It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the CDC Thinks Schools Should Look Like This Fall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If schools are just going to be like that, just keep them closed. FFS. Kids are dirty. They won't follow those guidelines at all. I went to school during swine flu and H1N1 and we didn't give a #.

Keep them closed until there's a vaccine and put the funding towards home school programs and expanding unemployment for parents. They're just going to infect these kids and teachers, and bring it back to homes. Then we'll be back in this stupid lockdown for another 4 months all over again.
edit on 25-5-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The CDC has released school opening guidelines, and they're predictably nuts.

Wear masks if over the age of two

Wow, my school is being more reasonable than I thought - their age requirement for masks is 3, not 2.

Can you imagine being a gradeschool kid going to a school like this?!.

Mine never will, thats for sure. The 'masks for kids' and 'social distancing' were the two deal breakers for me. I'm now looking for local home-school group options.

My kids will never go to a school that teaches them to be afraid of others, everything they may touch or their own shadows. I was hoping the smaller Montessori schools wouldn't go all-in on the bat-snip crazy... but they did.

I'm really looking forward to the Zoom meeting next week with the school Admins and all of the Parents, so I can make my point of view known for all to see and hear.

edit on 25-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

ha probally but how do they even do detentions if they have to adhere to these rules lol i mean say the kids say screw all the rules not like they can put them all in detention at same time if they are following guidelines

so it seems this may effect school sports ,and dances are probably dead as i dont see schools wanting to deal with liability issues for those . the same for field trips and how is the bus schedule gonna work for crowded districts? they gonna get even more busses for the new social distancing spacing

id imagine homeschooling is gonna take off if they try to even implement half of this and this during a time when alot of states are slashing school budgets (see ca and ny) how the hell are they gonna pay for this?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Theres absolutely no way that's going happen. This liberal way of thinking without thinking is just mind blowing. WTH is the matter with these people. I call BS

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Here's what the guidelines actually say about masks.

Teach and reinforce use of cloth face coverings. Face coverings may be challenging for students (especially younger students) to wear in all-day settings such as school. Face coverings should be worn by staff and students (particularly older students) as feasible, and are most essential in times when physical distancing is difficult.

www.cdc.gov...

If you have concerns about what your child's school may implement I would recommend consulting with them. This is, after all, a shopping list of suggestions.

Implementation should be guided by what is feasible, practical, acceptable, and tailored to the needs of each community.

edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
If you have concerns about what your child's school may implement I would recommend consulting with them. This is, after all, a shopping list of suggestions.

My concern is they are teaching them to be afraid... of each other, of their environment, even of themselves.

Not my children.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I don't think prudence is the same is fear. I don't think most teachers teach fear. But then, my daughter graduated from high school on Saturday. Yay.

So you've been ok with your child's schooling up until now. Have you had contact with the school administrators prior to this? Are they unreasonable?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't think prudence is the same is fear.

It isn't. They are very different things.

Demanding that 3 yr olds wear face masks all day at school and stay 6 feet apart from everyone else, teachers included isn't prudence, it is stupid, and teaches them fear.

I don't think most teachers teach fear.

If they are forcing them to do these things, that, in and of itself, is teaching them fear.

So you've been ok with your child's schooling up until now. Have you had contact with the school administrators prior to this? Are they unreasonable?

We have a Zoom conference call set for tomorrow, but from their emails, they are not asking... they are simply dictating how it will be, which means our daughter no longer has a school.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Demanding that 3 yr olds wear face masks all day at school

There are no such demands, that I know of.

So, your experience with the school is that they ignore parents' concerns? Yeah, that's not good. Surprising your child was there at all.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

"Demanding that 3 yr olds wear face masks all day at school"

There are no such demands, that I know of.

Maybe you shouldn't speak about things you don't know about then.

First, the 'guidelines' - that demwits and tyranny lovers want everyone to take as direct orders from on high - suggest that any children 2 years and older should wear masks.

