It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do black lives really matter?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Krakatoa

Unless, that is, it rubs your fur the wrong way?

Honest answers require honest questions before any solutions can be implemented.

I agree, but why can't I ask honest questions without having my motives questioned? Maybe that's a problem, a big problem, here. As a white man I can't ask tough questions without being suspected of being a racist. Which is kind of racist in itself.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Somekindofwizard

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.' - Some famous guy in some famous document.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This isn't about neighbour killing neighbour, this is about LE, who have power given by the state over us..having their way, getting away.

There's that.

I think that the four of them deserve a 90 day sentence.

In a federal prison.

General population.

Not gonna happen, but it'd work for me.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

This isn't about neighbour killing neighbour, this is about LE, who have power given by the state over us..having their way, getting away.

If you honestly think that LE has an agenda to kill black people then you're a moron. If that's their goal then they're doing a really poor job.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.' - Some famous guy in some famous document.

Did you read the op or just the thread title? I think you just read the title.

(post by vonclod removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard
Krakatoa

Honest answers require honest questions before any solutions can be implemented.

I agree, but why can't I ask honest questions without having my motives questioned? Maybe that's a problem, a big problem, here. As a white man I can't ask tough questions without being suspected of being a racist. Which is kind of racist in itself.

I was responding to the poster of the post I quoted, not you. I was questioning their response and lack of asking those pertinent questions.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Krakatoa

I was responding to the poster of the post I quoted, not you. I was questioning their response and lack of asking those pertinent questions.

Fair enough.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

There's that.

In a federal prison.

General population.

Make them wear assless chaps too

I figure at least manslaughter here, probably more.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If the media did, they'd look ether racist, or indifferent about local gang shootings an would only reinforce the stereotype. I blame anime, unrealistic wardrobes, an bitches...cant forget em.

Also it doesnt fit in with the while Freedom fighter brainwashing thing.

edit on 27-5-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

There's that.

In a federal prison.

General population.

But, aren't ALL chaps...."assless"? That is just how they are designed.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

There's more than 700,000 LE in this country. A few are going to make mistakes and do the wrong thing. If you think they all get away with it you haven't been paying attention. The officers involved were FIRED, not put on leave and are under investigation by the FBI. The point of the thread is that the media, and general population it seems, only care about black lives when it works for their agenda.
edit on Wed May 27 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Black Lives only "matter" if it's a White person who takes that life.

This weekend in Chicago most of the 42 people shot were Black and the shooter was Black. (Nobody Cares)
Ref: heyjackass.com...

Black Moms aborted hundreds of about-to-be-born Black babies this year in the city. (Nobody Cares)

edit on 5/27/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

There's that.

In a federal prison.

General population.

But, aren't ALL chaps...."assless"? That is just how they are designed.

Tip of the hat to you!..lol

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The only time the media cares is when the black persons who Was a POS and Was killed by a white person

The question is why does the black community supports people they cannot honestly think are good people.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

But those governments, organizations, and corporations are just a collective of people doing things that benefit them, just as we all are.

Sure you can assume in a higher stakes game there are more people's lives or livelihoods at stake. Weighing such decisions could lead to a more egocentric being.

Its simply an extrapolation of the ego that already exists in them, it could worsen it, but it just is and has been the human condition from the beginning.

Nothin will ever change until each person asks more out of the person of the mirror and those within their reach than they do of others.

We team together to beat back nature to provide enough comfort for ourselves to kill each other in.

Insanity

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Hey, my bad. My reply to you was actually meant for another poster. Got my lines crossed. Sorry.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

There's more than 700,000 LE in this country. A few are going to make mistakes and do the wrong thing. If you think they all get away with it you haven't been paying attention.

If it's caught on camera..sure, as of late, I agree, they are less likely to get away with it. I don't know wtf was wrong with these 4, to let this happen. Thats the problem, I think there is a thin blue line culture in LE, nobody want to stick their neck out..or, all 4 of these clowns are sociopaths?

The point of the thread is that the media, and general population it seems, only care about black lives when it works for their agenda.

I suppose there is some truth in that.

I tend to see this stuff as "authoritarian" how we(all creeds) are treated by those with power over us. Still, if you ask me, I'm sure black people get the short end of the stick sometimes, they do in convictions, and sentence lengths.

It would not matter to me, if the racial makeup was different in the Minneapolis incident, it would be just as infuriating/sickening to watch a dude die like that.

edit on 27-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

Hey, my bad. My reply to you was actually meant for another poster. Got my lines crossed. Sorry.

Ok, I was wondering where that came from

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have been fuming about this all day.

The best I can figure, it comes down to this:

There are people who need to feel morally superior. They need to be seen/heard fighting the good fight. What happened in Minneapolis is clear cut. Simple. Unambiguous. It feeds the need very well. Chicago does not. Complex issues or situations which require someone to hold multiple ideas in their head at the same time and/or plumb distinctions do not meet this criteria. How does one self pleasure on the soap box when an explanation is required? A simple picture works so much better.

Some of the most prejudiced people I know are also the most left leaning progressive types. I think their self-flagellation in a very public manner is supposed to distract anyone making that observation.

Meanwhile, kids in Chicago keep getting shot and few give a damn

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join