It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Asian Flu and the Hong Kong flu were just as bad as CoVid-19 100,000 dead each

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

“Ruse” why does everybody feel the need to be a jerk on this thread ?

Oh what the hell when in Rome .

Do you actually think that’s a excuse everyone on social media hasn’t heard ?

Thank you for that revelation but ....

The comparisons wouldn't even be close without the lock downs.

Let’s see some hard data. Like implementation, time span and correlation with other countries . Take a look at my predictions on when peaks would occur before any lockdown had taken place . It’s in my threads .

That is the big ingredient missing from your "Ruse' recipe.

The biggest ingredient missing from your reply is facts.

Had we gone on with life like they had back then we would be looking at a few million dead Americans.

The fact is that the Asian flu and the Hong Kong flu had higher CFR and RO rates. So explain to me how CV would spread quicker and killed more people ?

Tell me with those two facts how you know millions would’ve died ?

Have you looked at the Swedish or Turkish models . The Swedish model worked Per capita and out performed Italy, Spain, France ,the UK and Belgian among others . To head you off you can’t compare the Swedish model to other Nordic countries only. That’s just cherry picking statistics .

Per capita data on the right of countries list.

Now we will move on to what turkey did. Starting around April 10 they imposed 2 weekend lockdowns, 1 three day lockdown and one four day lockdown .

Apparently those lockdowns started working immediately ( look at the chart ) on the first weekend and continue to work on the 2 extended weekends .

Which can only mean one thing for lockdowns and it’s great news !!!

The instantaneous effect proves Covid 19 takes a Holiday most of the work week 🥳

If we could teach CV

Two Jetski on the weekends

The crisis would be over

edit on 6-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Fallingdown

The numbers when dealing with COVID-19 coming out of certain states in America are B.S. Numbers; N.Y. ranks right at the top for B.S. number game IMO. Get hit by a truck "COVID-19" commit arkanscide with a bullet to the brain, "COVID-19" ..

But that isn't happening at all. Nor is it remotely likely.

Notice how the doom and gloom are coming out of the democratic controlled blue states for the most part...

I do know this unless I am on my death bed I will not be taking any Gates sponsored miracle cure.

What will they put on your death certificate as to the cause of death then? "Offered a lifeline but refused"?

Also, the Gates Foundation is just one among thousands of sponsors of research into producing an immunization or a cure. Chances are, a good cheap widely distributed cure may well have nothing to do with Gates.

Perhaps the COD should be "fatal level of ignorance"?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Except the neighbors on either side who did lockdown, Finland and Norway have a per capita death rate of 45 and 40 respectively. How is having a per capita death rate 6.5 and 7.2 times their neighbors a good thing?

Also Belgium put off locking down and they are number 2 on the list. The number one only has 41 total deaths but their population is 33K.

Italy didn't even start off doing a complete lockdown and just did it for the hardest hit region and they ended up adding 70% of their deaths after reaching peak.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Except the neighbors on either side who did lockdown, Finland and Norway have a per capita death rate of 45 and 40 respectively. How is having a per capita death rate 6.5 and 7.2 times their neighbors a good thing?

Neighbors ? What does that mean when the entire world is infected ?

My point was Sweden’s model works better that many western models who had lockdowns .

I already said using the nordic countries for comparison is cherry picking data .

Are you trying to claim because of geographical locations none of the other statistics in the world are applicable ?

Here’s the first stats mainly to give you a bearing .

Here’s the second graph pay attention to deaths/ 1M pop.

Spain 553, Italy 491, UK 443 France 395 Per million

Sweden (third line) is at 291 per million .

I didn’t include Belgium . Mainly because I didn’t wanna bother with checking your numbers. I confess I was being lazy . Plus there are other countries with a higher per capita death rate that I didn’t include either .

Here’s my source I’ll show you mine if you show me yours . Lol

Worldmeters

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It reaches different countries/regions at different times. Comparing them to Italy/Spain/France who are further along on the curve isn't a fair comparison. Comparing them to their neighbors, who would have had the virus arrive within similar times is more accurate and it does show a difference that lockdowns make.

Mine is the same source.

You could actually order them by deaths/1M pop

ETA: Italy registered their first death on Feb 23 and Sweden on March 15. That is a 3 week difference and given the exponential rise, 3 weeks really makes a difference.
edit on 6-5-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It reaches different countries/regions at different times. Comparing them to Italy/Spain/France who are further along on the curve isn't a fair comparison

No offense but that’s a load of crap . A country gets the virus and they start keeping statistics on the virus in their country .

If the virus didn’t touch Easter island for two years. The moment it did they’d start keeping statistics and those statistics at that location would be as accurate as statistics from Tahiti two years. ?

The Swedish model outperformed European models showing that lockdowns are not necessarily the cure . Turkey is another example of new cases and mandatory lockdown not coinciding .

Geological location or time doesn’t change a thing .

i’m going to use these figures just to make things simple .

If 100 people get infected and three die in country A in April.

Then in country B another 100 people get infected in three die in December .

You’re try to tell me there is a difference .

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Of course it changes things if you are comparing one country in week 3 of a pandemic with another country which is in week 6.

Italy went from 49 deaths on March 6 to 919 on March 27. That is a 3 week difference.

