It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all in this together??? WTH???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I doubt the virus cares to play word games and shifting definitions

Nope you’re right. This virus just likes to play: minor aches and pains, a little fatigue, and possibly some breathing issues for a week or so — if any symptoms at all....
edit on 22-5-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I wouldn't go near that crazy witch's house!!

Wouldn't mind taking a dump on her front porch though! Seems like that's all the rage in her neighborhood.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It is to help us with our Borg assimilation. Feeling singular is not allowed! You will welcome the hypnotic hum of the hive mind! Bwahahaha

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I dont think people even understand what kind of world they are working towards and building.

Its been marketed very successfully. How could anyone be against [insert buzzword here]?

Words are more important than actions. The individual is demonized. And the only path forward is the one conveniently provided to us by the aristocracy. For the greater good, naturally. If you disagree, you want people to die and are probably a bigot.

"Were all in this together.. except for you and you and you."

I like my Plan B, unsurprisingly.

But, Im inclined to like anything thats clever enough to appeal to so-called "individualists," collectivists, and anything in between.. While also building a stronger nation from the individual (gasp!) level on up. While also reducing or eliminating the total dependency on centralized, corrupt structures (gasp!).

Ive recently had people stop talking to me (I think) for expressing such notions.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Maybe you've hit on the real world translation.

'We're all in this together' = 'You will be assimilated'

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You must lack imagination if you can't understand how we are all truly in this together.

It effects the entire species. It's going to change the way we do everything.

Eta: I doubt the virus cares to play word games and shifting definitions

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's the irony. We as a species face the same threat. Our solution was to face that threat separately on an individual basis. But that's a blanket policy where every person is given the same instructions without regard for their medical profile. Masks are recommended, criticized, made optional, and then labeled "mandatory". The virus was on surfaces, then air born, now unlikely to transfer by touch. The experts can't agree on anything except that "informing the public" aka doing everything in your power to make them afraid, is the correct method for preventing unhygienic practices. Meanwhile big pharma continues to capitalize on tobacco, alcohol and opioid addictions because we are allowed to voluntarily give ourselves cancer by putting unhygienic substances in our flesh. Hello Botox. But the biggest irony here is expressing a sense of community and promoting the need for continued isolation in the same sentence. It's classically described as an OXYMORON. Emphasis on the moron.
edit on 22-5-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Words are more important than actions. The individual is demonized. And the only path forward is the one conveniently provided to us by the aristocracy. For the greater good, naturally. If you disagree, you want people to die and are probably a bigot.

"Were all in this together.. except for you and you and you."

Yeah. You and you and you and you. Such BS.

I have lost a brother and a best friend so far but what the hell?

"Aint nothing to it, gangsta rap made me do it."

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

“Selfish to not wear a mask.”

Well said on your entire post. I particularly liked this quote above.

If this is the case — then I’m the worlds biggest narcissist.

But we are all in this together!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Exactly!

And the only path forward is the one conveniently provided to us by the aristocracy. For the greater good,...

...together!

Because you, as an individual, do not matter, only the collective does, and the collective is all together...so if you're not part of the collective, and 'together' with everyone else, then you are an outsider, a loner...a ROGUE...and 'together' we will deal with you, we will make you kneel or dispose of you! Because you are the problem!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah.. And its all over meaningless DoubleSpeak too. Dont question it! And under no circumstances should one speak about things outside the Narrative. Best to just take up the banner of the pre-defined opposition.

I cant.. not.. take the stance I have. There are simply better alternatives regardless of political team. If thinking that is blasphemy, then I suppose Ill just have to continue being the friendly neighborhood heretic.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It's not really "all in this together" when some have evictions and utility cut offs hanging over their heads as soon as emergency declarations are lifted with no jobs to return to due to so many businesses closing permanently and are having to wait in food lines before the rooster crows just to feed their families while others are chilling in luxury and eating gourmet ice cream from their custom designed special ice cream freezers!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That's' my ish, in a nutshell. The polarization-police push everything off the table in two directions, claim there are no alternatives and demand I pick one. I got news. This isn't a place and those options aren't things.

This is a tiny panopticon inside a bubble of black and white choices. This is a tiny sample floating inside a vast field of potential outcomes and worlds.

They can GYTS is they think I'm picking a team. I wanna see both teams in a death match with Godzilla.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I hate the phrase.
Every GD time you turn the TV on in the UK you get adverts or government messages telling us we are "all in it together."

The worst offenders apart from the government are the banks-all the main banks here are putting on wholesome bloody adverts with friendly looking actors pretending to be bank workers,who are all "here to help YOU" and "all in it together."

You can smell the pschological manipulation and BS through the screen.

Government and banks want to help me?
Really?
But what if I have no money-or worse OWE money?
Well,then thats different-If thats the case they will use violence to steal my property and deprive me of my liberty until I have payed back the money.
Who else does that?
The freaking MAFIA thats who.

The government and the banks are legalized mafia.

So forgive me if I want to puke and set the damn TV/mind control machine on fire.

(I try not to watch TV but others in my house do sadly)
Sorry for ranting.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Its been interesting to see the shift from people simply thinking Im crazy.. to actually being disgusted with me.

Frequently the very same people that a few short years ago thought the stuff I was working on was "cool." Ive whittled it down now for quick dismissal

Per household:
$1k on solar/wind/hydro
$1k on aquaponics
$500 on a 3d printer

Are there other ideas too? Im sure! But I dont see many talking about them, and most dont actually address how this feudal system is perpetuated. Nor do they address the modern slave hive mind we are marching towards, and how all of it can be used to apply pressure to dissidents.

I also have become increasingly convinced that The Virus, while novel itself, is being used to coverup the damage done to the general population by many major industries. That damage just reached a tipping point. But, it also implies that even though the whole "its a virus that does everything to everyone in perpetuity" narrative is a sham.. The damage being done is very real.

Quite dangerous thoughts for a serf to have, I suppose.

Maybe we should start a club. The "I dont want to be corporate/political slave that gets mindf%*!ed every moment of every day" support group lol

Our slogan might be "we can disagree with each other and still think the others are people"

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
right now the msm tv, print, radio and internet media are merely a vast sausage-making machine of soundbites and mantra.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It's not really "all in this together" when some have evictions and utility cut offs hanging over their heads as soon as emergency declarations are lifted with no jobs to return to due to so many businesses closing permanently and are having to wait in food lines before the rooster crows just to feed their families while others are chilling in luxury and eating gourmet ice cream from their custom designed special ice cream freezers!

Exactly. It's really hard to say we are all in this together when not all of our sacrifices are equal. Some havent sacrificed anything at all.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

More importantly, the ones who have suffered the least are the ones who probably deserve to suffer the MOST!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Word vomit:

We are all in this together to stay safe and flatten the curve during these unprecedented times until we can use the data and science learned by social distancing and self- quarantining to usher in a new normal and avoid a second wave.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, I could see how we are setting up for some future narratives to develop.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Seem more like a morale boost for countries and marketing campaigns, all the while making idiots look good.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its gotta be tough being a coward...cowards and heroes dont mix. a reply to: YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join