It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happened yesterday.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yesterday (5-2-20) around 1pm I heard a very loud noise. I live in a rural type area so it is not rare to hear gunshots. But this sounded extremely close. I thought someone fired a gun. I looked out my window and didn't see anything. It was a sunny day with winds blowing but not blowing so hard as to knock a limb out of a tree. Anyway, after not seeing anything I didn't think much more of it.

Today (5-3-20) I went to get in my vehicle and I noticed a hole in my carport. So that had to have been the noise that I heard. Something tore thru my metal carport. Here is a pic for some reference:

The hole looks to measure about 1 1/2" at the longest length to approximately 1/2" to 3/4" at the widest width. I did not climb up there and get exact measurements. Based on the way the metal curls at the hole, I am guesstimating that the object that hit my carport did so at an approximately 45 degree angle from the south.

I then looked on the ground for SOMETHING out of the ordinary. I have a gravel driveway so I have rocks all over the place. I do not think it would have bounced, as hard as it hit my carport. I will look again. I would love to find whatever caused it. Any legit ideas guys? I am looking for answers for something that I will likely never find. Just extremely curious and any meaningful help will be appreciated.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Could have been a ricochet ? Do you have a metal detector?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A falling bullet ? A small meteorite fragment/space debris ?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Ricochet of a bullet? No metal detector.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Surely a casing wouldn't hit that hard. Not sure about a bullet. The thought crossed my mind but I do not see a shell. I wouldn't rule out meteorite but, like I said, I see nothing out of the ordinary.

I am about to go look around some more.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Doesn’t look like gun fire. Look on the roof of the carport it my not have penetrated. If it’s space junk, reminder it may be toxic.
edit on 3-5-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Oh crap..... this better not be the beginnings of that asteroid that’s gonna get us.

This has gotta be a better explanation for economic lockdown than the virus.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That could easily be a ricochet. Bullets after penetrating their initial target can start to tumble through the air if they are FMJ and leave a irregular puncture mark on anything they hit next.

Living rural with common use of long guns for both hunting and driving off predators I am gunna go with a stray round.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Possible. It is rural type but lots of people in this area. So shooting guns isn't the best idea, here. Major highway close by too. I have no doubt, whatever it was would have killed someone. Most likely, me. But, I cannot find a bullet, either.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Good idea. I can look thru binoculars and see the hole in the top of the carport. Will have to try and get a closer look though. There is some debris from trees and stuff.

I am pretty sure the object had to have gone thru though. The metal curls inward.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

if its a piece of a meteorite then get a magnet

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Okay, I inspected the top of the carport and it is clear.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I'll give that a try but I don't have big magnets so it will only cover a small area at a time.

I am certain of a general smallish area that it has to be. But rocks/and weed eating that I didn't do doesn't help. I'd think I'd see a hole or divot in the ground....nothing though that stands out.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Got the ladder out and climbed up underneath to get some closeups.

Took my tape measure to get a more accurate measurement. I was close to what I said about. It is 1 1/2" in length by 7/8" wide.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Enlarging it makes it look like a spherical ball shape hit it, but is absent a concave impression....that is what it looks like to me..?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Pretty trippy, small meteorite perhaps.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm going to say whatever hit wasn't round but looks like it had a sharp edge.

More pictures if possible.

I've put a few holes in buildings.

Hummm

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you have one, use a laser pointer (cat toy?) and align the beam with the angle of impact.

Might give you a rough idea of where to look on the ground.

Thank you CSI!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Here is another pic I took from my ladder. This and the 2 previous were all from the ladder at differing angles.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Well, like I said it appears to be approximately 45 degrees. There is a general area where I think something might be. But if it is a rock like object I may never be able to differentiate it from all of the other rocks I have in my driveway.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join