It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entirely different chapter as 5-year-old NYC boy dies from COVID-related complications

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
One of my ways of consuming news these days is to type "Caronavirus New York" into a search engine and bound it to the last 24 hours (I live in NY). I than read through the headlines to see in which direction the fear mongering is trending. I find its a quick way to aggregate all the different view points and data much of witch is in conflict.

Some days the trend in the fear mongering appears to be worsening; "New mobile predicts horrific 2 million will die". Some days the trend in the fear mongering appears to be getting better; "New mobile predicts horrific 100 thousands will die".

Some days its "Antibody testing shows that only 5% of the population has been infected pointing to lockdowns till 2022". Other days its "Antibody testing shows that only 50% of the population has been infected pointing to lockdowns till 2024".

For the last few days the headlines in New York have shifted away from predictive modeling, new hospitalizations and death counts too ...

Live animal "wet markets" in New York City face protests amid coronavirus pandemic - CBS News

And

New York City hospitals begin planned surgeries delayed by coronavirus

And now

Cuomo warns of 'entirely different chapter' as 5-year-old NYC boy dies from COVID-related complications

For months, parents have been counting their blessings amid reports that the novel coronavirus generally seemed to spare children.

As the outbreak spread to the US, data from Chinese health officials showed children did not seem to be catching the virus in the same numbers as adults. If they did, they were not developing severe symptoms.

Now, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is warning of disturbing signs that that may not be entirely true.

A 5-year-old boy in New York City died Thursday from coronavirus-related complications, Cuomo said in a press conference Friday afternoon, adding that the state's health department is investigating "several other cases that present similar circumstances."

"This would be really painful news and would open up an entirely different chapter, because I can't tell you how many people I spoke to who took peace and solace in the fact that children were not getting infected," Cuomo said. "We thought children could be vehicles of transmission ... but we didn't think children would suffer from it."

So after over 21 thousand people have died in New York from COVID-19 since march; and now that New York seems to have turned a corner there is a new threat for parents, and everyone else, to worry about as a few children have now died of Covid related complications.

Do we shrug this off as just a few more deaths in a small ocean of death or are we entering a entirely different chapter of the epidemic? Is it a more dangerous chapter? Should we be more scared now?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

What good does being scared do??

Is it going to make people take better precautions?? I mean, seriously, y'all should be taking all reasonable precautions already...right?

It's always horrible when innocents, especially children, die. That's the way most of us are wired, protect the young, and it hurts when we can't.

Fear, when harnessed, can work wonders. Being scared...? Not so much. Semantics, perhaps, but true to my eyes, none the less.

Scaremongering on the part of politicians and their pet medias are part and partial to moving you, and I, in directions we might not go in other circumstances.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
from the article..

Most of them tested positive for coronavirus or had positive antibody tests.

Most of them not all of them, link to CoVid is not there in all cases

Some of the children had persistent fever, toxic shock syndrome, and features similar to Kawasaki disease, the state health advisory said.
Kawasaki disease causes inflammation in the walls of the arteries and can limit blood flow to the heart. While it's usually treatable and most children recover without serious problems, it can also be deadly. It mainly affects children under 5.
Symptoms include a high temperature lasting over five days along with a rash, swollen neck glands, dry cracked lips, swelling of the hands and feet, and redness in both eyes.

www.cnn.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others

edit on Sat May 9 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED SOURCE AND TAGS

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What does "coronavirus related complications" mean

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yep. This bug is full of surprises... Now uncontrolled blood clots and blood coagulation.

At least 85 kids across U.S. have developed rare, mysterious COVID-19-linked illness

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It means the virus is causing something else like blood clots, severe inflammation which is damaging organs, blood vessel collapse resulting in gangrene and amputations, strokes, heart attacks due to clotting... nice stuff like that.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The docs should probably look into cytokine issues that, historically, frequently present alongside novel viruses.

Children dying from anything is tragic. And yes, due to our general inability to comprehend scale, things like this will be used for fear.

