It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 charged in killing of store security guard over virus mask

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: opethPA

Well, they were armed as part of their 'right' to carry a deadly weapon in public without adequate safeguards to ensure it isn't misused.

A patriot, obviously.

Honestly, throw the book at the shooter.

Pay reparations to the family of the deceased, too.

That is about the most asinine comment I've ever read on here.

Take a look at her booking photo, and say that snip again.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Are you saying black people cant be Patriots? I thought trump had a whole bunch of african american friends and I haven't really seen many mug shots that give a positive first impression of the person.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm saying this comment was insulting.

Well, they were armed as part of their 'right' to carry a deadly weapon in public without adequate safeguards to ensure it isn't misused.

A patriot, obviously.

That comment was clearly aimed at white people, and those that believe in their right to self defense.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Kind of curious as to how you're going to attempt to cast blame upon anyone other than the jack-holes responsible for the shooting??

Aim for the feels!!!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Kind of curious as to how you're going to attempt to cast blame upon anyone other than the jack-holes responsible for the shooting??

Aim for the feels!!!

So you didn't actually read my OP because if you did you would see exactly who I blamed.

Since you didn't read it, let me drop that section here for you "I hope these cowards face the maximum penalty of the law. At least one of them willingly made the choice to shoot someone in the back of the head because that person was doing their job. They are the only people that are responsible for this action and I hope they pay the ultimate price for it.
"

As I openly admitted the other night , I should have worded my original post differently or even better not made it from a place of frustration. All that being said I left my poor wording in there because I am firm believer in Extreme Ownership and in that case I made a mistake , I owned it then I fixed it. Didn't try and hide from that mistake by deleting my poor choices.

edit on 7-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm saying this comment was insulting.

A patriot, obviously.

That comment was clearly aimed at white people, and those that believe in their right to self defense.

My comment made no mention, even by inference, about skin color.

My comment was about the absurdity of allowing just anyone to carry around a deadly weapon, because obviously there are many who present a significant and actual danger to others when so armed.

You are projecting your views and attitudes on to the situation.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Aim for the feels!!!

Wouldn't the gun supply chain and those responsible for the legislation that arms offenders such as these wear a portion of the blame?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You are assuming they legally obtained the gun and were lawfully carrying it.
edit on 7-5-2020 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

If this ends up being a case of a lawful gun owner shooting someone I'll eat my hat.

Since the usual interpretation of the 2nd amendment allows the general public to be armed. It is most likely that the shooter was a gun owner compliant with the laws of gun ownership. You can't grant that 'right' to everyone and then expect that only the 'good' will purchase a weapon.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ok. I've been in this store numerous times.

2 of my kids attend UofM in Flint and my husband's work is located in the industrial area by there. Sometimes I pop in. U of M and Kettering Police patrol that area to keep it safe. The Universities are not going to like that going down in their area at all. It usually pretty safe right there.

Lots of local street talk. But let's be real the shooter and the family would have shot that security guard over anything. The mask was just a kick off point. Unfortunately Flint is full of people who love to go out looking for a fight. The Security Guard could have just looked at them wrong and something would have went down.
Just always angry, always "on" and always think they are right.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yeah it did.

That's a white thing because a certain group of people are owe $$ for some snip that happened over 100 years ago.

And yet no one involved in the shooting that took place was white.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

You are assuming they legally obtained the gun and were lawfully carrying it.

Yes, that is how the majority of Americans normally acquire and carry a gun. Even criminals.

How to Buy a Firearm in Michigan - Wiki How

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Calvin Munerlyn was shot Friday at the store just north of downtown Flint a short time after telling Sharmel Teague’s daughter she had to leave because she lacked a mask, according to Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton.

apnews.com...

Flint Michigan. Strike one.

Family Dollar Strike two.

A security guard's family is 'owed' reparations.

For what ?

A civil suit sure.

Reparations effing stupid.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yeah it did.

That's a white thing because a certain group of people are owe $$ for some snip that happened over 100 years ago.

And yet no one involved in the shooting that took place was white.

No it is a legal concept.

Reparation (legal)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Good luck with getting 'reparations' from Family dollar shoppers.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Good luck with getting 'reparations' from Family dollar shoppers.

The concept is similar to the process of payment of child maintenance, it can be recovered as an ongoing percentage of the future wages of the felon. To me, there is justice in a perpetrator paying for their crime.

Wage Garnishment: How It Works and What You Can Do - nerdwallet

Human lives have value, even if they are African Americans, live in Flint, and work in a Family Dollar store.

The real tragedy is that a Family Dollar store needs a security guard. It indicates a failure of the system at a basic level.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

No. Why should they be??

They've no control, what so ever, after any product, guns or otherwise, leave their control-the store.

The only responsibility they bear would be if the product was defective. They can't control the users being defective...

So, no.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No. Why should they be??

They've no control, what so ever, after any product, guns or otherwise, leave their control-the store.

The only responsibility they bear would be if the product was defective. They can't control the users being defective...

So, no.

You could apply the same rationale to try and falsely exculpate illegal drug dealers.

Guns are deadly weapons and they don't have alternative uses. It's a fairly damn sure thing that some of them will be used to kill people and commit other crimes.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Some of them, certainly.

Just as cars are used for that, too.

...and most any other item, as well.

When does it stop, and people are held responsible for their own damned, and damnable, actions?? Instead you seem to want to blame a tool.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Some of them, certainly.

Just as cars are used for that, too.

...and most any other item, as well.

When does it stop, and people are held responsible for their own damned, and damnable, actions?? Instead you seem to want to blame a tool.

Cars have other benign uses, as do many other things that are dangerous.

What are the other benign uses of guns?

As a tool, guns are fairly single purpose.

edit on 8/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join