It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all in this together??? WTH???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Welcome to Flatland.
You've never been here before?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If we're not all in agreement on opening back up immediately, then we're not in this together, and I don't want to be "in it" together with a micro-manage-y control freak support muppet anyway.

Your type is in it on your own, asshats.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Welcome to Flatland.
You've never been here before?

Are you kidding???????

Do you honestly think any, ANY, I don't care who they are, politician today could wrap their head around that text?

These people can only think as far as the end of their arm (unless it comes to stealing your money), and then they hire everyone else.

Furthermore, Flatland, Abbot, had it all wrong...women are the geometric figures and men have been relegated to being the straight lines. Politicians are the 'fictitious' 4 dimensional creatures (in their own minds), because like the Wizard of Oz, they really aren't "real" at all.

Let's pull back the curtain! Over and over!
edit on 5/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Your thread needs a theme song.

I have this damn song playing in my head, ugh..

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

DAMN YOU!!

If I had to pick a song, it might be this one which says it better...a WHOLE LOT better! The Grand Finale of sorts.

Note to all: It might be good to spend a moment to listen to this song. It's been going through my head for months now. ...

edit on 5/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If we're not all in agreement on opening back up immediately, then we're not in this together, and I don't want to be "in it" together with a micro-manage-y control freak support muppet anyway.

Your type is in it on your own, asshats.

Here Here!!!

PM Flyingclaydisk

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Anything to get that other monotonous song out of my head.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Are YOU "all in this together"???

Not really! I'm not with them in "we're all in this together" and free will decision counts a lot. In any case, in my opinion, what they're really saying with this notorious phrase, is "If/When the ship sinks, we're going all down together! You're no better than us!"

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It drives me insane too. It's just one of the many brainwashing techniques being used now. And I am so sick of the new normal and how many people, here included, are just buying into every single thing they've been told abut the virus and how we can a ever go back to living normal again. There is absolutely nothing about this that should prevent us from living as we always have. It's a freakin virus people. Unless it's something else that we haven't been told, it's a virus.

It also amazes me how everything had to be shutdown, no movies could be filmed, TV show production shut down. Yet, there are hundreds of new commercials that have somehow been filmed when nothing else was able to. Unless of course, they were filmed ahead of time.

The phrase is annoying as hell, we are not in this together. And the only thing that this social distancing thing accomplishes is it ensures they will face a lot less resistance for when TSHTF.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

But, but...they'll NEVER say that!!

They'll say.."you stay here and you'll be safe. everything is okay! Just put on your life jacket (mask). Trust us!" (as the helicopter comes into rescue THEM)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

We're all in this together really means that we're all collectively screwed.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You must lack cognitive thinking if you can see what the OPs intent is. There is an increasing amount of division and isolation in our daily lives from what would be otherwise normal interaction with other people. The we are in this together mantra is almost a cruel joke at the reality. To argue the whole world is equally affected is also laughable and ignorant.

a reply to: hombero

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Of course you are on to something here OP. Just the fact that this
message was chosen to be drilled in our heads over and over. And
was used from the get go and beyond is highly suspicious. It is
meant to convince us that the virus has attacked humanity as a whole.

But all the message does in my mind is create the question.

Why would anyone think they had to convince me of that if it were true?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Does this mean that Hillary Clinton no longer views half the country as "deplorable"? If, "we are all in it together" she does.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

''Yet, there are hundreds of new commercials that have somehow been filmed when nothing else was able to. Unless of course, they were filmed ahead of time.''

Nice catch!!! Also the news has not only never stopped filming, but has filmed about another billion 'billable' hours of juicy tidbits.
ETA I saw a commercial for some furniture company yesterday delivering a couch and the truck drivers and the homeowner were wearing masks. That was not filmed ahead of time.

edit on 23-5-2020 by schmae because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2020 by schmae because: adding more crap

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I am a libertarian as well, but clearly not as educated in the party platform as you are.
I think we got different handbooks.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae

I am a libertarian as well, but clearly not as educated in the party platform as you are.
I think we got different handbooks.

Ummm...no...your just comfortable being an...”in name only”...which...if your were a republican...would make you a RINO...

You probably shouldn’t call yourself a libertarian...not actually comprehending what that actually means...and not understanding the immense responsibility inherent in any discussion and claim of and for...liberty...or freedom...or rights...

Just an observation...from one who has bothered to consider what such actually entails...and how extremely unworkable actual Libertarianism is...in any current society...

Your move...

YouSir

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yeah, we are all in this together. The morons of the world have stuck us in this place....

Do we stand together? No. My outright hatred for the liberal left and my fellow Americans has never been higher. Ever.

But are we all in this together? Yes. You can think your liberal neighbor for that.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

In the immortal words of the fabled Jedi Master, Yoda...

"A sock in it, you should stuff!"

edit on 5/23/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You sir, are correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join