It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happened yesterday.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

There is no concave in the area around the hole.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Well, like I said it appears to be approximately 45 degrees. There is a general area where I think something might be. But if it is a rock like object I may never be able to differentiate it from all of the other rocks I have in my driveway.

I would try image searching "what does a meteorite look like" and as others have noted, it's likely going to stick to a magnet.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
While searching, I came across this:

A Meteorite Meets a Carport

Impacts come when you least expect them. In 1973, a carport roof in San Juan Capistrano, California, took a hit from an asteroid fragment. Owner George Stinchcomb reported hearing a sound like a gunshot in the middle of the night. The next morning, he found an egg-size meteorite that crashed through the carport roof onto the concrete floor.

There is a pic of a hole in a car port. Bigger than mine though.

He found his. Whatever hit mine cannot be bigger than a piece of gravel.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer
Try using an ultraviolet light at night. Some
meteorites are fluorescent under an ultraviolet
light. An ultraviolet LED flashlight would be
easiest to use in your case.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If its possiblly a small meteorite it will be blackened and burnt, I know I may be stating the obvious here so forgive me. But they do tend to look like small fragments of coal a reply to: Blueracer

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yep, that's a covid infected meteorite hit. It's in space too.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: Dr UAE

I'll give that a try but I don't have big magnets so it will only cover a small area at a time.

I am certain of a general smallish area that it has to be. But rocks/and weed eating that I didn't do doesn't help. I'd think I'd see a hole or divot in the ground....nothing though that stands out.

You might want to invest in one of those long magnets with a wheel on each side and a long push handle in the middle. If it is a Meteorite it could be worth a nice load of cash.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I declare something came from the direction of the sky at a high rate of speed and impacted the car port thereby resulting in the hole you mentioned. As to discovering what that something was, thats not my job.

Pack it up boys, this one is case closed.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

a shard of ice from an aircraft ?? - evidence will have disapeared

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

No, not the beginnings of that asteroid - it WAS that asteroid! That's it. Apocalypse over, folks. Sorry the show sucked but there's no refunds.
Serious note - space rocks can be worth a good bit of cash. I'm no expert but if it were me I'd be hunting your invader down and if it is a meteorite I'd make some calls, check around, etc...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I notice that some of the "dags" around the inside of the hole have curled all the way around on themselves.... Is this normal for an object blasting through the tin at speed? I wouldn't have expected the edges to curl back on themselves like that.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm a detectorist. If you were in NJ I'd be happy to bring my equipment to you.

I think it could be a bolt from an airplane.

If you have a dog, he might behave strangely if he goes there. I don't rhink it was an space rock.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yes, a bullet will. The castings eject to the ground...the bullet round can travel quite a distance up...and comes down w some force.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
As others have said get a decent magnet and rummage through the stones on your driveway. If it’s a meteorite it will likely have high iron-nickel content.

Some terrestrial rocks will contain magnetite which might give you a false positive.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You could check flight data over your house around the time the incident occured , might rule out that factor.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
On April 30th there was a loud boom that shook the ground. Still don’t know what it was. Located outside Pittsburgh. Strange.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Probably some teenagers with a gun end of story.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

a simple question for everyone saying projectile from a firearm :

what caliber ?

its not a trick question - the threadstarter reports the hole = 40mm * 22mm

in sheet-stock

yes - i am aware of the terminal velocity of projectiles

i want to know - how a firearms projectile - that is not IMMEDIATLY obvious against gravel - made a hole as cited

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

a simple question for everyone saying projectile from a firearm :

what caliber ?

its not a trick question - the threadstarter reports the hole = 40mm * 22mm

in sheet-stock

yes - i am aware of the terminal velocity of projectiles

i want to know - how a firearms projectile - that is not IMMEDIATLY obvious against gravel - made a hole as cited

Mate I've been shooting guns my whole life, the round fired .22cal or .45acp could have made that whole depending on what type of bullet was fired. A JHP would make a much larger whole than the size of the bullet itself , also it could have been a rifle who knows.

It could have been a meteorite also I don't know.

Oh hold on a sec I just realized the whole is in the top of a car port , I thought it was a wall . NVM yea thats a meteorite or something that fell off a plane .
edit on 4-5-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The legal limit for rifle and handgun ammunition in the us is .50 caliber, or .5 inch in diameter, a 12 gage shotgun slug in .729 inches. So it could be a lead slug. I suggest run a string from the hole, in the best guess, direction of travel. You may get lucky. If it’s a slug, it will probably be a dull, gray color.
Good luck, and please let us know if you find anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join