spread. no matter what is done they'll make up some reason to go even further.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Do we actually get to see him in custody?... or just get told that, "... we can absolutely 100% confirm that Chauvin has been arrested and is most definitely, without doubt in custody... phew... everyone can calm down now".

I'm still questioning the "POLICE" license plate from the original video. Can someone confirm... Do all police vehicle license plates in Minneapolis read "POLICE"???

Edited to add screen capture from video:

ETA: Found some images in Google search with other Minneapolis vehicles with "POLICE" license plates, also some with normal license plates... seems an odd thing to do, making it potentially harder to individually identify police vehicles.
edit on 29-5-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Give him to the public to make an example.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Arrested or Protective Custody?

Just what I was thinking.

Bet he gets a slap on the wrist and a transfer.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hope he was arrested because of the crime he committed and not just as an answer to stop the protesting.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The wording online is custody, and on live TV the George Floyd legal team are saying arrest, and are complain about we need the 3 other arrested and systematic change after that, things need to change permanently.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Three guesses....but if they don’t plug the arrest big time, you will still have a night/weekend of special festivities...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
Do we actually get to see him in custody?... or just get told that, "... we can absolutely 100% confirm that Chauvin has been arrested and is most definitely, without doubt in custody... phew... everyone can calm down now".

I'm still questioning the "POLICE" license plate from the original video. Can someone confirm... Do all police vehicle license plates in Minneapolis read "POLICE"???

Edited to add screen capture from video:

I noticed that the other day too.
I don’t see how plates could all say just “POLICE” without something to differentiate between vehicles.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Custody is usually considered the second step after arrest.

Section 167 of the Code of Criminal Procedure provides that a person may be kept in police custody to the extent of 15 days at the order of the Magistrate for further inquiry and investigation.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Ya that is weird.
I googled it and a bunch of pictures came up of different police cruisers in Minni, with the same license plate.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just saw a news flash......
Chauvin has been charged with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter.
No link yet.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They are just trowing him under the bus to protect the city and calm the masses.
I do not believe he is guilty in anything... he did not torture or tried to kill him.
Cops are use to people yelling all kind of stuff when detained.. I cannot breath. your breaking my arm.. and so...
It was a accident that no one wanted.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Obviously a PR move to help the riot situation, obviously guilty but we know how rare it is for a police officer to catch a charge for brutality. He will have a long drawn out trial and end up with a slap on the wrist...if not aquitted.

Sadly, if this video did not go viral he would still be on the streets in uniform.
edit on 29-5-2020 by jrod because: G

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join