On those same dates Sweden shows 0 deaths for March 6 and 32 deaths on March 27 because the virus got there later.

Used Wiki because worldometers implemented a 7 day moving average which no longer allows one to see the individual numbers for days with low numbers. You have to go to history, on the graph on the right, click on "last 15 days" and then "March" to see the numbers for only March.
Italy
Sweden

The deaths are cumulative so you take the number on a given date and subtract the number from the previous date.

ETA: You could do the same with the worldometers total deaths graph.

edit on 7-5-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Don't know how many times this is needs saying but clearly it does. With the flu strains people weren't hospitalised in their hundreds and thousands and dying by drowning in their own lung juice!! Their blood counts weren't dropping to in the 20s and 30s and people weren't asymptomatic infecting thousands of others. The problem with covid-19 is the speed at which it infects and kills and hospitals weren't prepared to cope with such huge numbers at the same time. There are treatments for flu and established protocols....covid-19 is new disease and as yet no one course of treatment has been established.

Oh c'mon, don't let the facts get in the way of a flashy OP title and some text relating to completely different viruses

Name one “Fact” that doesn’t coincide with the symptoms/outcome of the Asian or Hong Kong flu .

You clearly just don't understand that these viruses are not the same, "coincidences" may be how your brain works, but that's not science

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You clearly can’t understand diagnosis, symptoms and death toll .

Or my point for that matter .

We’ve lost a 100,000 people or more from other viruses .

When the politician say we’ve never had a flu season like this. They’re lying
edit on 7-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Italy went from 49 deaths on March 6 to 919 on March 27. That is a 3 week difference.

I called the 4 to 6 week window on March 13 .

Both of you were saying?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Peak for one country isn't peak for another.

Italy also added 70% of the death toll after peak so peak is not an indicator of the final number.

I think Sweden will move up to the number 8 spot on the per capita list during the weekend. The Swedish model isn't done performing yet.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You keep throwing up strawman after strawman. It’s kind of funny .

So let’s get back to the original statement .

Did the Swedish model have a few were per capita deaths ?

Geographical location does not matter .

Time of infection does not apply either

Both of those have been established .

Bottom line ....

Was the Swedish model more effective than many of the western European models ?

Yes or no ?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I don't believe you can ask that question until the virus is conquered worldwide. Then we can see who's left standing. Sweden 's death rate is now catching up and many in Sweden believe their Government has done entirely the wrong thing. As lock downs are reduced, we will have to wait and see if there is the forecasted "second wave".

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The deaths the OP cites were 1-year totals. That averages 274 deaths/day. We've seen 76,000 deaths in the US in 63 days. That's 1,206 deaths/day and we're nowhere near done with this yet. And the rate of critical hospitalizations from those flu outbreaks don't touch what is happening with COVID. I can't understand why people are so fixated on this catastrophe being hung on the Democrats. WTH did they have to do with this thing? It's worldwide. Reps/Dems had nothing to do with that. We understand your burning need to divest Trump & Co. from any and all responsibility but the data doesn't support your spin. It wouldn't have mattered if the virus came from an Asian market, a bio-lab, or out of Sponge Bob's butt... once it hit the US it was up to this country to contain it. We failed.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It did at the time you posted.

People have been citing them for some time but they have been increasing that number since then and will continue. Time will tell. The same time that you seem to believe is stuck at the time of your post.

edit on 7-5-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

That’s not what you said .

Here’s what you said ......

Don't know how many times this is needs saying but clearly it does. With the flu strains people weren't hospitalised in their hundreds and thousands and dying by drowning in their own lung juice!! Their blood counts weren't dropping to in the 20s and 30s and people weren't asymptomatic infecting thousands of others. The problem with covid-19 is the speed at which it infects and kills and hospitals weren't prepared to cope with such huge numbers at the same time. There are treatments for flu and established protocols....covid-19 is new disease and as yet no one course of treatment has been established.

And it was all wrong I guess that’s why you’re on this new subject .

But I can agree with some of what you said about the completion of the virus .

Remember with a population adjustment it’s 200,000 for the Asian and Hong Kong flu’s .

When you get numbers like that it doesn’t really matter who has the most cases .

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I looked at my post again. I’ve been in a bad mood in the real world .

After I looked at them I feel like I was taking it out on you guys .

My apologies

I’m gonna take a break and sort it out .

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

No apologies needed, as far as I'm concerned.

I've seen people come to the same conclusions that you have.

Hope things turn out well IRL.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Covid could yet kill millions ... we just dont know.
When it mutates it could fizzle out, or could be an ELE.

Likely somewhere in between ... but its NO Flu strain!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Corona is a virus that has been around for a long time, emerged in the 60s, the strength of the one we have now is different and no, no everybody dies from it, we humans are build to fight viruses if we did not it will not be a human left alive in earth, but we also have change, our way of life is making most of us weak, but as with any other virus, some died while the majority will live and live goes on, we will all be infected, just like everybody gets the flu eventually in their lives time with vaccine or no.

The media has created a mass hysteria, yes people die from viruses all the time, but this time Covid has been made into a monster.

This virus will go away and another will come around, just like the viruses before Covid, life goes on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join