It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a major internal US conflict?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Rob808
You seem to not understand what the Boston tea party was about. Again context is key and you just can’t see it. The tea coming from England was being heavily taxed and the Americans didn’t want to pay the tax, so they destroyed the tea instead, a very distinct and clear message to the British authority.

Burning target and stealing a tv, what’s the clear and distinct message that is being sent hear? Enlighten us...

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Perhaps they’re showing you what it feels like to be powerless to stop violence against “your people.”

That’s the easiest low-hanging fruit. When you push people, someday, they push back.

But keep believing this is just about George Floyd.

That's a tactic that by default renders everything they want and claim null & void. No legitimate issue resorts to what is effectively domestic terrorism and wanton theft to try to make a serious dent. It just does not work, it nukes credibility into oblivion.

Right.

Just last week, you and others here were blathering on about revolution, and you think that stealing TVs is as bad as it can get?

Step aside from the knee-jerk law-and-order us-and-them stuff for JUST a second Nyah.

The government is not on your side. The National Guard is not on your side.

The protestors are not all criminals, the criminals are not all protestors.

Everything that has happened in this country in 2020 has been a series of phases in a much larger action.

IMO.
edit on 31-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have zero issue with the protestors. Where the hell did you get the idea that I do??

What I have a problem with is rioters, which is who's razing everything. As a topic & tactic, I am neutral overall on riots -- they have a place in specific contexts.

This is NOT one of them.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Can you expand on “your people” ? Say what you mean. a reply to: Gryphon66

edit on 31-5-2020 by Rob808 because: I bad speller

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I have zero issue with the protestors. Where the hell did you get the idea that I do??

What I have a problem with is rioters, which is who's razing everything. As a topic & tactic, I am neutral overall on riots -- they have a place in specific contexts.

This is NOT one of them.

I’m not trying to argue with you Nyiah. I’m suggesting that the situation is not a simple one.

One person’s riot is another person’s declaration of freedom. Some folks talk about their rights to go to church as they wish, or not wear a mask ... some, just don’t want their kids, or brothers/husbands to be murdered by bad cops.

I do agree though that “the rioters” or more exactly “the ones instigating the rioting” are not there because of Floyd.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Race and racial tensions are one of the tools of the oppressors.

The folks in the streets feel like “their people” are being murdered by the Government.

Some folks here feel like “their people” are being protected by the Government.

I don’t think it matters what synonym goes in the quotes.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It is that simple. No matter how you cut it, this isn't a protest with merit, it's thieves & vandals rioting to create chaos to steal & destroy. And in some cases, kill & beat to near-death.

Stop trying to validate them, it's as limp as a spaghetti noodle. They're not fighting for anything, they're destroying & looting because they CAN. It's time to look into that 1800's Insurrection Act, it worked in '92.
edit on 5/31/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
sorry you’re being quite cryptic. Again, you said “your people” in response to me, in quotes. What exactly did you mean there?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

sorry you’re being quite cryptic. Again, you said “your people” in response to me, in quotes. What exactly did you mean there?

I get the impression here that he's trying to be very cagey about placing blame & supporting the rioters' burning & stealing everything. Because, you know, declaring freedom or some other lame transparent excuse.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I try to not assign motive without discussing first, but my impression is the original post has an almost accusatory nature to it and some racist undertones which has left me befuddled. I was asking for clarity on comments...

a reply to: Nyiah

edit on 31-5-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I try to not assign motive without discussing first, but my impression is the original post has an almost accusatory nature to it and some racist undertones which has left me befuddled. I was asking for clarity on comments...

I completely understand that. I think we're both looking at the same questionable thing from different angles also, to be honest.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I also think you are most likely correct in your judgement here

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

What difference does it make? Property destruction as a protest is what the Boston Tea Party was all about. Don't tell me that the Founding Fathers were above destroying their neighbor's property for their cause.

Yes, their protests were about being over taxed financially. These protests are about the propensity of outlaw police officers to murder civilians.
edit on 31-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Fact is, Minnesota is not too far away from descending into anarchy. The cops in that city have been proven to be an utter waste of space and money, and a little lethal without reason. Clearly however, those rioting are not 'terrorists', they are 'rioters', not IS. Some people really do get carried away with their self-righteousness, it is a poor moronic perspective.

Nevertheless, you cannot allow a large city to descend into anarchy, because once it appears, it is hard to switch it off for dialogue to occur, and a solution found. With Trump stating that 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts' doesn't help things, either. Yet, looters may end up being shot by owners whose businesses are being ransacked. Coming from the pen of Trump, it can only mean that looters will be shot military, and I think the authorities have to usher in martial law to be able to do that?

Thing is, a genuine protester may end up dying in the very circumstance in which he or she is protesting?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Fact is, Minnesota is not too far away from descending into anarchy. The cops in that city have been proven to be an utter waste of space and money, and a little lethal without reason.

The Police are out of control over there!

twitter.com...

The curfew order was for public streets and public areas, These people were on the second floor, inside their house, on a bedroom balcony, when cops opened fire, paint balls, on them! CRAZY and SCARY!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think I've seen that movie, the sound of freedom it seemed very realistic.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Cool. Cool. Can we get the police and national guard to fire on people sitting on their own front porch like they did in Minneapolis last night?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: elysiumfire

Fact is, Minnesota is not too far away from descending into anarchy. The cops in that city have been proven to be an utter waste of space and money, and a little lethal without reason.

The Police are out of control over there!

twitter.com...

The curfew order was for public streets and public areas, These people were on the second floor, inside their house, on a bedroom balcony, when cops opened fire, paint balls, on them! CRAZY and SCARY!

Omg nooooooo!

Paintballs!

Cities burning down, business owners being beaten nearly to death, cops being attacked

And a cop that told people over and over to get inside shot one with a paintball?!!!!!

Well now I’m outraged!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The sad thing to me is you believe the people burning down cities beating store owners neatly to death, and chanting death to cops and white people are on your side

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Say it with me one time: the police and national guard have no authority to shoot anything at private citizens on their own damn property, ever.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fraud.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You're very cavalier with innocent civilian people getting shot at by police for standing on their own private balcony.

Hey, it was only family dog that cop shot. Hey, it was only a black man with criminal history that those cops publicly murdered in cold blood. Hey, it's only paint balls, that cops are storming peaceful neighborhoods and shooting up civilians with...

You're awfully bitter about stay at home orders, I get it. But mocking this kind of abuse of power isn't helping your cause. You small little man.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join