NY, specifically NYC, seems to represent a very unique situation that residents should really be asking some hard questions about. Most everything has been Programmed to be in terms of The Virus, but I strongly suspect much different causes for whats happening there.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Should we be more scared now?

Is there any more Scare left to go round?

The vast majority are irrationally scared whilst the vast minority are angry at the majority for being scared.

And easy triggers abound for the former...

Boo!

WAIT! You haven't even heard about the 5-year-old yet!

Oh, forget it...

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

It means the virus is causing something else like blood clots, severe inflammation which is damaging organs, blood vessel collapse resulting in gangrene and amputations, strokes, heart attacks due to clotting... nice stuff like that.

It means the kid had some other illness and was likely already very unhealthy / ill. Coronovirus was just the last straw...

Almost all the deaths involve multiple co-morbidity issue.

My issue with the way the media and politicians present this information in a way that makes the less informed sheep think some random, perfectly healthy kid or adult just collapses and dies from the virus.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What is the logic being used here... we know without a doubt children have a very low chance of dying, although a small number have died. Then a child dies in NYC and suddenly that entire premise goes out the window even though it's expected a small number of children will die. It's nothing but more reactionary fearmongering... and until they explain exactly how the kid died and how Covid-19 may have caused complications, then there is absolutely no substance to this story. A few weeks ago they reported on "the worlds youngest victim of Covid-19" but it later turned out that child died in a tragic home accident, and they knew full well what happened, but still used it as a fearmongering tool because they know invoking child deaths gets people more emotional than anything else. Nothing has changed, the only new chapter we are entering is the one where we start to stop all this nonsense and get back to normal, and it will happen within months regardless of the paranoid doom addicts.
edit on 9/5/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

That is not what "coronavirus related complications" means. It means a similar thing to flu related complications, it means that person was probably already sick with something fairly serious but a viral infection caused further complications and resulted in death. This recent talk of all these new unusual symptoms such as "toxic shock" are highly likely to be completely different viruses or illnesses altogether, being lumped together with Covid-19.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yeah , Kid Allegedly Dying from Covid-19 in a Blue State . Not Suspicious at All...

Democrats Created a Third World City in NY and got a Third World Death Count .
Gov. Cuomo , One Hell of a Clown ......

edit on 9-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is it just me? it said most of them had COVID not all, ergo if all of them didn't have CoVid it's not totally COVID related. This reminds me of questions on a Wonderlic test.

I can see Cuomo, interest in me is waning find me a sick kid with CoViD now....

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ancient building poor older piping situations we pointed at in china as a problem that helped the virus spread, anyone that thinks its turned the corner in New York City is fooling themselves that city will probably be the last one to get things under control.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Seriously. Of all things, this is not a kid disease problem.

So far 80,000 deaths in the US.

So. far 6 people under the age of 14 have died in the US.

6...out of 80000 deaths. This is about the safest disease around as far as kids are concerned.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Seriously. Of all things, this is not a kid disease problem.

So far 80,000 deaths in the US.

So. far 6 people under the age of 14 have died in the US.

6...out of 80000 deaths. This is about the safest disease around as far as kids are concerned.

Kids are still more likely to die from influenza than the Wuhan Virus. But let’s panic some more.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How about 50,000 children murdered in New York by doctors and moms who did not want them to be born?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Re www.worldometers.info...

241 deaths per 1 million Americans over the past three months.

Sensible precautions were all that was needed.

Shutting down the country was a hoax to damage President Trump. It will not work.

But it will backfire big-time when people understand how Democrats were willing to ruin American lives, and sacrifice American lives, just to achieve a political and power goal!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I still have suspicions that they are claiming everything as being related to CoViD-19.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
How about 50,000 children murdered in New York by doctors and moms who did not want them to be born?

Ugh, now we're going to start randomly comparing allforms of death, including abortion, in a flailing effort to derail a thread?

Can we just start a specific forum dedicated only to abortion arguments for the people wholove chasing tails with each other and keep it out of everything else?

OP, thanks for the thread.

- carewemust - no thanks for the completelynoff-topic derailment attempt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join