It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Tasted America Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

It's in NJ, by the Allamuchy Mountain.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Thanks for the post, S&F. How cool is it to get wonderful fresh farm grown food and pay for it on the honor system? That is all kinds of awesome. I’ll have to see if there are places like this in Wisconsin.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I Tasted America Today

Did it taste like apple pie, cut grass, bubble gun, baseball, grits, bacon, and MAGA?
edit on 9-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It's about generosity. It's about service. Did you gather the foods for that stand? No. Did you make sure all the product was fresh? No. the PEOPLE who did all of that were PEOPLE, not soda machines.

That extra fifty cents would have been a very small thank you for the wonderful experience you had there. More than just the money for product.

But it seems you and I are different people. Years ago during my vegetarian stage I was walking down the street and passed a barbecue shop. The smell caught my nose and I stopped in my track, sucking in that wonderful fragrance. After sever deep inhalations, I walked in and up to the counter and placed a buck on the counter. They said what could they get me and I told them it was for the smells.

Gratitude. Thankfulness. Offering more than tit for tat in this life.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
As I was reading your post I was reminded of the farm stands we used to stop at in Sussex county.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It's about generosity. It's about service. Did you gather the foods for that stand? No. Did you make sure all the product was fresh? No. the PEOPLE who did all of that were PEOPLE, not soda machines.

That extra fifty cents would have been a very small thank you for the wonderful experience you had there. More than just the money for product.

But it seems you and I are different people. Years ago during my vegetarian stage I was walking down the street and passed a barbecue shop. The smell caught my nose and I stopped in my track, sucking in that wonderful fragrance. After sever deep inhalations, I walked in and up to the counter and placed a buck on the counter. They said what could they get me and I told them it was for the smells.

Gratitude. Thankfulness. Offering more than tit for tat in this life.

You ought to be sainted. Thank the divine we have such selfless people in the world. You are truly our superior.

You wanna know something you swelf righteous tool? Every time you brag about a good deed you have done the master record keeper wipes three off your tally.

Get over yourself.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Pal, you took that as a brag. If that is how you took it then you are being judgmental don't ya thinK. It was merely an example of doing business in a manner other than tit for tat exchange.

What if I had said that one time i was in this barbecue shop when I saw a guy outside just breathing deeply until he turned and walked into the store. As I stood there he plunked a dollar on the counter telling the butcher that he was a vegetarian but still enjoyed the smell of good bar be que and that the smell emanating from the shop was some of the best he had ever smelled. Then the owner smiled and thanked him and as he left, the owner stood there with pride in his product.

Would you still take that as bragging? I might have done that but I didn't. Instead I told the truth, using my own experience as an example.

If you are feeling inferior then that is your problem, not mine. If you think that a simple act of kindness makes a person a self righteous tool then please forgive me if I suggest that you take the divine you just thanked and push it on someone else.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I Tasted America Today

Did it taste like apple pie, cut grass, bubble gun, baseball, grits, bacon, and MAGA?

There was something related to each thing you mentioned, and more.

Oh man, I love this country.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Nahhh.....You had a go at the OP for not leaving the 50 cents there and gave an example of when you gave more and received nothing in return.

Rather than discuss the beauty and nostalgia the OP is trying to share you turn it in to a crapfest of self righteousness.

People like you need to realise the world is sick of you and your holier than thou attitudes.

No surprise you don't acknowledge a higher power as you seem to think you personally are the zenith of creation.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Nahhh.....You had a go at the OP for not leaving the 50 cents there and gave an example of when you gave more and received nothing in return.

Rather than discuss the beauty and nostalgia the OP is trying to share you turn it in to a crapfest of self righteousness.

People like you need to realize the world is sick of you and your holier than thou attitudes.

No surprise you don't acknowledge a higher power as you seem to think you personally are the zenith of creation.

Now see?? Right here you display your interpretation of the post. Our OP wanted to paint a picture, a picture of a better time, a portrait of America that that was simpler time. One might suspect a better time.

Our OP took an example of how some people all over the world at different times and places have lived and then wrapped in in the American flag . Got patriotically nostalgic .''an America we almost forgot''

It was to a degree common with my own memories Reading along through the OP I found myself thinking the same until it got to that part, of taking change. That did not mesh with how I saw my parents acting when I was a child or with how I was raised. To go that extra step in service in gratefulness. Is that wrong? I didn't think so and added it to the thread. Notice how I did not challenge our OP? I didn't reply to the person but rather to the thread itself.

OP seemed to take offense, though not much, and replied about not tipping a soda machine. I then replied in an attempt to further define the America I remember noting that we are not all the same, that we were raised in different ways of seeing the world and not just some template of Americana.

You then replied to that post. I gathered that you were upset with what I had written as you began to call me names. Remember ''self righteous tool''? You suggested that some judgmental ''master score keeper'' would remove some of my tally on the final roles.

You say that OP was trying to share the beauty and nostalgia of America and I turned it into a crapfest. Is that how you really see it? I added to the beauty and nostalgia as I recall it being a bit different from what OP reminisced about and you then take it as me turning the thread into a crapfest. Seems we might be in a scenario here of ''beauty is in the eye of the beholder'' and ''crapfest is in the eye of those who look for it''.

As to this divinity bit you have alluded to a couple of times. Your sense of divinity seems to be of deity as very judgmental. Remember the counting list of tracking points you mentioned? I suppose this is in keeping with how you appear to be so directly judgmental of what I have had to offer. It's not that I don't acknowledge a higher power, it's that I don't accept what sounds to be your interpretation of that higher power.

So where do we go with this from here Mr. Yetalliam? Would you like to go on railing against my sins or shall we just let it drop here? Please feel free to do either, though of course you do not need my permission to do so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join