It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got back....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just got back from a parade.

In our small village there are a few kids who graduated for High School and College during the Covid19 quarantine. They had no graduation ceremony with diplomas handed out, no parties nothing except an email styled "Congratulations. A few of us in the village decided to stage a parade in cars, PUs, motorcycles, on horses and bicycles in front of the recent grads houses, with "congrats" signs, whistles, horns and lots of cheers and attaboies and attagirl. Maybe the show of small town spirit and community for the grads will help dissipate their disappointment of not being able to celebrate with their friends.

Many of us kept the 6' separation wearing masks, many of us didn't and shook hands, hugged, drank a toast to the graduates and hope for their future.

Some of us are probably considered "outlaws" so be it....
edit on 9-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Good on you olaru12.

What most of us look back at as amazing times in our lives will be denied these graduates.

Awesome gesture by you and your Neighbours, I salute you.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You rogue you!!!

I love it. Good show. Everything is for nothing if we cannot still celebrate each other.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Some of us are probably considered "outlaws" so be it....

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
www.tiktok.com...

And the purpose of this reply is?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good stuff, Olaru! That's what community is all about. The little township I live in did the same thing, plus the fire Department went door to door to each graduates house to give balloons, congrats and to take pics. Needless to say, my faith in humanity is restored.
edit on 9-5-2020 by kimish because: (no reason given)

top topics

join