When I said 'demand', I was talking about my school - they will not allow any children to come if they don't wear the masks. It is a requirement.

So, your experience with the school is that they ignore parents' concerns? Yeah, that's not good. Surprising your child was there at all.

Ummm... I'm not sure where you live, but there is not one single public school that gives a rats patootie what any parent thinks about their rules, their curriculum, or anything else for that matter. Some private schools are better, but some are not.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Avoid sharing electronic devices, toys, games, or learning aids

I call that a win against the commies.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have you checked into homeschooling?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Never going to happen, don’t sweat the dumbs.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Very strange...will this make us tougher or weaker putting all these precautions in place?

Are the people who been quarantine more susceptible then people who have been going out.

The human body can overcome and learn to defeat things...hiding and changing doesnt make humans stronger.

It's going to be sad to see...

Did you mention if one person in the school tests positive. does the entire school close ?

Can uv lights be installed and used at night to disinfect everything?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Who’s defining what a community needs? Seems like it’s not the community itself but one who is in a position of power in the community. I’m sure you agree those in positions of power never abuse that power, right?

a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I have been an educator for twenty four years. My wife has been in education just as long, but she has been an Assistant Principal for the last four years. I have taught at an Independent school for the last fifteen years (Was in Public School before that), and my wife has always been in Public Schools. Our twenty one years of marriage has ALWAYS centered around education.

The CDC list is impossible. Period.

My school is on schedule to open up this Fall (again...Independent school that functions under its own rules), but we are also set up to allow for "distance learning" while having school in real time. When the adults in the kid's lives are spending $30,000 a year to send their kids to Middle School, they expect us to be prepared for anything. And, we are.

But, the CDC list is ridiculous. It's just not possible.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The CDC has released school opening guidelines, and they're predictably nuts.

Wear masks if over the age of two
Discourage sharing of items or supplies that can’t be easily cleaned between uses
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces between uses
Develop a schedule for increased, routine cleaning and disinfection
All belongings separated into individual cubbies or labeled containers
Avoid sharing electronic devices, toys, games, or learning aids
Desks should be 6-feet apart and all facing the same direction
One child per seat on school buses and skip rows between riders
Install sneeze guards or partitions where 6-feet-apart won’t work
One-way routes in hallways
Tape on sidewalks and walls to ensure kids stay 6 feet apart
Close shared spaces like cafeterias and playgrounds
Physical barriers or screens between sinks in bathrooms
Children either bring their own meals or serve individually plated meals in the classroom
Kids eat lunch in classrooms
Virtual events in lieu of field trips
The same children stay with the same staff all-day
Avoid switching groups or teachers
Stagger student arrival and departure times to limit crowds of kids
Limit non-essential volunteers and visitors
If possible, daily health and temperature checks

Any time I feel like throwing in the towel on HSing our 12 & 11 year olds, I should come back and reacquaint myself with this. The voice in the back of the head will surely go "Yeah, f# that, they're good right here." The complete paranoid freaks can continue to brick & mortar theirs in Bubble Boy garb.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

People tend to forget babies come out the vagina/c-section slit a blank canvas to finish rounding out over 18 years.
People bitching about the pansy-ass millennials, hey, guess what?

Y'all need to go to the source for the bitchslaps. Your generation kin #d up. Great job there in ignoring that.
At least my own parents had the good sense to not raise three ree-rees -- we can chew up and spit out those ree-rees no problemo.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
You think you lot have it bad, this is Frances answer to social distancing at playtime. Imagine as a kiddie having to stay in your square and not be allowed to play with your friends.

We could end up with a generation of anti social scared to touch kids with some form of autism. As the school year finishes in 6 weeks anyway I think its utterly pointless sending kids back in these circumstances for a few weeks, not to mention the teachers who are allowed to teach kids but aren't allowed to see their own parents.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

That's not just messed up, it's psychologically abusive. Kids are going to end up #d up beyond help, and boy oh boy, am I not going to let people forget the pants pissing they used as an excuse to warp them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join