It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a major internal US conflict?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Rioting solves nothing either, and in the end, they'll be wanting the government to rebuild it all.

How else do you restore legal order? If the local law enforcement is unable to do it, then the next step is taken. If they are unwilling to have it restored, they continue to rebel. Out of such things, revolution is born. Then the crux of the matter is whether or not enough of us join them of not to make their revolution matter in the grand scheme of things.

In other words, is the situation bad enough that we feel like scrapping everything for whatever would grow from their grievances and revolution?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: proximo

Will that be the last territorial demand?

2nd.

Something tells me if it was your neighborhood rioters were destroying, you wouldn't tell the national guard to leave if they showed up.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Do you think temper tantrums accomplish anything in real life, or do they just make the situation worse?

I believe I already said what they did is wrong and illegal in every way.

Me thinking our military shouldn't be deployed doesn't equate to defending assholes.

If the police are refusing to do the job - what is the alternative?

Do nothing? No matter how many buildings they burn down?

Big stores like TARGET are closing in central Minneapolis. It will look like parts of Detroit soon.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree that the property destruction is unacceptable.

I'd rather give State and local authorities a chance before going full metal Federal Tyranny (again) though.

I undersand Lincoln had some very logical reasons for everything he did, too.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't see this as the beginning of a revolution.

Anyone dumb enough to ruin their own community, and destroy the property of people who had nothing to do with what one police officer did is obviously flawed ideology.

Ironically this also ruins any cause they're rioting for. Look around, everyone just wants order, and most people think these people are assholes.

I'm just hard pressed to believe we've already exhausted every level of police force in that state. This isn't the first time we've seen a city riot after someone is killed by the cops. It always blows over. I would rather reserve using the military which could very likely make things worse in the short and long term.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I'd rather give State and local authorities a chance before going full metal Federal Tyranny (again) though.

State and local are the reason Minneapolis has entire blocks of smoldering ash and family owned businesses destroyed this morning. They failed.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Using the military to quell domestic terrorism should be allowed.

Amazing how, in four short years, ATS members have gone from:

"Obama has declared conservatives as domestic terrorists and will declare martial law!"

to

"It's OK if the US military kills US citizens on American soil at the direction of the POTUS."

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

State and local are the reason Minneapolis has entire blocks of smoldering ash and family owned businesses destroyed this morning. They failed.

I'm proud of you Burd, really. Not some of the other jackwagons, but you, I am. I'm serious.

You still have hope.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

International

Agents

Provocateurs !!

😷

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I hope most of you posting in this have the dignity to no longer refer to yourselves as anything approaching libertarian.

Or supporting the US Constitution.

Or the rule-of-law.

Or common decency.

Common decency wouldn't support over 170 business's being destroyed in a single city or the snip that's spread to others that had nothing to do with it.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

He isn't arrested yet for the same reason Officer Noor wasn't immediately arrested - they do the investigation before the hand the files over to the people who lay the charges at which point arrests are made. This was the same thing that was done with Noor after he shot Justine Damond.

That they've already been fired where Noor was kept on administrative leave through this part of the process should be a big tell that they're going to be arrested and charged unless the investigation turns up something absolutely, mind-blowingly shocking, and I'm not holding my breath for that.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Breaking news says Chauvin was arrested.

q13fox.com...

I love how Fox tries to make it a racial thing.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't see it either.

But that's how revolutions start. People start to disobey and enough of them agree that even when the otherwise lawful authorities attempt to restore order, things escalate in ever increasing cycles until there is a revolution and full-blown war. History is then written by the victors.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

We all knew it was coming, and I'm not surprised at all. Hell, Chauvin had to know it was coming, and I'm sure some of the other officers at the scene are just counting the hours until the cops are coming to cuff them too.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
T hat's effed up.

Somali shoots an Aussie.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You don't remember that? I'll repeat - at this point, I think the real issue here is the entire police department in Minneapolis. You don't have two high profile eff-ups like this and not have some kind of serious issues going on in your organization. That's why I don't think this was necessarily racism so much as an institutional problem with the PD itself.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I don't what their problem is.

