It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: seagull

I'm like you - mild claustrophobia with things covering my face like that. I have trouble with wearing a scarf even when it's sharp negatives with nasty wind chill in the winter. My nose gets frostbite.

Yeah, I have my little facemask for when I have to, but it's only on as long as it absolutely must be.

If you don't like wearing a mask, you will like having your lungs filled with fluid even less.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Considering that I'm the wrong age and still healthy, I'm not terribly worried that will happen to me even if I get. Also, there is every chance that I've already had it. I've explained that story here on this forum many, many times.

So if I've already had it, there is even less good being done by wearing the mask.

But, yes, I understand the story with you pearl-clutching Karens -- I must comply with every tiny regulation or I will surely die!

edit on 12-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Honestly all of these businesses are required to allow a pass if the customer states they cannot wear a mask due to an existing medical condition. There are then instructions not to question a customer any further if that response comes back. Anybody that pushes the matter can be subject to disciplinary measures.

Personally, I have not even run into a store in Hillsborough county Florida that was enforcing any such policy even when it is a corporate directive. The loss of choice for employees even in jurisdictions where no policy has been enacted by local governments has been really stressful though.

People are starting to feel like faceless machines without any say, ironically more so in companies billed as "Employee Owned".

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskepticalA healthy adult does not have their lungs fill with fluid with a corona infection. Someone with COPD or Bronchitis may, maybe asthma. Emphysema for sure. But 99.86% of regular healthy adults, children and even elders will suffer no such thing.

Time to kick the propaganda buddy, with your misguided belief South Dakota should have suffered an apocalyptic genocide for not even closing their state. Nothing of the sort happened. Pay attention to the areas not being covered by the terrorists in the media, there is a reason they do not want to cover them. They will be quick to report 17 new infections in a population of thirty million, and use big bold headlines to terrify you. But they will not cover the jurisdiction where life was perfectly normal when they did not succumb to the hysteria. That kills the narrative, and we cannot have documented facts beating the sensationalized terrorist programming.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I haven't really seen the mask plague here much yet. There are people wearing them in public, but most are not. Outside of physical therapy, I haven't been anywhere requiring them to be worn. Menard's is the only large business trying to enforce it on customers along with no children, and although he's the only person going out regularly in public, husband has been going to other hardware since the mask directive at Menard's ... it's just annoying when you don't have any masks, and when they're selling them inside the door ... well, it feels like a cheap cash grab more than anything.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

pearl-clutching Karens

Oh my! I'm saving that one for the books!!!
Good thing I was already done with the chocolate milk- it could have been ugly!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Good for you mama. Well played

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So one guy programmed with mainstream news accidentally bothered another person who was programmed with alt news. It seems alt news programs to be hair-triggered and extra upset at strangers about perceived loss of freedom.

Agenda of unrest achieved.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

the good thing about germany: we are pretty well organized and the majority of people stick to the measures - that's why we have the virus halfway under control. in contrast to america. there are reasons why america has the most cases and the most dead.
- the incompetent government
- the many ignorant people who do not show solidarity
- the health system

i don't like to wear the mask, but i do as soon as i enter a store. doesn't hurt, but it's a little annoying.

stay healthy!

and here I thought the Muslim rape gangs had ya'll scared to go outside, and that's why you aren't all dead like in Italy.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: ketsuko

pearl-clutching Karens

Oh my! I'm saving that one for the books!!!
Good thing I was already done with the chocolate milk- it could have been ugly!

There's been a couple good ones on this thread...

...stick it where the monkey put the peanut.

...was another one! LOL!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The weird thing I've noticed a lot of lately around here is parents who are all masked and gloved up, but their kids are busy running around unmasked (and unhinged). Heck, I saw one kid who was trying to outshine the floor buffers with his tongue! **shudder** That would be bad even without the virus!

But seriously though, I've seen a number of families where it almost looked like the parents had intentionally not put masks on their kids, yet they were all decked out themselves. I couldn't help but wonder if this was like the old days when Mom used to take junior over to play with the neighbor kid who had chicken pox so he'd get it too.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So, I guess the moral to this story is...

The pearl-clutching Karens can stick it where the monkey stuck the peanut!

ETA - There's gotta' be a way to work some Kevins into this too. Hmmmm...
edit on 5/12/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

You forgot the most important reason...

Flawed stats.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They're called Chad's

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wear my mask when shopping as a courtesy to others.

It's not very comfortable but in countries where most people wear masks the rate of infection drops.

I kind of think that you are very selfish. Perhaps you should think of others.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
Its annoying when random men tell people what to do with their bodies.

It's just as annoying when women do the same, random or not. Their gender never mattered before and still doesn't.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Somehow, that just doesn't really surprise me.

Wearing a mask, OK fine, whatever, while riding. No helmet, while riding...but wearing a mask. OK, then. WTF?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I wear my mask when shopping as a courtesy to others.

It's not very comfortable but in countries where most people wear masks the rate of infection drops.

I kind of think that you are very selfish. Perhaps you should think of others.

You have received this paid PSA from the Karens of America Association.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Saturday, while on an all day family bike trip around Anchorage, I noticed something that really underscores how stupid this COVID response is. Saw more families out biking the Coastal Trail than I've ever seen before, which is very good... saw many, many families biking with masks on, which is their choice but pretty dumb since any mask becomes ineffective once it is saturated with moisture from breathing into it. What really amused me, however, were the families who had their little kids on bikes with masks on not wearing bicycle helmets. I mean, come on people... your kid is so ridiculously more likely to suffer a head injury from crashing their bike without wearing a helmet than they are likely to catch Coronavirus on a suburban bike trail in Alaska. The absence of common sense, replaced by sheep-like behavior is the real human pandemic here.

They didnt get the memo...

K ids die from mask wearing

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You're an adult, do what you want. I don't tell you what to do.
I'm an adult, I'll do what I want. Don't tell me what to do.

Pretty simple, huh?

edit on 12-5-2020 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join