Anyone trying to blame the current prez is full of crap.

thefederalistpapers.org...

If the cops are 'racist' remember who they support, and it's not the current prez or his party.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

During his 19-year career as a Minneapolis police officer, Derick Chauvin, who was fired on Tuesday, had at least 10 conduct complaints filed against him, according to a database documenting those complaints.

thefederalistpapers.org...

It is rather hard to fire union people.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: 727Sky

Try to imagine right wing rioters burning down a town while some chant kill he black folk

You think the police would stand down, or take out those right wing terrorists and racist?

You think CNN and the dems would call these people heroes?

Very good way to put it.

It's not only CNN we have hollywood celebrities saying they want to bail out the "protestors" and others yelling on twitter to burn down the city.

All of this about a cop who 95% of the whole country wants punished harshly for what he did - there isn't even any disagreement about it - yet people still think it is good idea to burn down the city????

Is everyone crazy?

Some of the comments seems like no one is watching the news unless you're cherry picking random clips off the internet to fit your narrative.

95% off the country lol...not even close...there is even a disagreement about it? Why is he not arrested yet? LOL

Yes 95% of the country.

Ask around find anyone that thinks what he did is justified. Search you tube and twitter for people supporting the cop.
Heck, just look on this site and find anyone justifying what the cop did. You are blind if you can't see everyone thinks what he did was outrageous.

Why is he not yet arrested - that is a very good question.

My best guess the people running Minneapolis actually want a riot - that is why they are standing down the cops. We already know the AG supports Antifa, and the mayor seems fine with the rioting. Why would they want a riot, to continue racial divide which they think will keep blacks continuing to vote Democratic.

Ha, you only think 5% of the country is racist, well ok then. Why is it about what my opinion is now? I'm not 95% of the country. There is no reason to talk about how I feel changing the subject away from your 95% made up fact. You pulled the 95% number out of the air, correct? He died on Monday, the whole country was already took a poll, and it's been reviewed and published? LOL

He's not arrested because the FBI wants more evidence.

The chief of Police said on the air yesterday he does not want more tragedies. So maybe there is your answer. I'm hearing completely different opinions of ATS pro-riot conspiracies. Anyone who is anyone on the media is condemning the rioters, opposite of ATS current conspiracy. We will probably go through 10 pages of this before ATS wises up.

Sorry but making the riots from the killing of George Floyd purely a democratic voting plot shows no understanding of the gravity of the killing of George Floyd.

Yes, in any kind of meaningful way - meaning they will act out because of it, I think at most 5% is racist.

If the US is so racist how come there are only a few thousand white nationalists - and most of them are in prison? It is a leftist media bunch of BS that claims Trump supporters are racists. I have never met a racist trump supporter.

I did not say the whole thing was a democratic voting plot - it is only my speculation on why the rioting is being allowed to continue. There are millions of people that are legit angry. But the question is the anger actually truly justified if the vast majority is on their side and hates police brutality - including almost all cops. Every one I have heard is calling this cop a POS that they are giving all other cops a bad name.

My whole point is you aren't going to accomplish anything positive rioting trying to convince people of something they already believe. You are just going to make people mad at you for acting like a fool irrationally.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
a reply to: Grambler

Lol, left wing terrorists. Always have to make it seem so political. This is deeper than politics.

You really think those rioters all vote? Sure, they want whats beneficial to them but it's not like they follow CNN.

Can you give them one good reason to vote Republican considering their demographics?

Sadly you want to be sold a particular narrative. This particular one has been being groomed for decades. I can promise you that many "professional" agitators have been in place weeks before this happened.

Who says this cop killed this guy for racial reasons? Did you know that they knew eachother personally? Do you remember a while back (not too long ago) that a black cop killed a white woman he was arresting? Why is that one not about race but this one is? The reason is completely that this is the narrative that certain powers wants to reign supreme.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join